Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting chmod to stop cat from displaying the file? Post 302458837 by bartus11 on Saturday 2nd of October 2010 03:25:25 AM
Old 10-02-2010
Code:
chmod 000 MyFile

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

use a file to chmod

Hi! I need help becouse I've server to backup and I've a lot of files with 700 permission and I need to change the mode to 755 before copy So the point is. With find . -perm 700 -exec echo {} > textfile.txt \; I got a text file with 3156 line which one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to chmod a file/directory

This is Solaris 10, by the way. I am aware of ACLs or something like that in Solaris 10 where you can change who can access directories and such that goes beyond the standard permisisons (chmod and rwxrwxrwx). Although I thought when these were being used, the permissions listing would show a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
12 Replies

4. Programming

chmod:No such file or directory

sprintf(fname, "core.%d", pid); (void) unlink(fname); if (ttrace(TT_PROC_CORE, pid, 0, 0, 0, 0) != 0) { perror("TT_PROC_CORE pass"); Fail(); } if (chmod(fname, 0) != 0) { perror("chmod"); Fail(); } Hi, If i execute above code,everytime am getting below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod of remote file

I would like to chmod the file which I am pulling from remote server onto my server. I am using the following script: sftp <server detail> get abc xyz chmod 666 xyz bye Though I could fetch the file successfully but I am not able to change the permission of xyz file on my server. umask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kdtrica
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod remote server file

I would like to chmod the file which I am pulling from remote server onto my server. I am using the following script: sftp <server detail> get abc xyz chmod 666 xyz bye Though I could fetch the file successfully but I am not able to change the permission of xyz file on my server. Pls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdtrica
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File permission by chmod

Hi, I have a typical problem. Consider the scenario: Folder1 ------> Folder2 ------> File1 ------> Folder3 Above is my folder structure, currently the user group "other" has no permissions. I wish to give "read" permission for "others" to File1 using a single command. chmod -R... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesh303
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How can i stop displaying Bits/banking with my account?

How can i stop displaying Bits/banking with my account? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cola
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while displaying(cat) file content inside telnet loop .

Hi Team, Not getting the file output inside my email which i am sending from unix box. . Please refer the below code : #!/bin/sh { sleep 5 echo ehlo 10.56.185.13 sleep 3 echo mail from: oraairtel@CNDBMUREAPZP02.localdomain sleep 3 echo rcpt to: saurabhtripathi@anniksystems.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tripathi1990
1 Replies
POM2(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  POM2(1p)

NAME
pom2 - convert POD to Text, HTML, etc., with Pod::POM SYNOPSIS
pom2 text MyFile.pm > MyFile.txt pom2 html MyFile.pm > MyFile.html pom2 pod MyFile.pm > Myfile.pod pom2 format [options] MyFile.pm > Myfile.xyz DESCRIPTION
This script uses "Pod::POM" to convert a Pod document into text, HTML, back into Pod (e.g. to normalise a document to fix any markup errors), or any other format for which you have a view module. If the viewer is not one of the viewers bundled with "Pod::POM", the script searches for an installed "Pod::POM::View" module that matches the specified format. For example if you have "Pod::POM::View::DocBook" installed then you could say: pod2 docbook MyFile.pm > MyFile.xml If any options other than "--help" are specified then they are passed to the constructor method of the view class. For example: pod2 docbook --root=chapter --titlecasing MyFile.pm > MyFile.xml would convert the Pod document to a DocBook chapter document with the titlecasing option enabled. Note that any string prefixed by ""--"" is taken as a valid option and passed to the constructor; if no value is specified then a value of 1 is passed in. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@kfs.org> extended by Andrew Ford <A.Ford@ford-mason.co.uk> VERSION
This is version 0.3 of pom2. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 2009 Andrew Ford. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
For further information please see Pod::POM. perl v5.10.1 2010-04-01 POM2(1p)