Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development MySQL Master-Slave Configuration: Don't Replicate a Row of a Table? Post 302461244 by radoulov on Saturday 9th of October 2010 11:41:40 AM
Old 10-09-2010
Neo,
I assume these options are static so you could take a dump of the production db (use --master-data), then import the data in the slave, update the rows on the slave with the proper configuration and then start the replication. As far as those rows remain untouched on the master, the slave configuration will remain valid.
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS master / slave problems

Our NIS master server went down. We have since fixed it and brought it back up. However all of are machines still point to the slave server when looking at it with ypwhich. My question is how do i point the servers back to the master. Frank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

2. SCO

master and slave in lan network

hello , i setup a lan network , but i don't know how configure master and slave in the lan network please help me:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hossein
2 Replies

3. AIX

Slave NIS server configuration change

Hello Everybody, I have a question regarding SLAVE NIS SERVER in aix. We are using NIS master of Sun Solaris 9.0 which is on different subnet i.e. 10.197.93.0. And Our slave server is having AIX 5.3 installed which is on 10.207.13.0 subnet. I have a query regarding its name and ip address... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jit15975
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql how to select a specific row from a table

i have a table records ------------ id | user | time | event 91 admin | 12:00 | hi 92 admin | 11:00 | hi 93 admin | 12:00 | bye 94 admin | 13:00 | bye 95 root | 12:00 | hi 96 root | 12:30 | hi 97 root | 12:56 | hi how could i only select and display only the user and event from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
6 Replies

5. Programming

Asynchronous communication between master and slave threads

I am writing a process that has a master thread and a set of slave threads. Master thread is supposed to get jobs dynamically and assign to slave thread which is free. Master also get results back from slaves once a job is done. The number of slaves should be adjustable dynamically based on job... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamil.pamaran
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies

7. Programming

How to wait the slave to be finished first then execute the master--MPI C++?

Hi, How to wait the slave to be finished first then execute the master? Can someone give me the specific function? Or the detailed example. Thanks~ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wanliushao
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

DNS question about initial Master/Slave setup

Hey everyone. I'm creating a DNS master/slave server set up. I have the configurations all done I believe, the master has the required zone file, and the named.conf file has the allow transfer and allow query stuff set. The slave has it's own configs set. My question is that when initially... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies
TCOM(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   TCOM(4)

NAME
tcom -- multiplexing serial communications interface SYNOPSIS
For 4-port TC-400 series boards: tcom0 at isa? port 0x100 irq 5 com2 at tcom? slave ? com3 at tcom? slave ? com4 at tcom? slave ? com5 at tcom? slave ? For 8-port TC-800 series boards: tcom0 at isa? port 0x100 irq 5 com2 at tcom? slave ? com3 at tcom? slave ? com4 at tcom? slave ? com5 at tcom? slave ? com6 at tcom? slave ? com7 at tcom? slave ? com8 at tcom? slave ? com9 at tcom? slave ? DESCRIPTION
The tcom driver provides support for the Byte Runner Technologies TC-400 and TC-800 series boards that multiplex together up to four or eight EIA RS-232C (CCITT V.28) communications interfaces. Each tcom device is the master device for up to eight com devices. The kernel configuration specifies these com devices as slave devices of the tcom device, as shown in the synopsis. The slave ID given for each com device determines which bit in the interrupt multiplexing regis- ter is tested to find interrupts for that device. The port specification for the tcom device is used to compute the base addresses for the com subdevices and the port for the interrupt multiplexing register. Not all possible configuration options are currently supported (for example, speeds beyond 115200 baud are not currently supported). FILES
/dev/tty?? SEE ALSO
com(4) HISTORY
The tcom driver was written by Jukka Marin. BSD
May 20, 1998 BSD