Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to parse filename and one level up directory name? Post 302460902 by Chubler_XL on Friday 8th of October 2010 01:00:27 AM
Old 10-08-2010
This should work for you then, path is in variable mypath (without trailing slash):

Code:
sed "s:^${mypath}/::" test.in |
sed 's:^\(...\).*/:\1,:' |
sed 's:\,\(...\)[^.]*:,\1*:' |
sed 's:^\([^,][^,][^,]\)[^,]*\.:,\1.:' | uniq

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude top level directory with find?

I'm using bash on cygwin/windows. I'm trying to use find and exclude the directory /cygdrive/c/System\ Volume\ Information. When I try to use the command below I get the error "rm: cannot remove `/cygdrive/c/System Volume Information': Is a directory. Can someone tell me what I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse and replace string in filename

Hi, I've a filename of this format: "XXX_XXX_TXT.TAR.AS". Need to change the name into this format: "XXX_XXX.TAR.AS". This file resides in a directory. I'm ok with using the find command to search and display it. Essentially I just need to replace the string "_TXT.TAR.AS" to ".TAR.AS". Is awk... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: chengwei
17 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to parse a directory name?

Hi, I have a directory file name: /auto/space/user/jen/CED/CED_01MZ/visit1/DCE_2eco/016/echo1 I would like to just get the following outputs into variables such that: variable1 = /auto/space/user/jen/CED/CED_01MZ/visit1/ and variable2 = DCE_2eco/016/echo1 I've tried it with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixjennings
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse files in directory and compare with another file

I have two files File 1 in reading directory is of following format Read 1 A T Read 3 T C Read 5 G T Read 7 A G Read 10 A G Read 12 C G File 2 in directory contains Read 5 A G Read 6 T C Read 7 G A Read 8 G A Read 20 A T File2 contains (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: empyrean
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get top level parent directory

Hi All, I have a directory like this: /u01/app/oracle/11gSE1/11gR203 How do i get the top level directory /u01 from this? Tried dirname and basename but dint help. I can this using echo $ORACLE_HOME | awk -F"/" '{print "/"$2}'. But I am trying to find out if there is a better way of doing it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilayasundar
4 Replies

7. Web Development

.htaccess allow at directory level

Hi Guys I have a web a site at the following directory /var/www/ the website is containing a lot of sub directories. /var/www/mywebsite/folder1 /var/www/mywebsite/folder2 /var/www/mywebsite/folder3 I would like to block all the website expect one user ex: user1 password1 who can see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molwiko
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move all files one directory level up

I want to move all the files in a given directory up one level. For example: Dir1 Subdir1 I want to move all the files in Subdir1 up to Dir1 (then I want to ultimately delete Subdir1) Thanks, Ted (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftrobaugh
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script - Remove the 3 top level of a full path filename

Hello. Source file are in : /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/some_file Destination is : /d/e where sub-directories "f" and "g" may missing or not. After copying I want /a/b/c/d/e/f/g/file1 in /d/e/f/g/file1 On source /a is top-level directory On destination /d is top-level directory I would like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Directory path - awk

Hi All, Need some help in parsing a directory listing .. output into 2 files Input file level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora001,10,IBB23 level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora001/blu1,,IBB23 level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora001/clu1,,IBB23 level1,/level2/level3/level4/ora002,,IBB24... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
10 Replies
CH_LAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 CH_LAB(1)

NAME
ch_lab -- change/copy label files SYNOPSIS
ch_lab [-S frame spacing] [-start time] [-end time] [-ext file extension] [-extract file] [-extend time] [-f sample frequency] [-lf sample frequency] [-itype file type] [-key key file] [-lablist list of labels] [-length time] [-map map file] [-name feature name] [-class class] [-o output file] [-otype file type] [-pad high | low] [-pos list of labels] [-q timestep] [-range range] [-sed sed file] [fl shift time delta] [-style output stype] [-vocab vocab file] [-verify] [-nopath] [-base] [-combine] [-divide] [-h] input files ... DESCRIPTION
ch_lab copies from one or more input label files to an output label file, optionally performing various operations along the way. The following option flags are recognized: -h Print a summary of usage to standard output. -S frame spacing frame spacing of output -start time start time, in seconds, for label extraction -end time end time, in seconds, for label extraction -ext file extension filename extension to use for multiple output files -extract file extract a single file from a list of files -extend time extend track file by time seconds beyond label file -f sample frequency sample frequency of label file -lf sample frequency sample frequency for labels -itype file type type of input label file: esps htk ogi -key key file key label file -lablist list list of labels to be considered as blank -length time length of track produced, in seconds -map map file label mapping file -name feature name eg. Fo Phoneme -class class name of class defined in op file -o output file output file name -otype file type output file type: xmg, ascii, esps, htk -pad high | low pad with high or low values -pos list list of labels to be regarded as 'pos' -q timestep quantize label timings to nearst value -range range difference between high and low values -sed sed file perform regex editing using sed file fl shift time delta shift the times of the labels -style output style output style e.g. track -vocab file file containing list of words in vocabulary -verify check that only labels in vocab file are in label file -nopath ignore pathnames when searching label lists -base use base filenames for lists of label files -combine -divide SEE ALSO
ch_wave(1) ch_track(1) Edinburgh Speech Tools April 5, 2001 Edinburgh Speech Tools