Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX performance issue
Operating Systems AIX AIX performance issue Post 302461042 by ithinksgreen on Friday 8th of October 2010 02:43:04 PM
Old 10-08-2010
Hi zxmus,

I checked the queue depth which is 8 on the performance issue box when compared to 32 on production box.

---------- Post updated at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:53 AM ----------

the queue depth is 8 on vio and client server, what should be the correct queue depth?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

performance issue

We have a AIX v5.3 on a p5 system with a poor performing Ingres database. We added one CPU to the system to see if this would help. Now there are two CPU's. with sar and topas -P I see good results: CPU usage around 30% with topas I only see good results in the process output screen, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

performance issue

Hi, on a linux server I have the following : vmstat 2 10 procs memory swap io system cpu r b w swpd free buff cache si so bi bo in cs us sy id 0 4 0 675236 39836 206060 1617660 3 3 3 6 8 7 1 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

performance issue

I want to read a file. is it good to use File I/O or shell script?? which one is the best option? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwaraj
1 Replies

4. AIX

Performance issue in expect library on AIX 5.3

Hi All, I am getting a performance issue in expect5.43.0 library on IBM AIX 5.3. When I have used exp_fexpectv call for pattern matching with the expect string, the execution latency of the call is approximately 200 ms. In that way, I am able to complete only 4 or 5 transactions per... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra_maddal
2 Replies

5. AIX

Performance issue in AIX 5.3

Is there is any way to increase the CPU utilization of a Embedded SQL program in AIX 5.3 .. for performance purpose. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gyanendra Awast
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance issue!

In my C program i am using very large file(approx 400MB) to read parts of it frequently. But due to large file the performance of the program goes down very badly. It shows very high I/O usage and I/O wait time. My question is, What are the ways to optimize or tune I/O on linux or how i can get... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavens
10 Replies

7. AIX

performance issue in AIX

Gurus, i have process that runs 5 times a day. it runs normally (takes about 1 hour) to complete in 3 runs but it is takes about ( 3 hrs to complete) two times So i need to figure out why it takes significanlty high time during those 2 runs. The process is a shell script that connect to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance issue or something else?

Hi All, I have the following script which I use in Nagios to check the health of the applications, the problem with it is that the curl part ($TOTAL) does not return anything after running for 2-3 hrs, even though from command line the script runs fine but not from Nagios. There are 17... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacki
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance issue

hi I am having a performance issue with the following requirement i have to create a permutation and combination on a set of three files such that each record in each file is picked and the output is redirected in a specific format but it is taking around 70 odd hours to prepare a combination... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

10. AIX

Performance issue

Hi, We have 2 lpars on p6 blade. One of the lpar is having 3 core cpu with 5gb memory running sybase as database. An EOD process takes 25 min. to complete. Now we have an lpar on P7 server with entitled cpu capacity of 2 with 16 Gb memory and sybase as database. The EOD process which takes... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
17 Replies
X11PERFCOMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						    X11PERFCOMP(1)

NAME
x11perfcomp - X11 server performance comparison program SYNTAX
x11perfcomp [ -r | -ro ] [ -l label_file ] files DESCRIPTION
The x11perfcomp program merges the output of several x11perf(1) runs into a nice tabular format. It takes the results in each file, fills in any missing test results if necessary, and for each test shows the objects/second rate of each server. If invoked with the -r or -ro options, it shows the relative performance of each server to the first server. Normally, x11perfcomp uses the first file specified to determine which specific tests it should report on. Some (non-DEC :) servers may fail to perform all tests. In this case, x11perfcomp automatically substitutes in a rate of 0.0 objects/second. Since the first file determines which tests to report on, this file must contain a superset of the tests reported in the other files, else x11perfcomp will fail. You can provide an explicit list of tests to report on by using the -l switch to specify a file of labels. You can create a label file by using the -label option in x11perf. OPTIONS
x11perfcomp accepts the options listed below: -r Specifies that the output should also include relative server performance. -ro Specifies that the output should include only relative server performance. -l label_file Specifies a label file to use. X DEFAULTS
There are no X defaults used by this program. SEE ALSO
X(7x), x11perf(1) AUTHORS
Mark Moraes wrote the original scripts to compare servers. Joel McCormack just munged them together a bit. X Version 11 Release 6.6 X11PERFCOMP(1)