Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting several lines of text after a unique string Post 302458362 by durden_tyler on Thursday 30th of September 2010 01:53:41 PM
Old 09-30-2010
Obsolete... hence removed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting lines that match string at certain position

I have a fixed length file in the following format <date><product_code><other data> The file size is huge and I have to extract only the lines that match a certain product code which is of 2 bytes length. I cannot use normal grep since that may give undesirable results. When I search for prod... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting unique lines from text file

I have a file with 14million lines and I would like to extract all the unique lines from the file into another text file. For example: Contents of file1 happy sad smile happy funny sad I want to run a command against file one that only returns the unique lines (ie 1 line for happy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting text out of specific lines

Hi, I have a file like LAHORE 2009-04-16 16:04:19 THU S5830 FAULT MESSAGE SUPPRESS STATUS LOC : ASP00 STS : SUPPRESSING CONTINUE INF : F6201 TRUNK. DATA FAULT REPORT COMPLETED LAHORE 2009-04-16 16:04:20 THU S8400 ISUP SIGNALLING TRACE -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Text Between Two Unique Lines

Hi all! Im trying to extract a portion of text from a file and put it into a new file. I need all the lines between <Placement> and </Placement> including the Placemark lines themselves. Is there a way to extract all instances of these and not just the first one found? I've tried using sed and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extracting text from a string

I dont know if I am making any sense here. But I need to do something like this. I have a variable that contains result from the svnlook command on a post-commit hook script. test=`/usr/bin/svnlook changed $REPOS -r $REV | grep "^A.*index.html$" and I get test=A ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: kminkeller
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : extracting unique lines based on columns

Hi, snp.txt CHR_A SNP_A BP_A_st BP_A_End CHR_B BP_B SNP_B R2 p-SNP_A p-SNP_B 5 rs1988728 74904317 74904318 5 74960646 rs1427924 0.377333 0.000740085 0.013930081 5 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting specific text from lines

Hello, i've got this output text: and i need it to look something like this: which means that there won't be absolute path of each directory, just it's size and the last word after last '/' in each line, and i also don't need last line '1.7M /tmp' Looks like there is a simple... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krater559
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Multiple Lines from a Text File

Hello. I am sorry if this is a common question but through all my searching, I haven't found an answer which matches what I want to do. I am looking for a sed command that will parse through a large text file and extract lines that start with specific words (which are repeated throughout the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrDumbQuestion
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate lines with unique string AND number

In Bash using AWK or sed I need to convert the following file: ... numitem_tab0 =<p>1 KEYWORD</p><p>2 KEYWORD</p><p>3 KEYWORD</p><p>4 KEYWORD</p><p>5 KEYWORD</p>...<p>25 KEYWORD</p> subitem_tab0 =<p></p><p></p> ... numitem_tab6 =<p>1 KEYWORD</p><p>2 KEYWORD</p><p>3 KEYWORD</p><p>4 KEYWORD</p>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pioavi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple unique lines from event log text file into one line, use PERL or AWK?

I can't decide if I should use AWK or PERL after pouring over these forums for hours today I decided I'd post something and see if I couldn't get some advice. I've got a text file full of hundreds of events in this format: Record Number : 1 Records in Seq : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mayday22
3 Replies
lpsystem(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      lpsystem(1M)

NAME
lpsystem - register remote systems with the print service DESCRIPTION
The lpsystem command is obsolete, and could be removed at any time. The print system no longer uses the information generated by lpsystem. See lpadmin(1M), lpusers(1M) or printers.conf(4) for equivalent functionality. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Obsolete* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ * This command could be removed at any time. SEE ALSO
lpadmin(1M), lpusers(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 19 Feb 1999 lpsystem(1M)