Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read Table,View,Package,Function and Procedure Name in a File Post 302458304 by sboss on Thursday 30th of September 2010 10:40:08 AM
Old 09-30-2010
actually i have a text file(SQL and PL/SQL Code around 20000 Lines). In the file i have Table Names, Package, Procedures and Functions names.

Suppose in a query i have more than one table in From Clause i need to find first table and put in below format and second table and third table and so on.

I want separate all the object names from the file and put in a new file in a specific Format like below

<Object Name> <Schema Name>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

procedure/function not found in .ksh

Hi all , I am getting an error "job_procfile not found" while excecuting a .ksh script. The script is used to create control-m ( scheduler ) jobs dynamically by reading parameter files ( flat filescomma seperated ) job_procfile is a function within the .ksh script The script is something... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_ramaoz
8 Replies

2. Programming

how to view symbol table in unix

hi , How to view the contents of a "c" program symbol table information in unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanan_nitt
1 Replies

3. Programming

Cannot read a file with read(fd, buffer, buffersize) function

# include <stdio.h> # include <fcntl.h> # include <stdlib.h> # include <sys/stat.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int fRead, fPadded, padVal; int btRead; int BUFFSIZE = 512; char buff; if (argc != 4) { printf ("Please provide all of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naranja18she
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loading the data to the partitioned table using procedure

Hi one help, I need one procedure to load data from flat file to table. Table name as input parameter for the procedure. can anyone help me Thanks, Raj, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: easterraj
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read parameter file in a shell script to unload a DB2 Table???

Hi , I Have following requirement: DB2 Sql query to pass from a parameter file for example, I would create a parameter file with (SELECT column 1, column 2 FROM Table name) then job would read it and create a file with the contents named table.txt How to write/modify below ksh script to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table or view is not exist

If I select the statement on db is ok, but same statement on UNIX script I get table or view is not exist. what should I do?:( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hscript
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Improving find to read table name from file

Hi there, I currently use the following find command to recursively search all the subdirectories in our file system for a table ( in this case BB_TENURE_DAYS) find -type f -exec grep -l "BB_TENURE_DAYS" {} \+ So I have this so far - the problem is how do I read the line to get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read Table in file and split

HELLO I need your help please , i need to read a file that contain a table like : Name | Status ------------------ DB 1 | UP DB 2 | UP DB 3 | DOWN DB 4 | UP DB 5 | UP the objective to read each line and check if DB is UP or Down and give me the name of Down database.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdellah
10 Replies
SQL::Translator::Filter::Globals(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     SQL::Translator::Filter::Globals(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Filter::Globals - Add global fields and indices to all tables. SYNOPSIS
# e.g. Add timestamp field to all tables. use SQL::Translator; my $sqlt = SQL::Translator->new( from => 'MySQL', to => 'MySQL', filters => [ Globals => { fields => [ { name => 'modified' data_type => 'TIMESTAMP' } ], indices => [ { fields => 'modifed', }, ] constraints => [ { } ] }, ], ) || die "SQLFairy error : ".SQL::Translator->error; my $sql = $sqlt->translate || die "SQLFairy error : ".$sqlt->error; DESCRIPTION
Adds global fields, indices and constraints to all tables in the schema. The globals to add can either be defined in the filter args or using a _GLOBAL_ table (see below). If a table already contains a field with the same name as a global then it is skipped for that table. The _GLOBAL_ Table An alternative to using the args is to add a table called "_GLOBAL_" to the schema and then just use the filter. Any fields and indices defined on this table will be added to all the tables in the schema and the _GLOBAL_ table removed. The name of the global can be changed using a "global_table" arg to the filter. SEE ALSO
perl(1), SQL::Translator BUGS
Will generate duplicate indices if an index already exists on a table the same as one added globally. Will generate duplicate constraints if a constraint already exists on a table the same as one added globally. TODO
Some extra data values that can be used to control the global addition. e.g. 'skip_global'. AUTHOR
Mark Addison <grommit@users.sourceforge.net> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Filter::Globals(3pm)