Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Need to identify the process/app which is triggering the error "vmunix: file: table is full" Post 302460718 by enchogas on Thursday 7th of October 2010 11:18:25 AM
Old 10-07-2010
Need to identify the process/app which is triggering the error "vmunix: file: table is full"

Hi,

I'm seeing the error vmunix: file: table is full in syslog.log.
Although changing the value of the kernel parameter nfile would make this error go away, how would I identify which process/application in the server is triggering this error? The server is a HP-UX B.11.11.
Thanks in advance!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Error:"File system full"

Hi, I'm getting an error with my filesystems. After /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7.......................100%............/export/home and #ls -l drwxr----.......................512......TT_DB drw..............................8192.....lost+found drw...............................512......oracle... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacanaks
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"relocation error" when installing app

I'm trying to install Urchin5 log analyzer and I get the following message: Sadly, I'm not all that good at lib tracing and troubleshooting, but I did attempt a few things. First, since this is a VPS, I can compare to the baseline fileset, and other servers on which this works. I used MD5 as a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with "multiplication table" in shell script

#!/bin/sh echo Enter the multiplication number required: read number for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 do echo "$number * $i = expr $number \* $i" done I am not getting the output for this multiplication table. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinodpaw
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify high values "˙" in a text file using Unix command

I have high values (such as ˙˙˙˙) in a text file contained in an Unix AIX server. I need to identify all the records which are having these high values and also get the position/column number in the record structure if possible. Is there any Unix command by which this can be done to : 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: devina
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify files with "Normal termination" and compress them into a .tar.gz file

Hi, I have hundreds of files "*.out" located in one folder, and I want to: 1. Identify the good files containing "Normal termination" (grep "Normal termination" *.out ) 2. Compress the good files into a tar.gz file (tar cvfz good.tar.gz *.goog.out ) Is there a way I can automate this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please identify "unexpected end of file" bug

This is a script I got off the web for transferring Safari's "reading list" to the Pocket app. I ran it in terminal with the command bash exportsafarireadinglist.sh and got syntax error: unexpected end of file. Thanks for any help! The code: #!/bin/bash # Script to export Safari's reading... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdog126
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
kvar(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   kvar(8)

Name
       kvar - modify RISC kernel variables in memory or on disk

Syntax
       /usr/etc/kvar -r(b|w|l) [options] vmunix
       /usr/etc/kvar -w(b|w|l) [options] vmunix

Description
       The  command  allows you to read or write RISC kernel variables, either in the on-disk image of or the active in-memory image.  The -r form
       of the command does variable reads; the -w form does variable writes.  The variable length qualifiers are:  b  (1  byte),  w  (word,  or  2
       bytes), and l (longword, or 4 bytes).

Variable contents are displayed in hexadecimal format.

Options
       -a address  Specifies  the  address  of	the  kernel  variable.	Either the -a or -s option must be specified.  The address is specified as
		   either a positive decimal or hexadecimal constant.

-k	   Instructs to use the in-memory image of The default is to use the on-disk copy.

-l	   Searches for a local symbol. The default is a global symbol search.

-o offset   Adds an offset to the address (or address of the symbol name).  The offset value is specified as either a positive  decimal	or
		   hexadecimal constant.

-s name	   Specifies the name of the kernel variable.

-v value    Specifies  the  new value to be assigned by the -w form of The -v option is ignored if the -r form of is being used.  The value
		   is specified as either a positive decimal or hexadecimal constant.

Restrictions
       You must have appropriate file access permissions for (and for with the -k option).

The command is available only on RISC systems.  For VAX systems, use to modify kernel variables.

Examples
       This example reads the variable `udpcksum' from the running kernel image:

% kvar -k -rl -s udpcksum /vmunix

This example sets the `xyz' variable to zero in the running kernel image:

% kvar -k -wl -s xyz -v 0 /vmunix

This example sets the variable `xyz' to -1 in the on-disk image of making this value persistent across reboots:

% kvar -wl -s xyz -v 0xffffffff /vmunix

This example sets to zero 1 byte at offset 2 from address 0x80161a98 in the running kernel image:

% kvar -k -wb -o 2 -a 0x80161a98 /vmunix

Files
See Also
       adb(1), dbx(1)

RISC								   kvar(8)