Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory leaks on compilations
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Memory leaks on compilations Post 302459804 by remi75 on Tuesday 5th of October 2010 11:45:37 AM
Old 10-05-2010
Smilie a very busy server , nice Smilie (adsl/atm , firewall ...wireless... Smilie )
anyway, i love challeges, if you have enought patience we could try another thing :
compile under root please .
before lunching the compilation, can you throw in a loop in another shell / terminal that dumps a ps -edf or ps aux to a file , and at the end of the script (the loop) do a sync , etc ...

while true
do
ps -edf > /tmp/mylog.txt
sync
sleep 1
done

there is another like sleep command that takes shorter delays than a second, if u can find it , a half second would be even better Smilie
so when the server crashes, the file should be on disk,
I know this is hardcore but hell , that's how we discover things, and as you said you might reinstall it anyway .
after the crash (sorry !!! ) that file will contain the answer Smilie
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to remi75 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memory leaks

Hi!! Experts, Any ideas how to check for the memory leaks in a process during performance testing?? I dont use purify.. Any way of finding it out using default S/W in HP UX-11 Can U gimme pointers to site having good scripts/tutorials on performance testing?? Thanx in Advance.. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Memory leaks on HP-UX 11i

Hi folks, We are using following listed configurations for a particular application. HP-UX 11i Sun Java 2 SDK Standard Edition 1.4.1 (version shipped with WebLogic 8) Oracle 9i Release 2 (Oracle 9.2.0) BEA WebLogic Server 8.1 SP3 It seems a memory leak when we use above configurations.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gimhan90
1 Replies

3. Programming

Tool for finding memory leaks

hi, i am a c++ programmer working on linux(redhat linux8.0) environment, i need to find out the memory leaks, so far i didn't used any tools, so what are the tools are available, and whic one is good to use. plz provide with a small example. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange problem with memory leaks

Hi Unix lovers, I am facing a strange problem about memory leak. One component of our product show memory leak at customer's end but not in development environment. The memory used by the exe goes on increasing at customer end but not in dev. customer has same m/c(HP unix 11i) , the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find memory leaks shell script ???

Hi all, Has anyone out there a shell script to detect memory leaks on unix machines? And if so what way did they go about it .? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Looking for memory leaks freeware tools

Hello all Is there good free ware tools to check software memory leaks ? Some thing like purify on unix platforms sun/hp/linux Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

8. AIX

valgrind - pthread memory leaks on AIX

Hi all, I have written a small code just to invoke main and return immediately. When built with libpthread on AIX box, valgrind throws lots of memory leak errors. But when built without libpthread, no issues at all. Here is the sample run for your look. Any idea where I might be going wrong?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visionofarun
3 Replies

9. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Programming

Memory Leaks

Suppose I have a main() function with only one malloc statement allocating say some 1 gb memory. Also say my system has 1 gb of ram. main() { malloc(1gb) return(0) } The program above exits without freeing the memory. In this case will the 1 gb of heap memory be returned... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
9 Replies
TAU2VTF(1)							       Tools								TAU2VTF(1)

NAME
tau2vtf - convert TAU tracefiles to vampir tracefiles SYNOPSIS
tau2vtf [-nomessage] [-v] [[-a] [-fa]] {tau_tracefile} {tau_eventfile} {vtf_tracefile} DESCRIPTION
This program is generated when TAU is configured with the -vtf=<vtf_dir> option. The tau2vtf trace converter takes a single tau_tracefile (*.trc) and tau_eventfile (*.edf) and produces a corresponding vtf_tracefile (*.vtf). The input files and output file must be specified in that order. Multi-file TAU traces must be merged before conversion. The default output file format is VTF3 binary. If the output filename is given as the .vpt.gz type, rather than .vpt, the output file will be gzipped. There are two additional output format options. The command line argument '-a' produces the vtf file output in ASCII VTF3 format. The command line argument '-fa' produces the vtf file output in the FAST ASCII VTF3 format. Note that these arguments are mutually exclusive. OPTIONS
-nomessage Suppresses printing of message information in the trace. -v Verbose mode sends trace event descriptions to the standard output as they are converted. -a Print the vtf file output in the human-readable VTF3 ASCII format -fa Print the vtf file in the simplified human-readable FAST ASCII VTF3 format EXAMPLES
The program must be run with the tau trace, tau event and vtf output files specified in the command line in that order. Any additional arguments follow. The following will produce a VTF, app.vpt, from the TAU trace and event files merged.trc and tau.edf trace file: tau2vtf merged.trc tau.edf app.vpt The following will convert merged.trc and tau.edf to a gzipped FAST ASCII vampir tracefile app.vpt.gz, with message events omitted: tau2vtf merged.trc tau.edf app.vpt.gz -nomessage -fa SEE ALSO
vtf2profile(1), tau2profile(1), tau_merge(1), tau_convert(1) 12/22/2005 TAU2VTF(1)