Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing identical words in column Post 302457649 by leepet01 on Tuesday 28th of September 2010 12:11:52 PM
Old 09-28-2010
That Did It! Thank You!!!!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing uppercase words from textfiles

I have the task of removing all uppercase words from csv files, mit 10000's lines. I think it shoud be possible with regex's, something like "s/{2,}//g" but I can't get it work with sed or Vi. It would also be possible to script in ksh, awk, perl or python. example this "this is a EXAMPLE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frieling
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing 2 words from file.

Hi All, I have a text file with name of source files in that. source files ends with .mxml and .css. Now I want to remove the extensions of these source files. Currently I can do so by writing 2 sed commands, as there are files with just 2 different extensions. But I want to do it in one sed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding and removing 2 identical consecutive words in a text

i want to write a shell script that correct a text file.for example if i have the input file: "john has has 2 apples anne has 3 oranges oranges" i want that the output file be like this: "john has 2 apples anne has 3 oranges" i've tried to read line by line from input text file into array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cocostaec
11 Replies

4. SuSE

finding and removing block of identical strings

i have a problem in finding block of identical strings...i solved the problem in finding consecutive identical words and now i want to expand the code in order to find and remove consecutive identical block of strings... for example the awk code removing consecutive identical word is:... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Programming

i have a problem in finding block of identical strings...i solved the problem in finding consecutive identical words and now i want to expand the code in order to find and remove consecutive identical block of strings... for example the awk code removing consecutive identical word is:... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting words in list with more than 2 identical adjacent characters

Morning Guys & Gals, I am trying to figure out a way to remove lines from a file that have more than 2 identical characters in sequence.. So if for instance the list would look like ; the output would be ; I can't seem to get my head around perl (among many other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional removing of words from a line

Hi , I have a .csv file,from which I want to remove some data from each column as below. Source Data GT_12_AUDIT,SCHEDULED,NOZOMI2010/GT_12_AUDIT,CTSCAN/Zh_GT_6547887/GT_12_AUDIT,CTSCAN/Zh_GT_6547887... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the words with symbols in a file in unix

I have file like below Hi iam author <br>joseph</br> in france. I live in my home <br></br> but no food. I will play footbal <br></br> but i wont play cricket. I will read all the books <br>all fiction stories</br> i hate horror stories. I want output like below Hi iam author... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use regex on particular column (Removing comma from particular column)?

Hi, I have pipe separated file which contains some data having comma(,) in it. I want to remove the comma(,) only from particular column without changing data in other columns. Below is the sample data file, I want to remove the comma(,) only from 5th column. $ cat file1 ABC | DEF, HIJ|... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
6 Replies
premake(1)							    Development 							premake(1)

Name
       premake - a build script generator

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 2002-2008 Jason Perkins and the Premake Project Lua 5.1 Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

Usage
	--file name	  Process the specified premake script file

--clean 	  Remove all binaries and build scripts
	--verbose	Generate verbose makefiles (where applicable)

--cc name	  Choose a C/C++ compiler, if supported by target; one of:
	     gcc       GNU gcc compiler
	     dmc       Digital Mars C/C+ compiler (experimental)

--dotnet name	  Choose a .NET compiler set, if supported by target; one of:
	     ms        Microsoft (csc)
	     mono      Mono (mcs)
	     mono2     Mono .NET 2.0 (gmcs)
	     pnet      Portable.NET (cscc)

--os name	  Generate files for different operating system; one of:
	     bsd       OpenBSD, NetBSD, or FreeBSD
	     linux     Linux
	     macosx    MacOS X
	     windows   Microsoft Windows

--target name	  Generate input files for the specified toolset; one of:
	     cb-gcc    Code::Blocks Studio with GCC
	     cb-ow     Code::Blocks Studio with Open Watcom C/C++
	     cl-gcc    CodeLite with GCC
	     gnu       GNU Makefile for POSIX, MinGW, and Cygwin
	     monodev   MonoDevelop
	     sharpdev  ICSharpCode SharpDevelop
	     vs6       Microsoft Visual Studio 6
	     vs2002    Microsoft Visual Studio 2002
	     vs2003    Microsoft Visual Studio 2003
	     vs2005    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (includes Express editions)
	     vs2008    Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (experimental)

--help		  Display this information
	--version	  Display version information

Jason Perkins and the Premake Project					3.7								premake(1)