Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem when concatinating wildcard onto file location in bash script Post 302457704 by Corona688 on Tuesday 28th of September 2010 03:38:50 PM
Old 09-28-2010
If you get the directory wrong, it won't expand and will stay a literal *.

You can try 'echo $filelist' to see if it's expanding to what you expected.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

globbing, $# is too high after wildcard expansion in bash script

How can I pass in an argument such as "*.k" to a bash script without having to double-quote *.k and not having *.k `glob` to match all files in the pattern? I tried using noglob in my script but this didn't work the way I thought it would.. expansion is still occuring, $# is higher than I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoo591
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash Wildcard Question

Hi, I am writing a BASH script. In a directory I have a bunch of files of various filename structures. How do I list all the filenames that begin with either a capital or lowercase A or T. Is there one command that could replace the following 4: ls A* ls a* ls T* ls t* Thanks. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash copy file contents into an existing file at a specific location

Hi all I need to copy the entire contents of one file into an existing file at a specific location. I know the exact line number where I need to put it. It appears I would use either sed or awk to do this, but I have been unsuccessful so far: File A line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gshepherd7
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatinating the string in each line of the file

how to concatenate particular string in each line of a file.. root$cat conf check_11043 heartbeat_4345 ---------- if i want to add the string "done" output of the file should be check_11043 done heartbeat_4345 done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Copy files from one location to another location

Create a script that copies files from one specified directory to another specified directory, in the order they were created in the original directory between specified times. Copy the files at a specified interval. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcard in bash shell script

I tried to use the wildcard '*' in my bash script, but I can not get it work. Here is a simple example (list file names in current directory): ls ./* does not work in my bash script. But it works if I use ls ./ So is there any special syntax to use '*' wildcard in bash script (I tested the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aerosols
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read file location

I'm writing a bash script that reads a file location from a user, and I'm wondering how to get the script to accept tab to auto complete the directories that are input. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prodiga1
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficult problem: Complex text file manipulation in bash script.

I don't know if this is a big issue or not, but I'm having difficulties. I apoligize for the upcoming essay :o. I'm writing a script, similar to a paint program that edits images, but in the form of ANSI block characters. The program so far is working. I managed to save the image into a file,... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a existing file location and directory location in Solaris box?

Hi This is my third past and very impressed with previous post replies Hoping the same for below query How to find a existing file location and directory location in solaris box (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzme
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcard in bash script

Hi there, I am pretty new to linux scripting so .. I am writing a script to loop through all my directories of sequence files in order to do stuff with them (trimming, normalizing, stuff that one would do with sequence files). Here I need to pick out files that match each other. The files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jahndavik
10 Replies
pure-authd(8)							     Pure-FTPd							     pure-authd(8)

NAME
pure-authd - External authentication agent for Pure-FTPd. SYNTAX
pure-authd [-p </path/to/pidfile>] [-u uid] [-g gid] [-B] <-s /path/to/socket> -r /program/to/run DESCRIPTION
pure-authd is a daemon that forks an authentication program, waits for an authentication reply, and feed them to an application server. pure-authd listens to a local Unix socket. A new connection to that socket should feed pure-authd the following structure : account:xxx password:xxx localhost:xxx localport:xxx peer:xxx end (replace xxx with appropriate values) . localhost, localport and peer are numeric IP addresses and ports. peer is the IP address of the remote client. These arguments are passed to the authentication program, as environment variables : AUTHD_ACCOUNT AUTHD_PASSWORD AUTHD_LOCAL_IP AUTHD_LOCAL_PORT AUTHD_REMOTE_IP AUTHD_ENCRYPTED The authentication program should take appropriate actions to fetch account info according to these arguments, and reply to the standard output a structure like the following one : auth_ok:1 uid:42 gid:21 dir:/home/j end auth_ok:xxx If xxx is 0, the user was not found (the next authentication method passed to pure-ftpd will be tried) . If xxx is -1, the user was found, but there was a fatal authentication error : user is root, password is wrong, account has expired, etc (next authentication methods will not be tried) . If xxx is 1, the user was found and successfully authenticated. uid:xxx The system uid to be assigned to that user. Must be > 0. gid:xxx The primary system gid. Must be > 0. dir:xxx The absolute path to the home directory. Can contain /./ for a chroot jail. slow_tilde_expansion:xxx (optional, default is 1) When the command 'cd ~user' is issued, it's handy to go to that user's home directory, as expected in a shell environment. But fetching account info can be an expensive operation for non-system accounts. If xxx is 0, 'cd ~user' will expand to the system user home directory. If xxx is 1, 'cd ~user' won't expand. You should use 1 in most cases with external authentication, when your FTP users don't match system users. You can also set xxx to 1 if you're using slow nss_* system authentication modules. throttling_bandwidth_ul:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for uploads, in bytes per second. throttling_bandwidth_dl:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for downloads, in bytes per second. user_quota_size:xxx (optional) The maximal total size for this account, in bytes. user_quota_files:xxx (optional) The maximal number of files for this account. ratio_upload:xxx (optional) radio_download:xxx (optional) The user must match a ratio_upload:ratio_download ratio. Only one authentication program is forked at a time. It must return quickly. OPTIONS
-u <uid> Have the daemon run with that uid. -g <gid> Have the daemon run with that gid. -B Fork in background (daemonization). -s </path/to/socket> Set the full path to the local Unix socket. -R </path/to/program> Set the full path to the authentication program. -h Output help information and exit. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-authd -s /var/run/ftpd.sock -r /usr/bin/my-auth-program & pure-ftpd -lextauth:/var/run/ftpd.sock & /usr/bin/my-auth-program can be as simple as : #! /bin/sh echo 'auth_ok:1' echo 'uid:42' echo 'gid:21' echo 'dir:/home/j' echo 'end' AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2389, RFC 2228 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-authd(8)