Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris About FTP Only User under Solaris 10 Post 302460881 by SnehalRBhatt on Thursday 7th of October 2010 10:32:48 PM
Old 10-07-2010
About FTP Only User under Solaris 10

Hi,
I am using Solaris 10. I am trying to create a restricted user:
1. which can ftp in to and ftp out from a Directory Tree
2. which can use only commands: prompt, get, mget, put, mput, delete, mdelete

First of all I would like to know, whether this is possible or not
If it is possible, How?

Hope that some one can help me.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP user

In my system , the user can use ftp to access the system , how to restrict the user can only access a specific path eg . user's home directory & /tmp ? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

2. AIX

FTP user

Hello When i connect with anonymous login to Aix server, I can not to put or get file with this login. How can I modify it to put file on the server ? I think that it is with genftp.allow but I'm not sure (there is not the anonymous login in the genftp.allow file). thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

3. Solaris

FTP user

Dear all, i need to create FTP user with limited permissions: this user is only allowed to ftp from a certain directory, and he cant view or list any other file or directory, i want the him to be denied even from cd / .. he cant list root or any other directory , only the directory he is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp user

How to create an FTP user with password???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tontal
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

FTP User

UNIX Xperts, Is there a way i can find out who is currently ftping into my server? The problem I am facing is that there is currently a ftp process running which is trying to login using the wrong password. And this is causing me to constantly have to reset the password /enable the account by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simshark
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Ftp user

Hello everybody, In Solaris 10, how I can create an user with only access ftp to directory specify ? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP User

Dear Unix geeks, I am shocked and upset that I couldn't solve the below issue. One ftpuser was using his account for years to get data from server but reported an error today. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.4) Name (10.130.9.71:root): rbiftp 331 Please specify the password. Password: 500 OOPS: cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to allow certain user to use FTP?

Hello AIXians, I created a user 'test' its home directory is: /home/ari/test I tried to login by ftp using this account, but it failed! The FTP service is enabled, and the user 'test' is not added to the /etc/ftpusers file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
3 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MGET(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MGET(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-mget - Download Multiple ECaccess Files at once SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-mget -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-mget [-debug] [-progress] [-force] [-bufsize length] source-ecaccess-file [...] target-local-directory DESCRIPTION
Allow downloading Multiple ECaccess Files at once in the specified target-local-directory. Each source-ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. Please note this command is not recursive and will only download the plain-files in the source-ecaccess-file directory (sub-directories are ignored). ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file [...] The name(s) of the source ECaccess File(s). target-local-directory The name of the target Local Directory. OPTIONS
-progress Provide a progress meter on the standard terminal, allowing to monitor the file transmission in real-time. The progress bar is removed from the terminal when the transmission is done. This option is not supported and ignored on Windows platforms. -force Overrides the interactive mode and download each file without prompting. -bufsize length Specify the length of the buffer (in bytes) which is used to download the files. The larger the buffer the smaller the number of http/s requests. By default a buffer of 1048576 bytes(1MB) is used. -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-mget 'home:/xyz/bin/*.bin' $HOME/bin Download the *.bin Files in the $HOME/bin directory of the user xyz. The Files are downloaded in the local $HOME/bin directory. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess- file-copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MGET(1p)