Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Remote commands fail for tcsh user Post 302459351 by Corona688 on Monday 4th of October 2010 12:28:59 PM
Old 10-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sszd
1. Why would output statements cause remote commands to fail?
I can't tell without seeing the script.
Quote:
2. Why does redirecting the output not work? In fact, redirecting the output did absolutely nothing. You still see the output.
Did you try redirecting stderr, too? or just stdout?
Quote:
[COLOR=red]3. Is there a better solution than checking the TERM environment variable? I don't know if doing such a check will cause some other login or remote login senario to fail.
Depends what you're trying to do, which is not clear at this point.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh and user input

Here is my script: echo "var 1:" read varone echo "$varone" When I run in via ksh the script runs successfully. However when I run it via tcsh I get "varone: Undefine variable" Does the name command not work with tcsh or do I need some additional modification? Is there a way to get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bonesy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to prompt the user to enter an array in tcsh

Hello, I am writing a script that requires the user to enter a string of numbers: ex: 134 345 865 903 This command only allows for one variable to be entered: set "var" = $< and than once I got the array I want to change it to a list with each input on a different line: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smarones
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH user input checks

I would like to check user input for arguments 1 and 2 for my Solaris TCSH script for the following: 1. That both user input arguments are numbers. 2. That they are both at least 5 digits. Thanks for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL6 Diskless Remote boot fail

Hi guys, I've been trying to set up a server for disk-less booting of remote machines on a network. The server host OS is RHEL6 and I have configured dhcp, tftp and nfs services which are proven to be working since I am able to install RHEL6 through pxe boot. Now I want it to serve for disk-less... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aninmuk
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running commands in remote node as root user

Platform :Oracle Linux 6.4 We are trying to automate the SAN level cloning from production RAC DB cluster to test. From a shell script, I would like to run the below command Step1,2 and 3 from Node1 in a sequential order as root user . How can I do this ? passwordless for root user is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed commands success / fail from commandline vs ksh script

solaris 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200 I need a sed command that tests true when presented with lines that contain either forward and backslash. input file: c:/myFile.txt c:\yourFile.txt It doesn't appear that sed (in my environment anyway) supports... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msutfin
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Remote Ssh Fail

Hi, I'm getting error when try to remote using ssh. I already check and ssh service is online. Does solaris 11 sparc need to do other setting. Error is interactive keyboard failed. Please assist me. Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:49 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping to user application sometimes fail

Hi, currently, I have a problem in a stress test bash script. i´m using the following command: while true; do echo $"command" | ./myprogram; sleep 0.4; done --> myprogram is watching for stdin via select The problem is that it will work a couple of times. After that, the stdin fd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bertl100
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help ssh key fail on remote server

Hello everyone, I need some help writing a bash script to: 1. ssh from a jumpserver to 50 remote servers logging in automatically using ssh keys and capture if zabbix is running by running a "ps -ef | grep zabbix" and output to a logfile capturing the server hostname and ps -ef output to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtowntechy
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)