Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiline parenthesis matching, with e.g. SED script, in LaTeX doc Post 302458162 by sune on Thursday 30th of September 2010 04:06:21 AM
Old 09-30-2010
rdcwayx: That would be

Code:
this \it{is} a
test

---------- Post updated at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:11 AM ----------

Hi Mubby,
Sorry didn't see your second question. So for completeness:
1) Yes, you got the idea.

2) No, there are no nested occurences of emph! (But there may be curly brackets in alpha).
Sune

---------- Post updated at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:13 AM ----------

Found a piece of (recursive) code and have modified it:
Code:
:top
/\\emph{.*}/ {
s/\\emph{\([^{}]*\)}/\1/g
t top
}
/{/{
        N
        b top
        }

Doesn't work however, but I have a feeling it just needs a tiny modification .....??

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

another sed question about parenthesis

hi, I'm trying to use sed to erase everything, up to, and including, the first closing parenthesis. for example: input: blah blah blah (aldj) test (dafs) test test. output: test (dafs) test test. how would i do this? I was fooling around with the parenthesis, and i only got it to apply to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gammaman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preparing LaTeX files using Sed/AWK for processing with latex2html

As the title states, my issue involves preparing LaTeX documents for processing with latex2html. Within my LaTeX docs I have used a package which allows me to cleanly display source code listings. However the package is not supported by latex2html which, when processed, does not display the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oski
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiline pattern matching

Hi, I have a file of the following from: Afghanistan gdpcapit|800 Akrotiri Albania gdpcapit|6000 now I want have the gdpcapit value next to the country when there is one like this: Afghanistan 800 gdpcapit|800 Akrotiri Albania 6000 gdpcapit|6000 How do I do this? I've... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarelVH
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk multiline matching

I have a file that looks something like this with lots of text before and after. Distance method: Sum of squared size difference (RST) </data> <pairwiseDifferenceMatrix time="02/08/11 at 13:08:27"> 1 2 1 448.82151 507.94231 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgray
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Sed (replacing parenthesis and comma)

I have the following text as an input text: input.txt Results('Toilet', 'Sink', ) and i want to remove the last comma so the output is output.txt Results('Toilet', 'Sink' ) I tried using the following sed command, but I get a parsing error: sed s/, \)/\)/g input.txt >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Multiline sed help!!

Hey everyone, I'm new to sed and I need to create a script for inserting one line of code at the beginning of every method in a Xcode project (over 6,000 methods). Each method Structure is (+ or -) (Various declarations-- could span multiple lines) ({) I've tried for days, any guidance would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help adding parenthesis

I have the following data and want to put parenthis around the numbers: PARTITION PERIOD_MIN VALUES LESS THAN 10649 TABLESPACE ODS_DAILY_MF_AUM, PARTITION PERIOD_10649 VALUES LESS THAN 10650 TABLESPACE ODS_DAILY_MF_AUM, PARTITION PERIOD_10650 VALUES LESS THAN 10651 TABLESPACE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline sed

Hi guys, I am fairly comfortable with using the sed command if the string to be replaced is all on a single line. I was wondering is it possible to use sed command in a multiline way ? Say for example I have the below string on 2 different lines: { "key": "brandNameA", ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multiline problem

I'm trying to replicate the sed output on p.108 of Sed&Awk,by Doughery & Robbins, 2nd edition. I'm on a Windows 10 Surface Pro, running Cygwin for 64-bit versions of Windows. Input text saved in text file called data_p108.txt: Consult Section 3.1 in the Owner and Operator Guide for a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prooney
9 Replies
IMPRESSIVE-GETTRANSITIONS(1)				      Debian GNU/Linux manual				      IMPRESSIVE-GETTRANSITIONS(1)

NAME
impressive-gettransitions - Generate Impressive info scripts for LaTeX presentations SYNOPSIS
impressive-gettransitions FILE.tex DESCRIPTION
A simple script to produce a .info file for use with Impressive, using special comments in a LaTeX/Beamer file. FILE.tex is a file to be parsed into .info file. For each /fullpath/blah.tex /fullpath/blah.pdf.info gets produced. SYNTAX
In the LaTeX document, impressive-gettransitions counts the pages to determine the PDF slide number of each one. The simpler page changes are automatically detected, that is: egin{frame} and: pause Other, more elaborated page changes must be noted with a %O comment: item<1-> Foo item<2-> Bar %O The transition to apply can be specified in a %O comment: egin{frame} %O SlideUp OPERATION
When the .info file corresponding to the LaTeX document already exist, impressive-gettransitions does not clear it, but only adds the transitions if finds to it. Thus, if you modified your document in a way that requires to completely replace the transitions, manually clear the PageProps section of the .info file. This can be done by running the following sed command: sed -i -e "/^PageProps = {/,/^}/d" FILE.info SEE ALSO
impressive(1) AUTHOR
impressive-gettransitions (originally gettransitions) has been written by Rob Reid. This manpage has been originally written by Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com>. Debian Project 2012-02-10 IMPRESSIVE-GETTRANSITIONS(1)