Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory leaks on compilations
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Memory leaks on compilations Post 302459702 by remi75 on Tuesday 5th of October 2010 08:20:03 AM
Old 10-05-2010
ok, the 4.4.5 version of GCC must be buggy because on gnu.org its not even listed as a release .

can you please do an apt-cache search "^gcc*" or something, just to list available gcc versions that you can put on your machine .

not to get too personal Smilie what CPU do you have ? and the exact version of your distro ?

I see 2G of ram already .

regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memory leaks

Hi!! Experts, Any ideas how to check for the memory leaks in a process during performance testing?? I dont use purify.. Any way of finding it out using default S/W in HP UX-11 Can U gimme pointers to site having good scripts/tutorials on performance testing?? Thanx in Advance.. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Memory leaks on HP-UX 11i

Hi folks, We are using following listed configurations for a particular application. HP-UX 11i Sun Java 2 SDK Standard Edition 1.4.1 (version shipped with WebLogic 8) Oracle 9i Release 2 (Oracle 9.2.0) BEA WebLogic Server 8.1 SP3 It seems a memory leak when we use above configurations.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gimhan90
1 Replies

3. Programming

Tool for finding memory leaks

hi, i am a c++ programmer working on linux(redhat linux8.0) environment, i need to find out the memory leaks, so far i didn't used any tools, so what are the tools are available, and whic one is good to use. plz provide with a small example. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange problem with memory leaks

Hi Unix lovers, I am facing a strange problem about memory leak. One component of our product show memory leak at customer's end but not in development environment. The memory used by the exe goes on increasing at customer end but not in dev. customer has same m/c(HP unix 11i) , the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find memory leaks shell script ???

Hi all, Has anyone out there a shell script to detect memory leaks on unix machines? And if so what way did they go about it .? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nano2
5 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Looking for memory leaks freeware tools

Hello all Is there good free ware tools to check software memory leaks ? Some thing like purify on unix platforms sun/hp/linux Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

8. AIX

valgrind - pthread memory leaks on AIX

Hi all, I have written a small code just to invoke main and return immediately. When built with libpthread on AIX box, valgrind throws lots of memory leak errors. But when built without libpthread, no issues at all. Here is the sample run for your look. Any idea where I might be going wrong?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: visionofarun
3 Replies

9. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Programming

Memory Leaks

Suppose I have a main() function with only one malloc statement allocating say some 1 gb memory. Also say my system has 1 gb of ram. main() { malloc(1gb) return(0) } The program above exits without freeing the memory. In this case will the 1 gb of heap memory be returned... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
9 Replies
SBUILD-APT(1)							   Debian sbuild						     SBUILD-APT(1)

NAME
sbuild-apt - run apt-get or apt-cache in an sbuild chroot SYNOPSIS
sbuild-apt [-h|--help | -V|--version] CHROOT (apt-get|apt-cache) [ARG1 [ARG2 [ARGn...]]] DESCRIPTION
sbuild-apt runs apt-get(1) or apt-cache(1) inside the specified chroot, along with any additional arguments. OPTIONS
Actions -h, --help Display this manual. -V, --version Print version information. Chroot selection CHROOT The chroot to run the command in. Note that 'o', 's', 't', 'u' and 'e' may be used as abbreviations for 'oldstable', 'stable', 'testing', 'unstable' and 'experimental', respectively. APT options apt-get Run apt-get. apt-cache Run apt-cache. ARG Additional arguments to pass to apt-get or apt-cache. EXAMPLES
To update the APT package lists in the unstable chroot: % sbuild-apt unstable apt-get update Note that sbuild-update(1) is a more convenient method for doing the above. AUTHORS
Roger Leigh. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Roger Leigh <rleigh@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
apt-cache(1), apt-get(1), sbuild(1), sbuild-update(1), sbuild-upgrade(1). Version 0.63.2 18 Aug 2012 SBUILD-APT(1)