Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to fix bootstrap failure in unix V4.0D? Post 302458890 by fpmurphy on Saturday 2nd of October 2010 11:20:16 AM
Old 10-02-2010
My Tru64 skills and knowledge are rapidly fading but I will try and help you.

Please post the output of:
Code:
>>> show

and
Code:
# disklabel -r dsk0
# hwmgr -show scsi

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

GCC bootstrap failure on AIX 5.3

I'm trying to build gcc-3.4.4 on AIX 5.3, and I get the following error in phase 2. I suspect that the problem is related to AIX's "as" assembler somehow, but from what I understand, the binutils assembler is not useable on AIX 5.1 or later. Any ideas? checking for powl declaration... yes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duggerdee
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Redirecting Bootstrap

Exactly how can I redirect bootstrap data generated by Networker to a file? The company's policy is to have this electronically saved remotely. The idea is to have the bootstrap info saved to a file and then use rsync to move that file to a remote server. So instead of sending it to a printer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jshwon
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP failure from unix to windows server

Hi, I am having unix server SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245. remote windows server details: Microsoft Windows In my script i am sftp'ing files to the windows server through sftp command. But the problem i am facing is, some files are successfully sftp'd to windows server and for some files sftp is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syamkp
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 (05/09) xNTPD Startup Failure - How to Fix

Dear All, I installed the Solaris 2.10 (05/09) download on a Sparc platform, and wanted to configure the network time protocol daemon (xNTPD) to work as an NTP client. Of course there are many web sites that trumpet the advise to simply copy the ntp.client file to the ntp.conf file, and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iic1tls
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Scrollbars and Bootstrap Tables

Making some progress using CSS from Bootstrap; changing table classes to the Bootstrap "table" class and wrapping those tables in a div with a scroll bar. So, the good news is that now each post with large blocks of code that exceeds the width of the screen will have a scrollbar; but the bad... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

New Tooltips for Thread Views Using Bootstrap

Hi, Well, I changed the descriptions for threads to use Bootstrap's UI and here is the results (make sure you set your YT setting for 1080 HD): New Tooltip for UNIX.COM Using Bootstrap - YouTube Here is the simple CSS I'm using for the fonts and colors: .tooltip-inner { ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Quick Update on UNIX.COM Site Renovation: Bootstrap, Font Awesome and jQuery

Here is an update on the site renovation: After a lot of analysis and example programming, including testing out a number of Javascript framework and libraries, in the short term, we are getting the most bang-for-the-buck from these three basic, core tech areas: Bootstrap (CSS and... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
term(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   term(7)

Name
       term - conventional names for terminals

Description
       Certain commands use these terminal names. They are maintained as part of the shell environment. For further information, see and

adm3a	 Lear-Siegler ADM-3a
       2621	 Hewlett-Packard HP262? series terminals
       hp	 Hewlett-Packard HP264? series terminals
       c100	 Human Designed Systems Concept 100
       h19	 Heathkit H19
       mime	 Microterm mime in enhanced ACT IV mode
       1620	 Diablo 1620 (and others using HyType II)
       300	 DASI/DTC/GSI 300 (and others using HyType I)
       33	 Teletype Model 33
       37	 Teletype Model 37
       43	 Teletype Model 43
       735	 Texas Instruments TI735 (and TI725)
       745	 Texas Instruments TI745
       dumb	 Terminals with no special features
       dialup	 A terminal on a phone line with no known characteristics
       network	 A terminal on a network connection with no known characteristics
       4014	 Tektronix 4014
       vt52	 Digital Equipment Corp. VT52
       vt100	 Digital Equipment Corp. VT100
       vt200	 Digital Equipment Corp. VT200 - used on VT220, VT240
       vt300	 Digital Equipment Corp. VT300 - used on VT330, VT340
       xterm	 xterm terminal emulator, X window system

See for an up-to-date and locally correct list.	See for more information on

Commands  whose	behavior may depend on the terminal, either consult TERM in the environment, or accept arguments of the form where term is
       one of the names given above.

See Also
       clear(1), ex(1), more(1), nroff(1), plot(1g), sh(1), stty(1), tabs(1), tset(1), ul(1), termcap(3x), termcap(5), environ(7)

term(7)