Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Customization within UNIX/AIX Post 302460384 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 04:22:18 PM
Old 10-06-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa_Troopa
Hey guys I am sorry if this has been posted before but I have not been able to locate.

How can I set up after I cd to a directory it displays above my command line after I enter into it?
Depends on your shell. You might try
Code:
function ccd
{
        ls "$1" && cd "$1"
}

alias cd=ccd

Type it into your terminal and see if it works. Enter it in your .profile to make it do that on login.
Quote:
Also to get to the previous command I cannot press up on my keyboard it just moves up. How can I change this so I can just press up and goto the previous command?
Again, depends on your shell.

Last edited by Corona688; 10-06-2010 at 05:28 PM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kickstart centOS 5.1 ---customization question

I am doing a centos 5.1 kickstart install for a school project and was wondering if there is a way to install a custom desktop background image.(upon 1st time logging into system) (instead of showing the default centos desktop background, it would show a custom image) Would i have to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nuGz
1 Replies

2. Programming

Java File Chooser customization

I am trying to add some other things onto the standard file chooser. I would like to have something like this at the bottom of the file chooser (underneath the Select and Cancel buttons). I will try to make this as legible as possible: File Name: File Type: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajgwin
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Grub customization

I installed 9.10 this weekend. It's a fresh install. It installed GRUB, which works great, but with the 9.04 install I could customize the Grub menu (color, default OS and timeout) by editing /boot/grub/menu.lst. That file is no where to be found on this install. I've searched and all I find is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dday
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installing cairo-dock or any other desktop customization software

Dear all, I want to install cairo-dock or any other substitute desktop customization software in my RedHat Linux 5.3 machine. I think cairo-dock is for fedora linux,i need RedHat compatible. Can any one provide me with the appropriate link and installation steps for the same. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monojcool
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Issue launching Websphere Customization ToolBox

I'm trying to configure IBM customization Tool Box but i'm facing the following issue don't know where i'm going wrong. CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core) 3.10.0-327.18.2.el7.x86_64 run-level 3 xming is working Unhandled exception Type=Segmentation error vmState=0xd4c6046e... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: James0806
0 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::UNIX - Net::Server UNIX protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the UNIX SOCK_STREAM socket type. See Net::Server::Proto. Any sockets created during startup will be chown'ed to the user and group specified in the starup arguments. PARAMETERS
The following paramaters may be specified in addition to normal command line parameters for a Net::Server. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. unix_type Can be either SOCK_STREAM or SOCK_DGRAM (default is SOCK_STREAM). This can also be passed on the port line (see Net::Server::Proto). However, this method is deprecated. If you want SOCK_STREAM - just use proto UNIX without any other arguments. If you'd like SOCK_DGRAM, use the new proto UNIXDGRAM. METHODS
NS_unix_path/NS_unix_type In addition to the standard NS_ methods of Net::Server::Proto classes, the UNIX types also have legacy calls to NS_unix_path and NS_unix_type. Since version 2.000, NS_unix_path is simply an alias to NS_port. NS_unix_type is now redundant with NS_proto. These methods were missing between version 2.000 and 2.003 but have been returned as legacy bridges. QUICK PARAMETER LIST
Key Value Default # deprecated UNIX socket parameters unix_type (SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_DGRAM) SOCK_STREAM port "filename" undef # more recent usage port "filename / UNIX" port "filename / UNIXDGRAM" LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2012-06-06 Net::Server::Proto::UNIX(3)