Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Table Cleanup Script
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Table Cleanup Script Post 302461063 by moe458 on Friday 8th of October 2010 01:37:00 PM
Old 10-08-2010
I'm able to run the query in the sybase and it works fine but when i try to put it in the script it gives errors..not sure what the problem is..i get the following error

Code:
sunos-moe > cleanup.sh
select cleanup.out cleanup.sh cleanup.tmp test.sh truncateEOL.sh truncateEOL.sql from CLEANUPTABLE  where convert(varchar(12), ORDER_DATE, 3) <= '20100005'
cleanup.sh[6]: syntax error at line 6 : ``' unmatched
sunos-moe >

---------- Post updated at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:49 AM ----------

Code:
1> select count(*) from CLEANUPTABLE  where convert(varchar(12), ORDER_DATE, 3) <= '20100810'
2> go

----------- 

(1 row affected)
1>

here is the what I had pulled from the database...i don't want to truncate anything unless i'm able to select..there are 130K records in there...just want to clean up what i want..let's do the select and deal with the truncate later ;-)

---------- Post updated at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:51 AM ----------

Okay I got it resolved.

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

dt=`date | awk '{printf"%4d%2d%2d\n",$6,$2,($3-3)}' | sed 's/ /0/g'`
isql -U${dbuid} -P${dbpwd} -S${dbsrv} << EOF
select * from CLEANUPTABLE where convert(varchar(12), ORDER_DATE, 3) <= '${dt}' 
go
output to cleanup.out
EXIT;
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/ksh script to cleanup /etc/group file

Many of my servers' /etc/group file have many userid's that does not exist in /etc/passwd file and they need to be deleted. This happened due to manual manipulation of /etc/passwd files. I need to do this for 40 servers. Can anyone help me in achieving this? Even reducing a step or two will be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Cleanup Script

Hi Guys, I've got an system setup to act as an sftp server. I have a script that allows me to create chroot users running a custom shell within their home directory, it also creates a subdirectory that they can write into. I'm trying to write a script (that I can cron at a later date) that checks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King_Brucie
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup script

Hi! I would like to write a script which remove some files, all beginning with the same prefix : prefix.1 doc/prefix.2 ../prefix.3 etc. So, I would create a file and chmod it executable. But I dont know how to pass a variable to a script. I would like to write something like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestions/cleanup Bash script

Hello, beginner bash scripter here.. I was able to write a script and it works just fine. I'm just wondering if someone could chime in or any suggestions to make it cleaner or tighter so to speak. I have a disk to disk backup solution which uses 250GB disks. When one gets full I just po in a new... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail cleanup from ksh script, keeping 50 most recent msgs

I found some posts describing how to completely clean out a mailbox in Unix/Linux. But I want to keep the 50 most recent messages. Any ideas out there? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: OPTIMUS_prime
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pid.cleanup script.

Hi guys! I have a directory in the production environment from which i have to delete files older then 40 minutes with .pid extention. I wrote a script below for the purpose. #!/bin/bash # # Script to delete specific file older than N minutes. # OLDERTHAN="40" #40 minutes ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajid.shah
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty

Hello, I'm working with putty on Windows 7 professional and I'd like to know if there's a way to gather specific lines from a pre-existing table and make a new table with that information. More specifically, I'd like the program to look at a specific column, say column N, and see if any of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deedee393
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestion with script to cleanup

I need help with sed and awk scripts to search for Symmetrix ID=000090009902 and then grep its child disk devices associated to the dead paths and display them only, so that those dead devices can be removed. test01:/#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=hdiskpower0 Symmetrix ID=000090009902... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script for cleanup

Hello, I need some help from unix guru's here..I am looking for some advanced level script to cleanup the directories and files from specific directories under a file system.. The folders are created under /opt/modules And under modules, there are multiple subfolders with the application... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mb525
6 Replies

10. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
AMCLEANUP(8)						  System Administration Commands					      AMCLEANUP(8)

NAME
amcleanup - run the Amanda cleanup process after a failure SYNOPSIS
amcleanup [-k] [-p] [-r] [-v] config DESCRIPTION
Amcleanup generates the Amanda Mail Report and updates the Amanda databases after a system failure on a tape server host. This cleanup process is normally done automatically as part of the amdump program, but if amdump cannot complete for some reason (usually because of a tape server host crash), amcleanup must be run some time later (usually during system boot). The amcleanupdisk program is run with the same [-r] and [-v] options. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-k Kill all process listed in the log file are their child. if there is no log file, then kill all amdump and amflush process and their child. -p Do the cleanup only if all process listed in the log file are already terminated. -r Remove bad file in holding disk. This options is passed to amcleanupdisk. -v Generate verbose output. This options is passed to amcleanupdisk. EXAMPLES
This example runs the Amanda cleanup process by hand after a failure. % amcleanup daily Putting the following line in a system boot script (e.g. /etc/rc.local) runs the Amanda cleanup process as part of the reboot, eliminating the need to run it by hand. /usr/local/sbin/amcleanup daily If nothing needs to be done, amcleanup exits normally with the message: amcleanup: no unprocessed logfile to clean up. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
James da Silva <jds@amanda.org> Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMCLEANUP(8)