Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DNS and NTP strange problem
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support DNS and NTP strange problem Post 302459604 by remi75 on Tuesday 5th of October 2010 05:11:49 AM
Old 10-05-2010
under some distros, "servers" has to be enabled :

for instance the word ENABLE has to be in /etc/default/serverd (ntp or other services)

please check that .

also, is it to much for u to give us a ls -R of your rc?.d and the likes ...

order issue / scripts executable or not ...

regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

NTP problem

Hi, I have a problem using NTP. We have a setup as following : client --> HP Server(NTP) --> DMZ server --> DMZ server --> Internet Only some clients and our HP server is using NTP, the others are using different software. Now I get an error every day : Oct 1 13:17:15 nlunx1n1 xntpd:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidg
4 Replies

2. Solaris

NTP Authen Problem

Dear All I'm solaris user . I need to setup NTP authentication for my office server but I have some question for ntp setting up. I need to know if i set authen NTP the client that doesn't set for authen key can sync time from authen ntp server or not ?? when i setup the authen at ntp server ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goasutlor
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NTP problem

All - i tried to sysn the clock from our server to get the timing and the server IP has been added in the ntp.conf file and i have some problems here. if some1 help me to solve this problem. 1. i can ping server 2. i was unable to ntpq -p (time out, no response from remote server, it looks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: March_2007
2 Replies

4. AIX

NTP Client problem

Hello everybody! When I run command "ntpdate" the following error occures "ksh: ntpdate: 0403-006 Execute permission denied. " # oslevel -s 5300-08-06-0918 oslevel -r 5300-08 eny suggestion friends? :-) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwzviadi
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

NTP sync problem

Hi, I have 4 machines and all are NTP configured with same ntp.conf file. But 3 machines are in sync with Time server and 4th machine is not contacting & sync with the NTP server. Please see the below details. # service ntpd stop Stopping ntpd: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
0 Replies

6. Solaris

NTP problem.

Hi, I have edited the /etc/inet/ntp.conf file to point to a new time server. When I restart ntp on Solaris 10 using 'svcadm disable/enable ntp' it still points to the old ntp server when I run a 'ntpq -p'. Any ideas? Thanks. Sparcman (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NTP Problem

Hello every one i want to setup a ntp on sco unix 5.0.6 and i don't have any time server how can i do this with local time (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaydream
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

Setting up NTP HP-UX clients from solaris NTP server

Hi I wonder if its possible to setup NTP clients running HP-UX o.s. from a solaris 10 NTP server? FR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies

9. AIX

NTP time problem

I got an ntp time problem on AIX server. os version is AIX7.1 OS LEVEL 7.1.0.0 i got below output,when i run the below command bash-3.2# ntpdate -dv XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX 4 Dec 12:50:49 ntpdate: 3.4y transmit(xxxxxxxxx) receive(xxxxxxxxx) transmit(xxxxxxxx) receive(xxxxxxxxx)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: murali969
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

NTP synchronised problem in our Centos 7.6 node

Someone, please help on this issue:- Note : for security reason i didn't mention hostnames and ips. ============================================================================== # ntpstat unsynchronised polling server every 1024 s Ntpstat showing unsynchronised. ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanmugaraj
29 Replies
Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable - programmable DNS resolver class for offline emulation of DNS VERSION
0.003 SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable; use Net::DNS::RR; my $resolver = Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable->new( records => { 'example.com' => [ Net::DNS::RR->new('example.com. NS ns.example.org.'), Net::DNS::RR->new('example.com. A 192.168.0.1') ], 'ns.example.org' => [ Net::DNS::RR->new('ns.example.org. A 192.168.1.1') ] }, resolver_code => sub { my ($domain, $rr_type, $class) = @_; ... return ($result, $aa, @rrs); } ); DESCRIPTION
Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable is a Net::DNS::Resolver descendant class that allows a virtual DNS to be emulated instead of querying the real DNS. A set of static DNS records may be supplied, or arbitrary code may be specified as a means for retrieving DNS records, or even generating them on the fly. Constructor The following constructor is provided: new(%options): returns Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable Creates a new programmed DNS resolver object. %options is a list of key/value pairs representing any of the following options: records A reference to a hash of arrays containing a static set of Net::DNS::RR objects. The hash entries must be indexed by fully qualified domain names (lower-case, without any trailing dots), and the entries themselves must be arrays of the RR objects pertaining to these domain names. For example: records => { 'example.com' => [ Net::DNS::RR->new('example.com. NS ns.example.org.'), Net::DNS::RR->new('example.com. A 192.168.0.1') ], 'www.example.com' => [ Net::DNS::RR->new('www.example.com. A 192.168.0.2') ], 'ns.example.org' => [ Net::DNS::RR->new('ns.example.org. A 192.168.1.1') ] } If this option is specified, the resolver retrieves requested RRs from this data structure. resolver_code A code reference used as a call-back for dynamically retrieving requested RRs. The code must take the following query parameters as arguments: the domain, RR type, and class. It must return a list composed of: the response's RCODE (by name, as returned by Net::DNS::Header->rcode), the "aa" (authoritative answer) flag (boolean, use undef if you don't care), and the Net::DNS::RR answer objects. If an error string is returned instead of a valid RCODE, a Net::DNS::Packet object is not constructed but an error condition for the resolver is signaled instead. For example: resolver_code => sub { my ($domain, $rr_type, $class) = @_; ... return ($result, $aa, @rrs); } If both this and the "records" option are specified, then statically programmed records are used in addition to any that are returned by the configured resolver code. defnames dnsrch domain searchlist debug These Net::DNS::Resolver options are also meaningful with Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable. See Net::DNS::Resolver for their descriptions. Instance methods The following instance methods of Net::DNS::Resolver are also supported by Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable: search: returns Net::DNS::Packet query: returns Net::DNS::Packet send: returns Net::DNS::Packet Performs an offline DNS query, using the statically programmed DNS RRs and/or the configured dynamic resolver code. See the "new" constructor's "records" and "resolver_code" options. See the descriptions of search, query, and send for details about the calling syntax of these methods. print string: returns string searchlist: returns list of string defnames: returns boolean dnsrch: returns boolean debug: returns boolean errorstring: returns string answerfrom: returns string answersize: returns integer See "METHODS" in Net::DNS::Resolver. Currently the following methods of Net::DNS::Resolver are not supported: axfr, axfr_start, axfr_next, nameservers, port, srcport, srcaddr, bgsend, bgread, bgisready, tsig, retrans, retry, recurse, usevc, tcp_timeout, udp_timeout, persistent_tcp, persistent_udp, igntc, dnssec, cdflag, udppacketsize. The effects of using these on Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable objects are undefined. SEE ALSO
Net::DNS::Resolver For availability, support, and license information, see the README file included with Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable. AUTHORS
Julian Mehnle <julian@mehnle.net> perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable(3)