Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Find command fails in crontab Post 302459669 by cforget2810 on Tuesday 5th of October 2010 08:36:22 AM
Old 10-05-2010
Bug

No I did not. I will and let you know.
Thanks very much.

---------- Post updated at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:09 AM ----------

It worked. Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab fails to run script

OS is Ubuntu 8.04.3. When I run the command: /usr/bin/syslogMailer < /etc/syslog.pipes/criticalMessagesFrom a bash shell it works and i receive an email as per the script however when run from crontab it does not work. Can anyone explain why and how to fix it? /usr/bin/syslogMailer... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

3. Programming

SFTP fails from crontab but works from terminal

Dear community, I'm driving crazy with a strange issue. I have a simple script to transfer a file to a remote system:#!/bin/bash echo "put /tmp/server.log" > /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp sftp -b /tmp/server1_transfer.sftp user@10.99.1.2:Between client and server there is a SSH KEY, so if I run... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script, variable built command fails, but works at command line

I am working with a sh script on a solaris 9 zone (sol 10 host) that grabs information to build the configuration command line. the variables Build64, SSLopt, CONFIGopt, and CC are populated in the script. the script includes CC=`which gcc` CONFIGopt=' --prefix=/ --exec-prefix=/usr... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command fails when a space is in the directory path variable

I have a script like this running under OS X 10.8. The problem arises when the find command encounters a space in the path name. I need the "dir" variable as I'll be extending the script to more general use. #!/bin/bash CFS=$IFS IFS=$(echo) set dir = "/Users/apta/Library/Mail\... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apta
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script won't fails when running from crontab

Hi, My script runs fine from the command line, but when crontab tries to launch it encounters lack of permissions: could not open /dev/kbd to get keyboard type US keyboard assumed could not get keyboard type US keyboard assumed split: Permission denied This is the head of the script: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script fails to run properly when run from CRONTAB

Hello all, I'm trying to write a script to gather and send data and it works just fine at the bash command line, but when executing from CRON, it does not run properly. My scripting skills are pretty limited and there's probably a better way, but as I said it works at the command line, but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rusman
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command fails mid-way during execution

I wish to search for a particular string say "Yellow_Colors" in all files in all folders in the current directory. Below is the command I use: find ./ -type f | xargs grep -i "Yello_Colors"However, my command does not traverse all files and folders and errors out mid-way with the below error... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to know why crontab -e fails

more cron.txt 1 * * * * /u/ways.sh 2>&1 >/dev/null bash-4.1$ export EDITOR=vi bash-4.1$ crontab -e <cron.txt Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal Vim: Error reading input, exiting... Vim: Finished. The crontab file was not changed. bash-4.1$ echo $? 1 bash-4.1$ uname -a SunOS... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command works on Linux but fails on Solaris.

Hi, I am looking for a generic find command that works on both Linux and Solaris. I have the below command that works fine on Linux but fails on solaris.find /web/config -type f '(' -name '*.txt' -or -name '*.xml' -name '*.pro' ')' Fails on SunOS mysolaris 5.10 Generic_150400-61 sun4v sparc... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)