Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find the latest folder
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the latest folder Post 302458645 by rudoraj on Friday 1st of October 2010 10:26:59 AM
Old 10-01-2010
Find the latest folder

Hi,

I want to find out the files that are created the recent, how can I do it?

find . -type d

( i dont know what option to use to find the latest, it can be 1 day old or 10 days, but want to pick the latest one only)

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a folder name and find it in another folder (Complicated)

Hi Script Experts, Here is my scenario: 1. /var/mqm/qmgrs folder will contain 11 folders as follows: 1. /var/mqm/qmgrs/Folder_Name1 ....................../Folder_Name2 ....................../Folder_Name3 ....... ...................../Folder_Name11 2. if Folder_Name1 exists... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkhan12
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest file from a folder

Hi, I have a problem. I have some text files in a folder. The names can be like: emp_20080307053015.dat emp_20080306053015.dat emp_20080305053015.dat emp_20080304053015.dat The date format appended is like yyyymmdd and timestamp. What i need is i have to copy the latest file every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswarth
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying latest file into a folder

Hello all, this is my first post while i am trying to understand unix. I would basically like to know if i can do this: Lets say i have a folderA and folderB And i save something in folderA Can i make a script that checks folderA latest file, then compares it with the date of latest file in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: takissd
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find folder within folder, then find other folder in same dir

Hi all I'm new to your forum but not new to shells. I'm having a little trouble though as it's been quite some time since I scripted. Here's what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to search a directory named '/var/root/Applications' for another directory 'fooBar'. The "Applications" directory... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: DC Slick
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest (last file) in given folder

#!/bin/bash for i in {1..1536..1} do #find /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs for a in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do #max=a for b in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
4 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need to copy the latest file from Unix server to Shared folder

Hi All, One job in unix server will generate .csv files daily. I need to copy the latest of these .csv file from the unix server to the shared drive/folder in windows through unix script. My shared folder will look something like W:\some folder(for example). Could any one of you please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaya@123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all except latest datetime entery folder

Hello Expert, I have a strange requirement, I have folder where weekly backup are taken... week1_bkup_02102011 week2_bkup_09102011 week3_bkup_16102011 . . everyweek a backup is created I want to delete all folder except latest one for example in above a week4_bkup_23102011 is added... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find latest date in folder

HI I have folder in home dir. /home/kpp/07222013 /home/kpp/07212013 /home/kpp/07202013 Output :-- /home/kpp/07222013 Just find latest date (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Retrieve the Latest file in a folder using SFTP

HI Guys, Can anyone help me to retrieve the latest file from below example using SFTP I have below list of files in a folder v403t.lstprgms.sortin1 val027.d099.fwest.oct2711 xcelrptd.d1400sqp.dec1713.t040459.@02del xcelrptd.d1400sqp.dec1713.t073308.@02del... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heye18
3 Replies
AMOVERVIEW(8)						  System Administration Commands					     AMOVERVIEW(8)

NAME
amoverview - display file systems processed by Amanda over time SYNOPSIS
amoverview [--hostwidth width] [--diskwidth width] [--skipmissed] [--last] [--num0] [--togo0] [--verbose] [--config ] config DESCRIPTION
Amoverview displays a chart showing hosts and file systems processed by Amanda along with the backup level performed each day. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
--config config Use configuration config. --hostwidth width Set host field column width to width characters instead of 8. --diskwidth width Set disk field column width to width characters instead of 20. --skipmissed Compacts the output by only printing stats for the days Amanda actually ran. --last Outputs the last status of each disk at the start. Useful for long tapecycles and/or sparse reports. --num0 Outputs the number of level 0 dumps for each disk. --togo0 Outputs the number of runs until the last level 0 dump is overwritten. --verbose Amoverview can take a long while on large systems. This option reports intermediate steps while it is working. RESULTS
amoverview is a summary of the output of " amadmin <config> find ". When the last column of amadmin find contains anything other than "OK", amoverview translates this into "E" for that day. A number indicates the level of backup and it succeeded. An "E" indicates an error for that day. You get an "E" for all errors, like failed to connect, datatimeout, computer crashed, etc, but also for failing to write to tape. You can have an "E" followed by a number if a filesystem ran into end-of-tape once (gives an "E", and later that day, you flush it to a second tape (a number: the level, indicating success). If the flush failed too, you get a double "EE" for that day. You can also have a double code if you have two tapes in the changer and Amanda failed to write to tape the first time because it hit end of tape (resulting in "E0", for a full, "E1" for an incremental etc.) or twice with error ("EE"), and may a successful flush afterwards giving maybe "EE0". (Only the latest 2 characters are printed). EXAMPLE
This shows the /home file system on host2 was backed up at level 3 on the 8th, 9th and 10th of December, had a full backup on the 11th, a level 1 on the 12th and a level 2 on the 13th. # amoverview date 12 12 12 12 12 12 host disk 08 09 10 11 12 13 host1 / 0 1 1 1 1 1 host1 /var 0 1 1 1 1 1 host2 / 1 1 1 1 1 0 host2 /home 3 3 3 0 1 2 host2 /opt 1 1 1 1 1 1 host2 /var 1 1 0 1 1 1 SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amadmin(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMOVERVIEW(8)