Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bug in Function Call
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bug in Function Call Post 302458059 by baraghun on Wednesday 29th of September 2010 12:27:30 PM
Old 09-29-2010
Do i need to call this function in CASE statement, if Yes ? How should i call it ?
Since there are 2 input parameters are required, if anyone Input Parameter missed, it should throw out an USAGE.

Instead using this
Code:
 if [ "$#" != 2 ]; then

can i USE this
Code:
 [ "$1" != 0 ] || [ "$2" != 0]; then

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

function call

can I call a function in bash script just as in C++ while do function() done function() thanks, Steffen (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function Bug in script - need help

My script is erroring with: testtapemgr.sh: FTP_RETURNS: not found I cannot see what I am doing wrong..when it calls that function from the Volume returns function and says taht FTP_RETURNS is not found and exits out of the script. What am I not seeing here? #### Return Volume Function ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gzs553
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash-function with array acting bizarre, bug?

Hello, basically what this script is supposed to do is showing a list of hosts that is given a number, that you will be able to choose from a list. A check is made to verify that the chosen number is within the array and this is where things go bad and I don't know why, bizarre. I've spent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gand
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function Call

Hi, I have a string corresponding to a function. How I can call that function without if statement? Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

After exit from function it should not call other function

Below is my script that is function properly per my conditions but I am facing one problem here that is when one function fails then Iy should not check other functions but it calls the other function too So anyone can help me how could i achieve this? iNOUT i AM GIVING TO THE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Call a Function

Hi I have created a function in a Shell Script test.sh function fnTest() { echo "My first Method } I have called this function in my test.sh cat abc.txt | grep "test" echo " test" fnTest But while running the shell script i got the following error: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort function UNIX bug ???

Hello there i have a funny behiavor of the sort fonction, i try it out on different Solaris machine and i have the same issue. So i would like to see if there is a rationel explanation here is some data in a file:test.txt ,Test,RSD,RSD_Asset ,Test,RSD,RSD_Credit ,Test,RSD,RSD_Liab... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kykyboss
3 Replies

9. Programming

Tweaked getpass() function gives an untraceable bug

I have customized the getpass() as follows: char* my_getpass(const char* str) { struct termios oflags, nflags; static char passwd; /* disabling echo */ tcgetattr(fileno(stdin), &oflags); nflags = oflags; nflags.c_lflag &= ~ECHO; nflags.c_lflag |= ECHONL; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit

Hey, There was a small bug in the Quick Editor function in postbit, but I fixed it (basically a double quote was missing from an element id): <div id="post_message_$post" class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Was <div id="post_message_$post class="neo-message-area">$post</div> Should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
XmScrollVisible(library call)											     XmScrollVisible(library call)

NAME
XmScrollVisible -- A ScrolledWindow function that makes an invisible descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/ScrolledW.h> void XmScrollVisible( Widget scrollw_widget, Widget widget, Dimension left_right_margin, Dimension top_bottom_margin); DESCRIPTION
XmScrollVisible makes an obscured or partially obscured widget or gadget descendant of a ScrolledWindow work area visible. The function re- positions the work area and sets the specified margins between the widget and the nearest viewport boundary. The widget's location relative to the viewport determines whether one or both of the margins must be adjusted. This function requires that the XmNscrollingPolicy of the ScrolledWindow widget be set to XmAUTOMATIC. scrollw_widget Specifies the ID of the ScrolledWindow widget whose work area window contains an obscured descendant. widget Specifies the ID of the widget to be made visible. left_right_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the left or right edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved horizontally to make it visible. top_bottom_margin Specifies the margin to establish between the top or bottom edge of the widget and the associated edge of the viewport. This margin is established only if the widget must be moved vertically to make it visible. For a complete definition of ScrolledWindow and its associated resources, see XmScrolledWindow(3) RELATED
XmScrolledWindow(3). XmScrollVisible(library call)