Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script processing data from 2 files Post 302460570 by Alice236 on Thursday 7th of October 2010 04:53:17 AM
Old 10-07-2010
2 is the time spent "out".
I know that looking the file it should be 3, but for the periods when the position is "out", I have to consider as length of the period the final_time-initial_time (for example, in case only 1 consecutive line with "out" appeared, then the length of interval would be 0 and I would not subtract any time)
Then, 910-908=2

That's because my records on "out" periods are only instantaneous.. sorry for not explaining that in a clearer way in the previous post. :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single output of awk script processing multiple files

Helllo UNIX Forum :) Since I am posting on this board, yes, I am new to UNIX! I read a copy of "UNIX made easy" from 1990, which felt like a making a "computer-science time jump" backwards ;) So, basically I have some sort of understanding what the basic concept is. Problem Description:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kasimir
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data processing, maybe awk

I have a file, first 5 columns are very normal, like "1107",106027,71400,"Y","BIOLOGY",, however, the 6th columns, the user can put comments, anything, just any characters, like new line, double quote, single quote, whatever from the keyboard, like"Please load my previous SOM597G course content in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freelong
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing files using awk

Hi I have files in our UNIX directory like the below -rw-r--r-- 1 devinfo devsupp 872 Sep 14 02:09 IMGBTREE27309_12272_11_1_0_FK.idx0 -rw-r--r-- 1 devinfo devsupp 872 Sep 14 02:09 IMGBTREE27309_12272_11_0_0_PK.idx0 -rw-r--r-- 1 devinfo devsupp 432 Sep 14... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbmuruga
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script required for processing the data

I have following result.log file (always has 2 lines) which I need to process, cat result.log name.cmd.method,"result","abc","xyz"; name="hello,mine.12345,"&"tree"&" xyz "&" tree "&" xyz", data="way,"&" 1"&"rate-me"&"1"&"rate-me",str="",ret=""; now I need to extract the strings/data as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlDiva
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data processing using awk

Hello, I have some bitrate data in a csv which is in an odd format and is difficult to process in Excel when I have thousands of rows. Therefore, I was thinking of doing this in bash and using awk as the primary application except that due to its complication, I'm a little stuck. ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: shadyuk
24 Replies

6. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk processing of variable number of fields data file

Hy! I need to post-process some data files which have variable (and periodic) number of fields. For example, I need to square (data -> data*data) the folowing data file: -5.34281E-28 -3.69822E-29 8.19128E-29 9.55444E-29 8.16494E-29 6.23125E-29 4.42106E-29 2.94592E-29 1.84841E-29 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radudownload
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting text files to xls through awk script for specific data format

Dear Friends, I am in urgent need for awk/sed/sh script for converting a specific data format (.txt) to .xls. The input is as follows: >gi|1234|ref| Query = 1 - 65, Target = 1677 - 1733 Score = 8.38, E = 0.6529, P = 0.0001513, GC = 46 fd sdfsdfsdfsdf fsdfdsfdfdfdfdfdf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple files to awk for processing in bash script

Hi, I'm using awk command in bash script. I'm able to pass multiple files to awk for processing.The code i can use is as below(sample code) #!/bin/bash awk -F "," 'BEGIN { ... ... ... }' file1 file2 file3 In the above code i'm passing the file names manually and it is fine till my... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Processing files one by one using data from pipe

Hi guys, I receive a list from pipe (with fixed number of lines) like this: name1 name2 name3 And in my ./ folder I have three files: 01-oldname.test 02-someoldname.test 03-evenoldername.test How to rename files one by one using while read? Desired result: 01-name1.test 02-name2.test... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
3 Replies
TORRUS_SCHEDULERINFO(8) 					      torrus						   TORRUS_SCHEDULERINFO(8)

NAME
schedulerinfo - Displays extended scheduler tasks information. SYNOPSIS
torrus schedulerinfo --tree=TREENAME [options...] DESCRIPTION
This utility displays the extended scheduler tasks information for tree TREENAME on standard output. This might be useful for scheduler planning and analysis. OPTIONS
--config Reports scheduler's configuration. The values are explained below. Total collector/monitor leaves: N Total number of datasources being processed by collector or monitor daemon. Scheduled leaves by type Torrus supports arbitrary number of collector types, and this report shows how many datasources belong to every type. Currently the monitor leaves are not divided into types. Least common period: N seconds The report below shows how the tasks are distributed across the time line, and the least common period shows the period of this time line. Tasks execution timeline This report tells which task and how many datasources are involved in each task startup event, and how these events are dispersed across the time. The column Interval shows the time interval from each task execution event to the next event on the timeline. --runtime Reports scheduler's runtime statistics, such as running cycle times, late starts etc. The meaning of the output values is as follows. Values that have zero values are usually not printed. Task: Name, Period: N seconds, Offset: M seconds Each scheduler task is characterized by its name (usually Collector or Monitor), period, and timeoffset. Fore example, if period is set to 300 seconds, and offset is 14 seconds, then the task would be executed at 00:00:14, 00:05:14, 00:10:14, and so on for every hour in a day. N running cycles passed How many times the task was executed since last reset. The counter is normally reset after torrus_compilexml(8) successfully compiles the configuration. N late starts How many times the task has started with a delay from its normal schedule. N too long runs How many times the task execution time was longer than its period. N overrun periods How many periods have been missed because of too long executions. N missed periods How many periods were missed because of any reason (such as other tasks delaying). Min, Max, Average, Exp Average The time values are displayed in four columns: Mimimum, Maximum and Average values since last reset, and Exponential decay value, which may be interpreted as the average for last several values. With defaults defined in torrus-config.pl, 95% of the average is calculated from last 3 values. Running Time How long the task executes each period. Late Start How long the task start was delayed. Too Long How much time the too long run took. RRD Queue In a multithreaded environment, the RRD files are writen in a background thread. This value shows the length of the RRD update queue at the beginning of each update cycle. --help Displays a help message. SEE ALSO
torrus(8), torrus_compilexml(8) NOTES
See more documentation at Torrus home page: http://torrus.org AUTHOR
Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin@yahoo.com> torrus 2.03 2013-07-26 TORRUS_SCHEDULERINFO(8)