Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch file for sftp commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch file for sftp commands Post 302459918 by Shrabanti on Tuesday 5th of October 2010 03:28:09 PM
Old 10-05-2010
Batch file for sftp commands

I am trying to automate an sftp command so that it does not stop and ask for the password each time

the calling shell script
Code:
#!/bin/ksh 
sftp -b tst_1_batchfile.txt GLAXGBUPMPSOUT@204.90.134.116

the batchfile contents :
Code:
password XXXXXX
cd /GLAXGBUPMPSOUT/GSKENT/GLAXGF2FOPFF 
put Intgrchn_844.txt.gz.enc 
quit

, but I keep getting this error :
Code:
Please login with user ID and password. 
Permission denied (publickey,password). 
Connection closed

thanks
SB

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-06-2010 at 03:32 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP batch script

Hi, I am running an sftp batch script. sftp -b user@host <<EOF >> /tmp/file.out binary put file.txt bye EOF However, I am getting errors. No such file or directory (user@host). I checked the forums which says I need to access the current process eg for linux I would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp in Batch Mode

Hi, I am trying to do sftp a file from one server to another solaris server. Both are sftp enabled. I have generated the rsa key in local server and did a ftped the public key to the remote server and added that in the authorization keys file. Then i try to run the below command using a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaemn
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

batch file--bunch of commands

I have a batch file that takes 2 parameters--source file location and target file location. I want to create another batch file that contains all the commands with the file locations so that I dont have to enter the ifnromation every time individually. For eg: to execute command com1.bat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp batch script with password

I am working on a sftp batch script on a Solaris machine and I need to connect using password. This is not an issue when i do it manually but when I want to make this into a script, i find there are no options for password. Can anyone suggest how I can do it with password? I know using keys is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
3 Replies

5. Programming

sftp batch programming

done for this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leganti
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands??

hi, is there a way i can execute a batch file containing ftp commands like we execute sftp batch file. sftp -b batchfile user@server > output how to create a batch file for ftp executing command and how to run the batch file from a shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp batch processing commands

Hello, I have a UNIX script to sftp batch processing. Here is my sftp command. ftp -b toopc userid@sftp.hostname.com In the file toopc I have the following commands: mget *.csv bye This brings in all files with an extension of .csv However, I need to only bring in files that ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: schlinzj
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch SFTP command Help

I need to run a test SFTP command in a batch mode and what I need to prompt my password after the sftp userid@hostname. I do not have have an ssh key exchanged between my server and the external server. I only have access to it as an sftp server. I must enter my password in my script. How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP batch not renaming file with "put"

I have a .ksh script that creates an sftp batch file and runs it through sftp. It works except for one thing. If I try to "put" to a different name, it doesn't use the specified remote name...it still "puts" the original local name. I've tried both of these, and neither work...it will always... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbiggied
4 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Sftp batch file not able to execute

I have a windows batch file to connect from Server A (Windows) to Server B (UNIX) via sftp to get a file. The script is as below: sftpg3 -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no -oIdentityFile=EAPIINSTADM_hostnameA ftpeapsg@hostnameB lcd D:\APPBASE\EAPSG\GEMSSG get GENUOBGW1 /sftp/ftphrssg/HRSSG/EAPSG exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: userguy
5 Replies
SSH2_SFTP_LSTAT(3)							 1							SSH2_SFTP_LSTAT(3)

ssh2_sftp_lstat - Stat a symbolic link

SYNOPSIS
array ssh2_sftp_lstat (resource $sftp, string $path) DESCRIPTION
Stats a symbolic link on the remote filesystem without following the link. This function is similar to using the lstat(3) function with the ssh2.sftp:// wrapper in PHP 5 and returns the same values. PARAMETERS
o $sftp - o $path - Path to the remote symbolic link. RETURN VALUES
See the documentation for stat(3) for details on the values which may be returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Stating a symbolic link via SFTP <?php $connection = ssh2_connect('shell.example.com', 22); ssh2_auth_password($connection, 'username', 'password'); $sftp = ssh2_sftp($connection); $statinfo = ssh2_sftp_lstat($sftp, '/path/to/symlink'); $filesize = $statinfo['size']; $group = $statinfo['gid']; $owner = $statinfo['uid']; $atime = $statinfo['atime']; $mtime = $statinfo['mtime']; $mode = $statinfo['mode']; ?> SEE ALSO
ssh2_sftp_stat(3), lstat(3), stat(3). PHP Documentation Group SSH2_SFTP_LSTAT(3)