Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to run a script everyday between 7 and 8 pm with the time interval of 5 minutes? Post 302459251 by jim mcnamara on Monday 4th of October 2010 08:10:40 AM
Old 10-04-2010
Code:
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 19 * * * /path/to/myscript.sh

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Run Interval to be dynamic

Hi All. I have a script which has to be run periodically. The frequency of its run will be decided by a Database stored value PollRate. e.g. If PollRate value is 300secs, then the script should be executed every 5 minutes, if it's 1500secs, it should execute every 15 minutes. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating files with time interval of fifteen minutes

Hi Guys, I have two dates as start date and end date.. i need to generate files within these two dates with time interval of half an hour.... i.e. Start Date=25/09/07 12:00:00 End Date=26/09/07 12:00:00 Now i need to generate files every half an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aajan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to run repeatedly after a fixed interval of time

Hi , I am working on the following script . I want this script to run and scan the log file repeatedly after 3 hours. This script will run & scan just for the current date logs and after every 3 hours. Kindly advice what to add in this script for this purpose. #!/bin/sh diff common.log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script 1 minute interval without CronTab

I am using Solaris 9. I wish to run my script every 1 minute inteval. Though i can run it using below entry in crontab. * * * * /export/home/username/script/file_exist_&_run.sh in short above script will check whether a specific file exist in a directory. If it found it will inovke another... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run script in the background with a time interval

I have a script I want to run in the background, and I have looked it up but I am not exactly sure how to do. First of all to run it in the background do you have to put something in the script or is it just a command when you go to run it. I found this solution to it but once again I am not to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mauler123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run every 5 minutes

Hello all, I want to run a script every 5 minutes. How to accomplish this task? Thanks in advance Mrudula (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrudula009
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run the shell script for every 15 minutes?

I want to run my shell script for every 15 minutes starting from 12:20AM. I am passing parameter GA to shell script. Does this work? Any one please comment on this? 20 0-23/15 * * * xyz.sh 'GA' > xyz.log 2>&1 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Main script triggers second and it has to run at specific interval

Hi Friends, I am newbie to shell programming and I am stuck trying to accomplish following task.We use Bamboo CI which executes script1 passing parameters. This Main script executes script2 as backend process as part of one of it statements. Task of script2 is to essentially check whether a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aditya206
0 Replies

9. Solaris

CPU and Memory Utilization every 5 minutes interval

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to collect the CPU and Memory usages every 5 minutes interval. Thanks in advance. Regards, FSPalero (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Bash Script thrice & then interval for 10 mins.

Hi... I am very new to shell scripting. I have written a script with help of this forum and some googling and it works the way I want it to. Currently this script checks for my SIP trunk registration every 5 seconds, if registration is not available then it reboots my router through telnet... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeetz
4 Replies
ATSADC(1)							       local								 ATSADC(1)

NAME
atsadc, atsa1, atsaftp, atsahttp -- counter-collection SYNOPSIS
atsadc [ t n ] [ ofile ] atsa1 [ t n ] atsaftp atsahttp DESCRIPTION
System activity-data can be gathered on special request of a user [see atsar(1) ] or automatically, on a routine basis, as described here. Usually the kernel maintains statistical counters that are incremented as various system actions occur. These include counters for CPU uti- lization, disk utilization, memory utilization and various network statistics. The program atsadc and the shell-script atsa1 are used to collect, save, and process these counters. The program atsadc (the data collector) samples system data n times with an interval of t seconds between samples, and writes in binary format to ofile or (default) to standard output. The sampling interval t should be greater than 1 second. If t and n are omitted, a special reset-record is written. This facility is used when booting to a multi-user state, to mark the time at which the counters restart from zero. For example, the reset-mark can be added to the daily data by the command: /usr/local/bin/atsadc /var/log/atsar/atsa`date +%d` Note that this entry is written to the /etc/rc.d/init.d/atsar file. The shell-script atsa1 is used to collect and store data in the binary file /var/log/atsar/atsadd where dd is the current day of the month. The arguments t and n cause records to be written n times at an interval of t seconds, or once if omitted. Furthermore this script takes care that log-files older than a week are removed once a day. A file containing following entries should be added to the /etc/cron.d directory to produce records every 20 minutes during working hours and hourly otherwise: 0 * * * 0-6 root /usr/local/bin/atsa1 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 root /usr/local/bin/atsa1 See crontab(1) for details. The shell-script atsaftp counts the new transfers registered in the FTP-logfile(s) since the previous time this script was activated; the new counters are stored in the /var/log/atsar/ftpstat file in ASCII-format. The names of the FTP-logfiles to be watched are specified in the /etc/atsar.conf configuration-file. The shell-script atsahttp counts the new transfers registered in the HTTP-logfile(s) since the previous time this script was activated; the new counters are stored in the /var/log/atsar/httpstat file in ASCII-format. The names of the HTTP-logfiles to be watched are specified in the /etc/atsar.conf configuration-file. Both scripts must be activated just before the program atsadc is started, which also collects these counters. FILES
/var/log/atsar/atsadd Daily data file, where dd are digits representing the day of the month. SEE ALSO
atsar(1), crontab(1) AUTHOR
Gerlof Langeveld, AT Computing (gerlof@ATComputing.nl) AT Computing July 2004 ATSADC(1)