Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bug in Function Call
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bug in Function Call Post 302458918 by Corona688 on Saturday 2nd of October 2010 03:30:24 PM
Old 10-02-2010
It works fine for me. Post your modified code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

function call

can I call a function in bash script just as in C++ while do function() done function() thanks, Steffen (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function Bug in script - need help

My script is erroring with: testtapemgr.sh: FTP_RETURNS: not found I cannot see what I am doing wrong..when it calls that function from the Volume returns function and says taht FTP_RETURNS is not found and exits out of the script. What am I not seeing here? #### Return Volume Function ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash-function with array acting bizarre, bug?

Hello, basically what this script is supposed to do is showing a list of hosts that is given a number, that you will be able to choose from a list. A check is made to verify that the chosen number is within the array and this is where things go bad and I don't know why, bizarre. I've spent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gand
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function Call

Hi, I have a string corresponding to a function. How I can call that function without if statement? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

After exit from function it should not call other function

Below is my script that is function properly per my conditions but I am facing one problem here that is when one function fails then Iy should not check other functions but it calls the other function too So anyone can help me how could i achieve this? iNOUT i AM GIVING TO THE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Call a Function

Hi I have created a function in a Shell Script test.sh function fnTest() { echo "My first Method } I have called this function in my test.sh cat abc.txt | grep "test" echo " test" fnTest But while running the shell script i got the following error: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort function UNIX bug ???

Hello there i have a funny behiavor of the sort fonction, i try it out on different Solaris machine and i have the same issue. So i would like to see if there is a rationel explanation here is some data in a file:test.txt ,Test,RSD,RSD_Asset ,Test,RSD,RSD_Credit ,Test,RSD,RSD_Liab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kykyboss
3 Replies

9. Programming

Tweaked getpass() function gives an untraceable bug

I have customized the getpass() as follows: char* my_getpass(const char* str) { struct termios oflags, nflags; static char passwd; /* disabling echo */ tcgetattr(fileno(stdin), &oflags); nflags = oflags; nflags.c_lflag &= ~ECHO; nflags.c_lflag |= ECHONL; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit

Hey, There was a small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit, but I fixed it (basically a double quote was missing from an element id): <div id="post_message_$post" class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Was <div id="post_message_$post class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead - LDAPv3 Post-Read control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP; use Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw( LDAP_CONTROL_POSTREAD LDAP_SUCCESS ); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( "ldap.mydomain.eg" ); $postread = Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead->new( attrs => [ qw/givenName/ ] ); my $mesg = $ldap->modify( "cn=Barbara Jensen, o=University of Michigan, c=US", replace => { givenName => "Babs" }, control => $postread ); if ($mesg->code eq LDAP_SUCCESS) { my ($afterwards) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_PREREAD ); my $entry = $afterwards ? $afterwards->entry() : undef; if ($entry) { print "givenName changed to '" . join("', '", $entry->get_value(givenName") . "' to 'Babs' "); } } DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead" provides an interface for the creation and manipulation of objects that represent the "Post-Read Controls" as described by RFC 4527. In modification operations, the "Post-Read request control" indicates to the server that a copy of the modified entry after the update is to be returned. After the successful completion of the operation, the accompanying "Post-Read response control" allows one to retrieve the updated value from the servers's response. One use case of this control may be to obtain values of operational attributes, such as the "entryUUID" and "modifyTimestamp" attributes, updated by the server as part of the update operation. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
In addition to the constructor arguments described in Net::LDAP::Control the following are provided. attrs => [ ATTR, ... ] A list of attributes to be returned in the entry returned in the response control. If absent, all attributes are returned. Operational attributes may be included in the list by explicitly asking for them or by using special "+" feature (provided the server supports this feature). METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. In addition to these methods, the control also supports the following method: entry () Returns the entry from the response control in the response message to the LDAP request that contained the request control. The result is either a Net::LDAP::Entry object or undefined. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4527.txt AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008,2011 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::Control::PostRead(3)