Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace lines from one file to another Post 302458461 by rdcwayx on Friday 1st of October 2010 12:08:21 AM
Old 10-01-2010
you need provide the sample on both file.dat.orig and file.dat, and tell us your expect output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a perticular character of all lines of a file

Hi all, I am new to UNIX, so sorry if my question seem stupid to u. well i want to replace the first character of first 30 lines of a file, only if the first character is h. and in anothe script i want to replace a particular string/character say hello/h of a file.Condition: It should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abovais
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace multiple lines in file

Hello I am a beginner in shell script. I was trying to find a way to replace multiple lines of a file with different set of multiple line. sed -n '/begin/,/end/p' < sample1.txt >test.txt UNEDITED=`cat test.txt` vi test.txt EDITED=`cat test.txt`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nox
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace lines in a file

I've got a file full of numbers, example: cat test.file 60835287 0 51758036 40242437 0 32737144 0 24179513 0 4131489957 I want to replace those numbers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace whole lines in the file from different files

Hi all, I have two parameter blocks in a configuration file, file1.conf. First parameter block starts with PWAT-PARM1 and ends with END PWAT-PARM1. Second parameter block starts with PWAT-PARM2 and ends with END PWAT-PARM2 (please see below in file1.conf). file1.conf is fixed width... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jae
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace lines in a file

Hi everybody, I am a newbie in shell scripting and I'm trying to write a script which reads lines from a file, searching some of this lines to change a specified number. I want to replace the line for another in the file. I have to replace multiples lines, so I have a for. Now I am trying with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a line with 2 or more different lines in same file

i have something like this... cat filename.txt <complexType name="abc"> bklah vlah blah blha blha blah blha </complexType > <complexType name="def"> bklah vlah blah blha blha blah blha </complexType > . . .and so on.. its a very large file (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
11 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Replace nth position character of all the lines in file

I want to replace 150th character of all the lines in a file using sed or awk... searched the forums but didn't find exact answer (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace first 3 characters in a unix file in all lines

Replace first 3 characters in a unix file (say replace "A&B" with "C&D") in all lines of the file. Need a sed or awk script to do this. Kindly help! -Kumar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasan2815
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep 2 consecutive lines and replace the second line in a file

I have a file lake this cat ex1.txt </DISCOUNTS> <B2B_SPECIFICATION elem="0"> <B2B_SPECIFICATION elem="0"> <DESCR>Netti 2 </DESCR> <NUMBER>D02021507505</NUMBER> </B2B_SPECIFICATION> <B2B_SPECIFICATION elem="1"> <DESCR>Puhepaketti</DESCR>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dhoni
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string with lines stored in a file

OS version: RHEL 6.7 Shell : Bash I have a file like below $ cat pattern.txt 'T_PKT_HEADER' 'T_ORD_ITM_LOYX' 'T_ORDERITM_TRMS' 'T_ORDER_ITEM' 'T_ORDER_ITM_PRI' 'T_ORDER_ITEM_OM' 'T_ORDER_ITEM_XA' 'T_ORDER_ATT' 'T_ORDER_ACTNSET' 'T_ORDER_XM' 'T_ORDER_X' 'T_ORDER_TNTX'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies
UNKNOWN(1)						      General Commands Manual							UNKNOWN(1)

NAME
unknown - identify possible genotypes for unknowns SYNOPSIS
A program to rapidly identify which genotypes are possible for individuals typed as unknowns in the input pedigree. unknown [ -cl ] DESCRIPTION
unknown infers possible genotypes and mating combinations for parents with unknown genotypes for ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1). OPTIONS
-c Use conditional allele frequencies. -l Choose a good set of loop breakers automatically. RETURN VALUE
0 Successful completion ERRORS
10 File not found 255 Failure EXAMPLES
Normally, unknown(1) is run immediately prior to its sister programs, ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1), like this: unknown mlink FILES
unknown(1) reads the two files pedfile.dat and datafile.dat as its own input and produces various temporary files that are used as input to the next program. These temporary files are ipedfile.dat, upedfile.dat, speedfile.dat and newspeedfile.dat. NOTES
unknown(1) is part of the FASTLINK package, which is a re-implementation of the LINKAGE suite of computer tools that help investigate genetic linkage as first proposed G.M. Lathrop, J.M. Lalouel, C. Julier, and J. Ott. AUTHORS
Dylan Cooper, Alejandro Schaffer, and Tony Schurtz based on work originally by Jurg Ott, Ph.D, et. al. This manual page was written by Elizabeth Barham <lizzy@soggytrousers.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). WORD-WIDE-WEB http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/CBBResearch/Schaffer/fastlink.html SEE ALSO
ilink(1), linkmap(1), lodscore(1), mlink(1). April 15, 2003 UNKNOWN(1)