Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Windows mass copy files with same name in differnt folders Post 302459986 by kurumi on Tuesday 5th of October 2010 09:13:25 PM
Old 10-05-2010
http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.ph...1.9.1-p430.exe
Code:
c=1
Dir["2010-*"].sort.each do |x|
  Dir["#{x}/*.jpg"].each do |w|
    pa,f=File.split(w)
    newname=File.join(pa,"#{pa}_#{c}.jpg")
    File.rename(w, newname)
    c+=1
  end
end

Code:
C:\path> ruby myscript.rb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Copy Folders from Sun Solaris to Windows server.

Hi, I have a folder with diff subfolders in my Unix box and now I want to ftp all the floders into my Windows machine. Is there any easy way to do that. When I use the "mget " cmd and try to FTP the files, it throws an error that the sub folder name does not exist. Can you someone help in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu_kalari
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy all files and folders and cjange or remove ownership

So tried: cp -r -p test1/ user@machine:///srv/www/vhosts/domain.co.uk/httpdocs/backup/ but this didn't work either :( Anyone able to help with this? Many thanks Mr M (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterm
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Copy folders and subfolders from unix to windows

Sir From a unix machine some folders and their folders have to be copied to windows XP PC. Please help me with a batch file or a shell script. I am new to the the shell and batch files. Thanks in anticipation. sastry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy some files from users home folders to my folder

i have users home directories in /home all the users have some files starting with character e and i want to copy all these files in a folder in my (root) home using a script i tried the script for i in m5 do cd m5 cp e1* /home/pc/exam cd .. done but get these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcrana
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need script Copy permissions of files and folders from one server to another

Hi.. I have 2 servers with linux suse10. I made a mistake and on one of the servers changed with chmod the permission of root in directory /. In the other servers the permissions are correct Please i need a script, to change the permissions of one server 1, using the same permission of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ave-phoenix
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy mutilple files to mutiple folders

Hi, I just started to learn shell progamming and just can't get my head around the following problem. I need to do the following: I have a folder which contains 100+ subfolders. Inside these subfolders there is one folder named 'Morph' and several jpg's. I need to copy all the files into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M474746
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop folders, delete files, copy new ones

Folks, I am hopeful that you may be able to help me out with writing a script that can be run nightly (as cron?) to loop through all subfolders within the "/media" directory, delete all of the files in each of them, and then copy in all of the files from the "/home//sansa" directory to each of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acraig
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to copy User home folders to mounted windows share

First of all, let me state that I am a windows admin. I have a windows share mounted to /mnt/server I need a script that will either login as sudo or perform commands with sudo rights. I need the script to copy all of the users /home folders to the mounted windows share. Now If I can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricM
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Recursive copy of Folders with files

Dear All, I will appreciate any help received. Our system is running on hpux v1 My problem is as follows: We have many customer folders with name fd000100, fd000101 and so on e.g. (Testrun)(testsqa):/>ll /TESTrun/fd000100 total 48 drwxrwx--- 2 fq000100 test 96 Jun 27 2004... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhbd
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies
IO::Dir(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      IO::Dir(3pm)

NAME
IO::Dir - supply object methods for directory handles SYNOPSIS
use IO::Dir; $d = IO::Dir->new("."); if (defined $d) { while (defined($_ = $d->read)) { something($_); } $d->rewind; while (defined($_ = $d->read)) { something_else($_); } undef $d; } tie %dir, 'IO::Dir', "."; foreach (keys %dir) { print $_, " " , $dir{$_}->size," "; } DESCRIPTION
The "IO::Dir" package provides two interfaces to perl's directory reading routines. The first interface is an object approach. "IO::Dir" provides an object constructor and methods, which are just wrappers around perl's built in directory reading routines. new ( [ DIRNAME ] ) "new" is the constructor for "IO::Dir" objects. It accepts one optional argument which, if given, "new" will pass to "open" The following methods are wrappers for the directory related functions built into perl (the trailing 'dir' has been removed from the names). See perlfunc for details of these functions. open ( DIRNAME ) read () seek ( POS ) tell () rewind () close () "IO::Dir" also provides an interface to reading directories via a tied hash. The tied hash extends the interface beyond just the directory reading routines by the use of "lstat", from the "File::stat" package, "unlink", "rmdir" and "utime". tie %hash, 'IO::Dir', DIRNAME [, OPTIONS ] The keys of the hash will be the names of the entries in the directory. Reading a value from the hash will be the result of calling "File::stat::lstat". Deleting an element from the hash will delete the corresponding file or subdirectory, provided that "DIR_UNLINK" is included in the "OPTIONS". Assigning to an entry in the hash will cause the time stamps of the file to be modified. If the file does not exist then it will be created. Assigning a single integer to a hash element will cause both the access and modification times to be changed to that value. Alternatively a reference to an array of two values can be passed. The first array element will be used to set the access time and the second element will be used to set the modification time. SEE ALSO
File::stat AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perlbug@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2003 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 IO::Dir(3pm)