Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Fitting data in gnuplot with xyerrorbars Post 302458611 by cosmologist on Friday 1st of October 2010 08:26:01 AM
Old 10-01-2010
Does my question make sense? I am just wondering if the fit function can take the errors in consideration....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gnuplot question: plotting 3D data in map view

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on z-value. - I want to define my own color scale - plot should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karman
1 Replies

2. Programming

GNUPLOT- how to change the style of data points

Hi, I am trying to arrange my graphs with GNUPLOT. Although it looked like simple at the beginning, I could not figure out an answer for the following: I want to change the style of my data points (not the line, just exact data points) The terminal assigns first + and then x to them but what I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: natasha
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gnuplot - Histogram Fitting

Hi I am trying to fit my histogram data with a gaussian model and am encountering two problems: 1. I can't seem to fit the histogram data with a model fit y(x) 'bin.txt' using 2:xtic(1) via a,b,c (error: need 2 to 7 using specs) 2. Even when I manually guess the correct parameters for my fit and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goffinj
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

placeholder in gnuplot data

My input data has occasional holes in it, spots where a sensor couldn't be read. These are ERR in the data file instead of a floating point number. What should I change them to, for gnuplot to ignore these values instead of whining about them? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corona688
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fitting a range of data

Hi, I am able to write an awk program that fits using the chi squared minimization method for each number is a data column... but I am wondering if it is possible to do that for a range of numbers at the same time. If I have a column for the observed data... and then say 10 columns for... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing file: preparing data for charts (gnuplot, calc,...)

Hi there, I have files (tsv) like this: CTLPort IO Rate(IOPS) Read Hit(%) Write Hit(%) Timestamp 0A 136 97 100 09:36:48 0B 3 100 100 09:36:48 0C 88 35 100 09:36:48 0A 87 100 100 09:37:49 0B 3 97 100 09:37:49 0C 83 45 100 09:37:49 0A 108 83 100 09:38:48 0B 3 100 100 09:38:48... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gray380
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output all files fitting the pattern

Hi there I need to create 1 line pipe that outputs list of files whose second character is digit in reverse order (file is a directory and called /tmp)the way I did ls /tmp | grep '^.]*' | sort -r dunno it does not seem working. I tried to do it with another directory that I am sure contain a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot Time Data Question

I have a data file of the following format: servername,2013-05-11 17:46:03,SomeText,195,195,11,202 servername,2013-05-11 17:47:03,SomeText,192,192,23,103 servername,2013-05-11 17:48:03,SomeText,189,190,14,117 servername,2013-05-11 17:49:03,SomeText,196,195,24,231 ... ... I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeeryM
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot Same Data Two Axes Different Units)

I'm pretty familiar with Gnuplot, but I've never actually come across a reasonable solution to this problem and I'm hoping someone can help me out! I think it's because I don't know how to pose the problem neatly, so please bare with me. Also new to the forum....so yeah... I have one data set (x... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TC69
3 Replies
scsi_arq_status(9S)					    Data Structures for Drivers 				       scsi_arq_status(9S)

NAME
scsi_arq_status - SCSI auto request sense structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) DESCRIPTION
When auto request sense has been enabled using scsi_ifsetcap(9F) and the "auto-rqsense" capability, the target driver must allocate a sta- tus area in the SCSI packet structure for the auto request sense structure (see scsi_pkt(9S)). In the event of a check condition, the transport layer automatically executes a request sense command. This check ensures that the request sense information does not get lost. The auto request sense structure supplies the SCSI status of the original command, the transport information pertaining to the request sense command, and the request sense data. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
struct scsi_status sts_status; /* SCSI status */ struct scsi_status sts_rqpkt_status; /* SCSI status of request sense cmd */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_reason; /* reason completion */ uchar_t sts_rqpkt_resid; /* residue */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_state; /* state of command */ uint_t sts_rqpkt_statistics; /* statistics */ struct scsi_extended_sense sts_sensedata; /* actual sense data */ sts_status is the SCSI status of the original command. If the status indicates a check condition, the transport layer might have performed an auto request sense command. sts_rqpkt_status is the SCSI status of the request sense command. sts_rqpkt_reason is the completion reason of the request sense command. If the reason is not CMD_CMPLT, then the request sense command did not complete normally. sts_rqpkt_resid is the residual count of the data transfer and indicates the number of data bytes that have not been transferred. The auto request sense command requests SENSE_LENGTH bytes. sts_rqpkt_state has bit positions representing the five most important statuses that a SCSI command can go obtain. sts_rqpkt_statistics maintains transport-related statistics of the request sense command. sts_sensedata contains the actual sense data if the request sense command completed normally. SEE ALSO
scsi_ifgetcap(9F), scsi_init_pkt(9F), scsi_extended_sense(9S), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 30 Sep 1996 scsi_arq_status(9S)