Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Simulate a ATM (cash machine) on UNIX(Putty) using scritps Post 302461051 by vbe on Friday 8th of October 2010 10:19:35 AM
Old 10-08-2010
Then try in pseudocode to write an algorithm which
1) check if the user can withdraw the wanted amount (using balance...)
2) the proper algorithm of the money to give (highest note first etc...)
e.g no 50£ in the box -> give back in 20£ if not in 10£ etc.. you get the idea of the appointed task now

Good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How can i simulate network problems between unix machines ?

Hello all i need to simulate method invocations between 2 machine ( using corba ) now i like to test the method invoke timeout from machine1 to machine2 for that i need to simulate network being busy , can it be done some how ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie: Simulate unix on my pc

Hi, i am new with unix. Just came back from a course, unix basics for aix. So for me to practice, i want to install a simulation program for unix om my Windows Xp pc. Dual boot must it be. Does anybody have a suggestion for this dummy??? Thnx! Paul (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: welbp00
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing through shell scritps

Hi, Am new to scripting. :) Am trying to figure out whether can i use bash scripting to parse an xml file. Parsing is not just pulling out information according to the pattern but its more of a generic parsing. I should identify the xml hierarchy and pull out information accordingly. It's not a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikvela
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PUTTY via UNIX script

HELP!!!! I want to execute a PUTTY telnet connection via UNIX script??? Any help please?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tontal
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change the putty code to get machine and user name from a file

HI, I have parsed a file and stored all my machine name and user name in a list. Now I want to change in the putty code such that the machine name and user name can be passed through calling that one by one from tht list through an object. Then pass it to the place the putty takes user name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation)

I need to create a simple ATM (Cash machine simulation in unix) which shows a welcome screen, then a login screen to enter 3 users details. help please on the coding The users details need to be in a txt file: the details are: (PIN No, First name last name, Account number, Balance, Histrosy) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oobla01
1 Replies

7. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Login from putty in wndows7 to connect ubuntu machine

hi, i have ubuntu installed on windows 7. I am trying to connecting to ubuntu from windows 7 using putty but it is giving network problem. I am trying to connect with ip address Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use shell command on Perl scritps?

On our OS I don't have Perl df command. How can I use shell commands from Perl scripts? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
6 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)