Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Column comparison between two files: moved from another post Post 302458909 by cs_novice on Saturday 2nd of October 2010 03:03:23 PM
Old 10-02-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
Code:
join Pval.txt Freq.txt

Hi Bartus
I do not want to join the files. I edited my post to make my question clearer.

thanks
Siva

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting a list of filenames of moved files

I'm moving a list of files of some extension and I wish to output the moved filenames into a text file, I tried using the command below, but after all the files are moved, I got a blank file. find /abc/temp -type f -mtime +365 \( -name "*.bak" -o -name "*.log" \) -exec mv -f {} /junk \; >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chengwei
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync, which files where moved?

Hello, I am using rsync to make sure that my folder "local" mirrors the remote directory "remote". When a file is copied from "remote" to "local", I need to apply a bash script to it. What would be a neat way to do that? Thanks ps: is there a way to edit the title of the thread (I am a bit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCR
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing Moved Files

Hi everyone, In a directory I have files with various extensions. I would like to move all the files ending in .L2 into a directory: ~/test. But I would also like to show which files are being moved. Of course I could type: $ ls *.L2 $ mv *.L2 ~/test Is there a way I can combine these two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
5 Replies

4. Solaris

files updated in last 10 hours should be moved

Hi, I would like to move all files that are updated in last 10 hrs. to some temporary folder. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to know the user who moved the files to other dir

Hi, I want to know the user ID who moved a file from one directory to another Directory. Example: File1 created by user A is present in dirA then some one has moved it to dirB using "mv" command I want to know the user ID who moved the file to dirB. As far as i know "ls -lrt" command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List moved files in text file

Hi. I am actually doing all of this on OSX, but using unix apps and script. I have built my own transparent rsync/open directory/mobility/etc set of scripts for the firm I work at, and it is all almost complete except for ONE THING. I have the classic problem with rsync where if a user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashtefere
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

column value comparison in a file

Hi, Can any one help with my below requirement. i need to compare each line by line and in each line i have to compare some columns values with previous line column values in perl script. Can any one help me........! its very urgent. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
3 Replies

8. Linux

Possible Cause of Files Not Being Moved?

Hi ULF, Good day! I'm working on a LINUX Suse server and I have an entry in CRON which looks like this below: 0 5 * * * /usr/bin/find /opt/nsfw/var/partition-all/ -name "RCV_SASN*" -exec mv '{}' /opt/nsfw/var/rcv-archive/ \; This tool runs everyday at 5am and it will just move the files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in column comparison & adding extra line to files

Hi, I wanted to check whether the x,y,z coordinates of two files are equal or not. At times, when one file is converted to another suitable file extension , there are some chances that the data mismatch would happen during the conversion. In order to avoid the data misfit, i would like to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: b@l@ji
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count the number of files moved?

I'm writing a script for searching substring in file content and then moving found files. So far I've wrote script shown below grep -lir 'stringtofind' $1 | xargs mv -t $2 How can i count number of files moved? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kadikis
4 Replies
Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetJoinStyle, Tk_NameOfJoinStyle - translate between strings and join styles SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetJoinStyle(interp, string, joinPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfJoinStyle(join) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char *string (in) String containing name of join style: one of "bevel", "miter", or "round". int *joinPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store X join style corresponding to string. int join (in) Join style: one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, JoinRound. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetJoinStyle places in *joinPtr the X join style corresponding to string, which will be one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, or JoinRound. Join styles are typically used in X graphics contexts to indicate how adjacent line segments should be joined together. See the X documentation for information on what each style implies. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If string does not contain a valid join style or an abbrevia- tion of one of these names, then an error message is stored in interp->result, TCL_ERROR is returned, and *joinPtr is unmodified. Tk_NameOfJoinStyle is the logical inverse of Tk_GetJoinStyle. Given a join style such as JoinBevel it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to join. If join is not a legal join style, then "unknown join style" is returned. KEYWORDS
bevel, join style, miter, round Tk Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)