Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Oracle memory usage on Solaris box Post 302458557 by prabumohan on Friday 1st of October 2010 05:28:10 AM
Old 10-01-2010
No its just one physical server, we are not using any LDOMS or other virtualization techniques

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Memory usage in the box

Hello: Environment is: Oracle 817 on IBM RS/6000 AIX 433 I have 4GB RAM on the box and Page/Swap is about the same. Presently I am using close to 1GB of RAM towards 5 instances of ORACLE production environments. How can I know, how much of memory/RAM is used for : Oracle Processes , I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
2 Replies

2. Solaris

oracle process and LWP on solaris 8 box

Hi all, Without oracle tunning I understand that oracle processes always run on a single CPU at a time (the prstat output always show 1 CPU number) even on multi-processor hardware. Is it correct? Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solea
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comman/Tool to check memory leak in solaris box

Hello Guys, Please let me know about commands or tools that are available to check memory leak in solaris box. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshlbryan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

memory usage : kernel, oracle, other users

Hello, I'm looking for a command or script that could permit me to know what is memory usage group by HP-UX kernel, oracle processes and other users (specific software). A command like 'top' but for all processes and not only for 12 max could be very useful Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thierryUX
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Memory usage in Solaris - memory not freed?

Hi, I'm running a multi-process software system on a Solaris 8 machine. When I monitor the memory usage, I see that the free memory is dropping rapidly, but I can't detect a process that uses this memory. I'm using "top" to get the free memory and the memory usage of processes. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gewurtz
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Memory usage in a Solaris Container

Hi All, We have a server with Solaris 10 installed. The total memory of the server is 64GB. In order to check the memory info of the server I use "top" utility that gives me total and free memory in real-time. I have also installed a Sun container (non-global zone) on top of parent operating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slayer
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Memory usage by oracle, java

Hello Gurus, In Office, I have unix Solaris Server. Oracle and Java is installed on Solaris Server. Oracle when starts then oracle loads SGA, PGA memory and graps solaris server memory. In the same manner java and other applications grabs memory for them. I want memory distribution of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: get_chandrakant
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris memory usage

One of my Solaris Unix server has total RAM 128G . top & vmstat command shows free memory is 86G and usage is 42G. ps -eo pid,rss,commshows memory usage by process. when i sum all the memory usage by the process, it shows 1.9TB as shown below. $ ps -eo pid,pmem,vsz,rss,comm | sort -rnk2 |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find out the memory usage in Solaris?

Hi All, In one of the solaris box aslert got triggered as ... (Used_Real_Mem_Pct=93.0 Used_Swap_Space_Pct=75.0 )] when i see the usage by vmstat and sar i am not able to relate the alert with the free memory and swap memory please help to understand the vmstat output as below.. kthr ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)						systemd-detect-virt					    SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)

NAME
systemd-detect-virt - Detect execution in a virtualized environment SYNOPSIS
systemd-detect-virt [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-detect-virt detects execution in a virtualized environment. It identifies the virtualization technology and can distinguish full machine virtualization from container virtualization. systemd-detect-virt exits with a return value of 0 (success) if a virtualization technology is detected, and non-zero (error) otherwise. By default, any type of virtualization is detected, and the options --container and --vm can be used to limit what types of virtualization are detected. When executed without --quiet will print a short identifier for the detected virtualization technology. The following technologies are currently identified: Table 1. Known virtualization technologies (both VM, i.e. full hardware virtualization, and container, i.e. shared kernel virtualization) +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ |Type | ID | Product | +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ |VM | qemu | QEMU software virtualization, | | | | without KVM | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | kvm | Linux KVM kernel virtual machine, | | | | with whatever software, except | | | | Oracle Virtualbox | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | zvm | s390 z/VM | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | vmware | VMware Workstation or Server, and | | | | related products | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | microsoft | Hyper-V, also known as Viridian or | | | | Windows Server Virtualization | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | oracle | Oracle VM VirtualBox (historically | | | | marketed by innotek and Sun | | | | Microsystems), | | | | for legacy and KVM | | | | hypervisor | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | xen | Xen hypervisor (only domU, not dom0) | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | bochs | Bochs Emulator | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | uml | User-mode Linux | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | parallels | Parallels Desktop, Parallels Server | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | bhyve | bhyve, FreeBSD hypervisor | +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ |Container | openvz | OpenVZ/Virtuozzo | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | lxc | Linux container implementation by | | | | LXC | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | lxc-libvirt | Linux container implementation by | | | | libvirt | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | systemd-nspawn | systemd's minimal container | | | | implementation, see systemd- | | | | nspawn(1) | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | docker | Docker container manager | | +----------------+--------------------------------------+ | | rkt | rkt app container runtime | +----------+----------------+--------------------------------------+ If multiple virtualization solutions are used, only the "innermost" is detected and identified. That means if both machine and container virtualization are used in conjunction, only the latter will be identified (unless --vm is passed). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -c, --container Only detects container virtualization (i.e. shared kernel virtualization). -v, --vm Only detects hardware virtualization). -r, --chroot Detect whether invoked in a chroot(2) environment. In this mode, no output is written, but the return value indicates whether the process was invoked in a chroot() environment or not. --private-users Detect whether invoked in a user namespace. In this mode, no output is written, but the return value indicates whether the process was invoked inside of a user namespace or not. See user_namespaces(7) for more information. -q, --quiet Suppress output of the virtualization technology identifier. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
If a virtualization technology is detected, 0 is returned, a non-zero code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-nspawn(1), chroot(2), namespaces(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-DETECT-VIRT(1)