Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Free O/S for Unix downloads
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Free O/S for Unix downloads Post 302458031 by jsb1022 on Wednesday 29th of September 2010 10:54:18 AM
Old 09-29-2010
Setting up existing Active Directory accts on Debian server..

I built a Debian server. I am looking for a doc on how to set up the users active directory accounts so that they can use their existing AD Accounts to FTP files to the server. Is there something for this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free/Educational Unix for PC??

1) Which versions of unix are available free or for educational purposes for PC. I see that the solaris binaries cannot be used on PC. 2) When I installed Linux RedHat, I had to make a partition in ext3 format. Will I have to do something similar for unix? BTW, my linux red hat os will not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LANSTARR.COM
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

free vs commercial Unix

First off, I apologize for making my first post here a question that has probably been asked over a billion times... however with the ever changing nature of technology, it almost seems like yesterday's answers are no longer applicable. Basically I am looking to start up a business and am trying... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Verbose Bob
15 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware for UNIX/Free BSD

Hi! I'm planning to start to set up a Webserver. All software has to be freeware. I'm also planning to use Free BSD/UNIX for this project. Apache as Webserversystem and so on... Therefor I would like to have some info about what kind of hardware I need. I'm planning to buy a computer... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kargooliw
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free Shareware for UNix.

Hello Guys, Just started with unix. I need it to keep my job. I need a free downloadable Unix simulator to use. I already have a unix material i'm reading. Any ideas. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwegbue3
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free UNIX version

Hi, I want to learn UNIX at home. Are there any free version of UNIX to download on the internet and install on my PC??? (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: 012633023
20 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free UNIX software with oracle

Hi Friends, is there any site for download the UNIX operating system with Oracle database. if yes, Please send me the link for download the free Oracle software in UNIX environment. Thanks MPS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free unix software

I used to have a free software on my computer to practice unix. Unfortunately, I had to rebuild the laptop after it was infected by a virus. Now I cannot remember the website where to download the software. Can anyone point me to a site? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Output of Free command in unix?

Hello, I need some help to interpret the below output... What is -/+ buffers/cache? My understanding is, total RAM is 3986152 Bytes, used RAM is 3950904 bytes. What is buffers and cached?? Can any one please interpret this output? It would be great help if some one can help me on this? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

How do i find free space in my unix?

Hello, I wanted to calculate free space in my unix file system. Here is my direction. I can use df -h command to get the below output. Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on =================================================== /dev/vx/dsk/edcdg/data01vol ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Free online unix pdf?

Hi Friends, Can anybody please send me the best links for reading online unix tutorials. I knew the unix little bit, but I don't know properly :) Regards, Nag (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagraju.allam
1 Replies
FTPUSERS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FTPUSERS(5)

NAME
ftpusers - list of users that may not log in via the FTP daemon DESCRIPTION
The text file ftpusers contains a list of users that may not log in using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server daemon. This file is used not merely for system administration purposes but for improving security within a TCP/IP networked environment. It will typically contain a list of the users that either have no business using ftp or have too many privileges to be allowed to log in through the FTP server daemon. Such users usually include root, daemon, bin, uucp, and news. If your FTP server daemon doesn't use ftpusers then it is suggested that you read its documentation to find out how to block access for certain users. Washington University FTP server Daemon (wuftpd) and Professional FTP Daemon (proftpd) are known to make use of ftpusers. Format The format of ftpusers is very simple. There is one account name (or username) per line. Lines starting with a # are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpusers SEE ALSO
passwd(5), proftpd(8), wuftpd(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2000-08-27 FTPUSERS(5)