Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris - cediag replacement of DIMMS Post 302460376 by amp4cats on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 03:39:47 PM
Old 10-06-2010
Solaris - cediag replacement of DIMMS

When cediag was performed the var/adm messages indicated that I the DIMMS should be replaced. DIMMS failed rule#4. Anyone know what rule#4 is?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

global replacement

hello, I have a problem in replacing a value with another one in a file,the actual situation is i am writing an shell script,in that i want to cat a file and that replace the values in the file with a calculated values,which is in a variable... regards babu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Babu
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu replacement. help

very important. can someone tell me the best command to issue on a sun box to bring the system down for a cpu replacement. i dont know if single user mode is right or completely shuttign down the box as in init 0 or something like that. and bringing the box back up would involved physically... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPTRUE
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of Delimiter

Dear all, i have a proble. in my input file i have records with delimiter like aa-------bb------cc--vghjav---ef----kjd dj--------ih------yy--ujdjkkl---dd----jid now i want to replace the delimiter "-" with "~" i have used a command i.e cat FILENAME | tr "-" "~" >> Newfile this command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding Replacement

I have two files: file1: somedata <html> <head> This is sample statement ...... ...... </head> </html> somedata file2: olga 81 91 B A rene 82 92 B A zack 83 93 Expextd Result: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajx
2 Replies

5. Solaris

LTO replacement

Hi guys, I've changed the LTO3 device, but the OS (Solaris10) doesn't feel it. From the ok> prompt i've launched the probe-scsi-all command and it worked fine because i could see the new device; the from the ok> i booted the system (normal boot, probably a boot -r could be better..) and from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me :replacement

Hi pls help me for below; i have a file .content is : =================== uid,pcsPricingPlan,refPcsQosProfName 821910002022,smartlimit,SGSNQOS1 i have to replace the value of uid and pricingplan by a unix script. may be the value would be next line or any where in the file. pls... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacement

my filename.txt looks like this: 2079951061790 SCK0000891539000000000000021600R 2079951061790 SCK0000901487000000000000028900R 2079951061790 SCK0000903092000000000000021300R 2079951074758 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

While do statement with replacement

Hi Folks - I have a process where I need to check if cold2 from my while do command contains either a / or ". If / is found, replace with // If " is found, replace with "" I have this so far and I've been unable to get sed to work: while IFS=, read col1 col2 do if then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Is this MB, which needs replacement ?

Hello, I am getting below error in fmadm output. This server is not in support, so can't reach them. Is it showing that motherboard is faulty and should be replaced ? It was rebooted a week back and then, there were no errors # fmadm faulty --------------- ------------------------------------ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies
AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)						  Linux Audit API					    AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)

NAME
audit_add_rule_data - Add new audit rule SYNOPSIS
#include <libaudit.h> int audit_add_rule_data (int fd, struct audit_rule_data *rule, int flags, int action); DESCRIPTION
audit_add_rule adds an audit rule previously constructed with audit_rule_fieldpair_data(3) to one of several kernel event filters. The fil- ter is specified by the flags argument. Possible values for flags are: o AUDIT_FILTER_USER - Apply rule to userspace generated messages. o AUDIT_FILTER_TASK - Apply rule at task creation (not syscall). o AUDIT_FILTER_EXIT - Apply rule at syscall exit. o AUDIT_FILTER_TYPE - Apply rule at audit_log_start. The rule's action has two possible values: o AUDIT_NEVER - Do not build context if rule matches. o AUDIT_ALWAYS - Generate audit record if rule matches. RETURN VALUE
The return value is <= 0 on error, otherwise it is the netlink sequence id number. This function can have any error that sendto would encounter. SEE ALSO
audit_rule_fieldpair_data(3), audit_delete_rule_data(3), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb. Red Hat Aug 2009 AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)