Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get last lines of file after last line with word TEST Post 302460136 by panyam on Wednesday 6th of October 2010 06:34:07 AM
Old 10-06-2010
save the output into a temp file.

man "mail" give you more information on how to send a mail.

remove the temp file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a shell script pull the first word (or nth word) off each line of a text file?

Greetings. I am struggling with a shell script to make my life simpler, with a number of practical ways in which it could be used. I want to take a standard text file, and pull the 'n'th word from each line such as the first word from a text file. I'm struggling to see how each line can be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricky
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace only 1st word of a line if it comes in the subsequent lines at same postion.

I have a file like this.. Maharastra Mumbai worli Maharastra Mumbai navy maharatra Pune Maharastra Nagpur Karnataka Bangalore Karnataka Mysore Karnataka Mangalore Punjab Amritsar punjab Jalandar my expected outcome should be like this Maharastra Mumbai worli ---------- ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: geeko
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the fifth line of a text file into a shell script and trim the line to extract a WORD

FOLKS , i have a text file that is generated automatically of an another korn shell script, i want to bring in the fifth line of the text file in to my korn shell script and look for a particular word in the line . Can you all share some thoughts on this one. thanks... Venu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to test each line in a file

Hi guys, I have a file which contains like this: Command was launched from partition 0. ------------------------------------------------ Executing command in server server6 Event Text Mib Trap Status ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a File line by line and split into array word by word

Hi All, Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend I have a scenario where in which I have to read a file line by line and check for few words before redirecting to a file I have searched the forum but,either those answers dint work (perhaps because of my wrong under standing of how IFS... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find word in a line and output in which line the word occurs / no. of times it occurred

I have a file: file.txt, which contains the following data in it. This is a file, my name is Karl, what is this process, karl is karl junior, file is a test file, file's name is file.txt My name is not Karl, my name is Karl Joey What is your name? Do you know your name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all lines in file such that each word on that line appears in at least n lines of the file

I have a file where every line includes four expressions with a caret in the middle (plus some other "words" or fields, always separated by spaces). I would like to extract from this file, all those lines such that each of the four expressions containing a caret appears in at least four different... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: uncleMonty
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search for word in huge logfile and need to continue to print few lines from that line til find date

Guys i need an idea for one logic..in shell scripting am struggling with a logic...So the thing is... i need to search for a word in a huge log file and i need to continue to print few more lines from that line and the consecutive line has to end when it finds the line with date..because i know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prathi
1 Replies
SDL_PixelFormat(3)						 SDL API Reference						SDL_PixelFormat(3)

NAME
SDL_PixelFormat- Stores surface format information STRUCTURE DEFINITION
typedef struct{ SDL_Palette *palette; Uint8 BitsPerPixel; Uint8 BytesPerPixel; Uint32 Rmask, Gmask, Bmask, Amask; Uint8 Rshift, Gshift, Bshift, Ashift; Uint8 Rloss, Gloss, Bloss, Aloss; Uint32 colorkey; Uint8 alpha; } SDL_PixelFormat; STRUCTURE DATA
palette Pointer to the palette, or NULL if the BitsPerPixel>8 BitsPerPixel The number of bits used to represent each pixel in a surface. Usually 8, 16, 24 or 32. BytesPerPixel The number of bytes used to represent each pixel in a surface. Usually one to four. [RGBA]mask Binary mask used to retrieve individual color values [RGBA]loss Precision loss of each color component (2^[RGBA]loss) [RGBA]shift Binary left shift of each color component in the pixel value colorkey Pixel value of transparent pixels alpha Overall surface alpha value DESCRIPTION
A SDL_PixelFormat describes the format of the pixel data stored at the pixels field of a SDL_Surface. Every surface stores a SDL_PixelFor- mat in the format field. If you wish to do pixel level modifications on a surface, then understanding how SDL stores its color information is essential. 8-bit pixel formats are the easiest to understand. Since its an 8-bit format, we have 8 BitsPerPixel and 1 BytesPerPixel. Since BytesPer- Pixel is 1, all pixels are represented by a Uint8 which contains an index into palette->colors. So, to determine the color of a pixel in a 8-bit surface: we read the color index from surface->pixels and we use that index to read the SDL_Color structure from surface->for- mat->palette->colors. Like so: SDL_Surface *surface; SDL_PixelFormat *fmt; SDL_Color *color; Uint8 index; . . /* Create surface */ . . fmt=surface->format; /* Check the bitdepth of the surface */ if(fmt->BitsPerPixel!=8){ fprintf(stderr, "Not an 8-bit surface. "); return(-1); } /* Lock the surface */ SDL_LockSurface(surface); /* Get the topleft pixel */ index=*(Uint8 *)surface->pixels; color=fmt->palette->colors[index]; /* Unlock the surface */ SDL_UnlockSurface(surface); printf("Pixel Color-> Red: %d, Green: %d, Blue: %d. Index: %d ", color->r, color->g, color->b, index); . . Pixel formats above 8-bit are an entirely different experience. They are considered to be "TrueColor" formats and the color information is stored in the pixels themselves, not in a palette. The mask, shift and loss fields tell us how the color information is encoded. The mask fields allow us to isolate each color component, the shift fields tell us the number of bits to the right of each component in the pixel value and the loss fields tell us the number of bits lost from each component when packing 8-bit color component in a pixel. /* Extracting color components from a 32-bit color value */ SDL_PixelFormat *fmt; SDL_Surface *surface; Uint32 temp, pixel; Uint8 red, green, blue, alpha; . . . fmt=surface->format; SDL_LockSurface(surface); pixel=*((Uint32*)surface->pixels); SDL_UnlockSurface(surface); /* Get Red component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Rmask; /* Isolate red component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Rshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Rloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ red=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Green component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Gmask; /* Isolate green component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Gshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Gloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ green=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Blue component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Bmask; /* Isolate blue component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Bshift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Bloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ blue=(Uint8)temp; /* Get Alpha component */ temp=pixel&fmt->Amask; /* Isolate alpha component */ temp=temp>>fmt->Ashift;/* Shift it down to 8-bit */ temp=temp<<fmt->Aloss; /* Expand to a full 8-bit number */ alpha=(Uint8)temp; printf("Pixel Color -> R: %d, G: %d, B: %d, A: %d ", red, green, blue, alpha); . . . SEE ALSO
SDL_Surface, SDL_MapRGB SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:01 SDL_PixelFormat(3)