Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Customization within UNIX/AIX Post 302460382 by Koopa_Troopa on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 04:13:47 PM
Old 10-06-2010
Customization within UNIX/AIX

Hey guys I am sorry if this has been posted before but I have not been able to locate.

How can I set up after I cd to a directory it displays above my command line after I enter into it?

Also to get to the previous command I cannot press up on my keyboard it just moves up. How can I change this so I can just press up and goto the previous command?

Thanks in advance.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kickstart centOS 5.1 ---customization question

I am doing a centos 5.1 kickstart install for a school project and was wondering if there is a way to install a custom desktop background image.(upon 1st time logging into system) (instead of showing the default centos desktop background, it would show a custom image) Would i have to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nuGz
1 Replies

2. Programming

Java File Chooser customization

I am trying to add some other things onto the standard file chooser. I would like to have something like this at the bottom of the file chooser (underneath the Select and Cancel buttons). I will try to make this as legible as possible: File Name: File Type: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajgwin
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Grub customization

I installed 9.10 this weekend. It's a fresh install. It installed GRUB, which works great, but with the 9.04 install I could customize the Grub menu (color, default OS and timeout) by editing /boot/grub/menu.lst. That file is no where to be found on this install. I've searched and all I find is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dday
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installing cairo-dock or any other desktop customization software

Dear all, I want to install cairo-dock or any other substitute desktop customization software in my RedHat Linux 5.3 machine. I think cairo-dock is for fedora linux,i need RedHat compatible. Can any one provide me with the appropriate link and installation steps for the same. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monojcool
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Issue launching Websphere Customization ToolBox

I'm trying to configure IBM customization Tool Box but i'm facing the following issue don't know where i'm going wrong. CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core) 3.10.0-327.18.2.el7.x86_64 run-level 3 xming is working Unhandled exception Type=Segmentation error vmState=0xd4c6046e... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: James0806
0 Replies
trans(1)						      General Commands Manual							  trans(1)

NAME
trans - translation tool for use with source message catalogs SYNOPSIS
trans [-c] [-o name] file.msg OPTIONS
Display comment lines beginning with a dollar sign ($) for translation, in addition to messages. Call the output file name. The default is output file name is trans.msg. DESCRIPTION
The trans command assists in the translation of source message catalogs. The command reads input from file.msg and writes its output to either a file named trans.msg or a file you name on the command line. The command displays file.msg in a multiple window screen that lets you simultaneously see the original message, the translated text you enter, and any messages from the trans command. This multiple window screen is easier to use for translating messages than a single window screen. The top window in the multiple window screen displays the text in the message source file file.msg. The editor displays the current message in reverse video. In the center window, trans displays a prompt that asks you to enter a translated message. You use a control key editor to move the cursor and delete text in the center window. The control key sequences are defined as follows: ------------------------------------------ Key Sequence Meaning ------------------------------------------ CTRL/k Display control key help CTRL/h Back space CTRL/l Forward space CTRL/w Back word CTRL/f Forward word CTRL/e Move to end of input CTRL/b Move to beginning of input CTRL/n Next line CTRL/p Previous line CTRL/u Delete input CTRL/i Insert mode (default) CTRL/r Replace mode DEL Delete previous character ------------------------------------------ If you need to span more than one line with the translated text, type a backslash () and press the RETURN key to enable line continuation. After you finish entering the translated text, press the RETURN key to signal that you have finished translating that message. The bottom window displays any messages generated by trans. If an error occurs, trans prompts you to re-enter the entire line, including the message label or number. RESTRICTIONS
Your terminal must be 80 columns by 24 lines for trans to display its three-window screen. You cannot interrupt a trans session and restart it at the point you stopped. You must complete the all the changes to a file before exit- ing a file. SEE ALSO
extract(1), gencat(1), strextract(1), strmerge(1) Writing Software for the International Market trans(1)