Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Live upgrade issue with ZFS Root Post 302457478 by fugitive on Tuesday 28th of September 2010 06:14:32 AM
Old 09-28-2010
Live upgrade issue with ZFS Root

I have created a solaris10 update9 zfs root flash archive for sun4v environment which i 'm tryin to use for upgrading solaris10 update8 zfs root based server using live upgrade.

following is my current system status

Code:
lustatus
Boot Environment Is Active Active Can Copy
Name Complete Now On Reboot Delete Status
-------------------------- -------- ------ --------- ------ ----------
zfsBE yes yes yes no -
zfsBEu9 yes no no yes -

when i try to upgrade the with luupgrade i get following error

Code:
luupgrade -f -n zfsBEu9 -s /mnt -a /flash/zfsBEu9.flar

63521 blocks
miniroot filesystem is <lofs>
Mounting miniroot at </mnt/S
Validating the contents of the media </mnt>.
The media is a standard Solaris media.
Validating the contents of the miniroot </mnt/S.
Locating the flash install program.
Checking for existence of previously scheduled Live Upgrade requests.
Constructing flash profile to use.
Creating flash profile for BE <zfsBEu9>.
Performing the operating system flash install of the BE <zfsBEu9>.
CAUTION: Interrupting this process may leave the boot environment unstable or unbootable.
ERROR: The flash install failed; pfinstall returned these diagnostics:

ERROR: Field 2 - Invalid disk name (zfsBEu9)
The Solaris flash install of the BE <zfsBEu9> failed.

What could be the reason for this .. is there anything i 'm not doin k ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live upgrade Issue

Hi, I upgraded solaris 10 x86 from update 3 to update 7 with zones installed n UFS file system . The global zone was updated but the non global zone still shows update 3 what could be the reason for this and how can i update the local zones to update 7 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Need assistance using live upgrade to patch a zfs server.

I am new to using zfs. I have a new Solaris 10 server and I would like to start using live upgrade to help me have a route to "get back to good" if when patching the server things go badly. In my searching so far I have found the following pages and learned a lot... How to make and mount a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Live Upgrade issue with Zones

I 'm running solaris10 u6 with 141414-02. My system is T5220 running 2 Ldoms and 7 zones on primary domain. I 'm tryin to create booth environment on my alternate root disk after breaking the SVM mirroring but it does not go well and stuck at some point , and i have to reboot the system to get rid... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Jumpstart ZFS root issue

I 'm tryin to install a solaris server After all the system initialization & extraction of flash archive installation aborts with following error .. Does anyone know what could be the issue for the same ? Any help would be appreciated Extracted 2205.05 MB ( 99% of 2205.54 MB... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

5. Solaris

ZFS root Issue

I jumpstarted a solaris sun4u box from WANboot and it completed but while coming up it gives following error and panics Use is subject to license terms. NOTICE: zfs_parse_bootfs: error 48 Cannot mount root on rpool/47 fstype zfs panic/thread=180e000: vfs_mountroot: cannot mount root ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Live Upgrade Issue

I tried a live upgrade for one my solaris 10u8 server which didnt go sucessfull and after that i now have following mounts in memory. df: cannot statvfs /.alt.sol10u8_2/var: No such file or directory df: cannot statvfs /.alt.sol10u8_2/var/run: No such file or directory df: cannot statvfs... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Live Upgrade Issue

Hi Guys, having an issue with running Live Upgrade on a t5240 runiing Solaris 10 5/08. The system has the required patches 121430, and Live upgrade was updated from the install media sol-10-u10-ga2-sparc-dvd.iso The following boot environments were created solenv1 and solenv2 with the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revo
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris patching issue with Live Upgrade

I have Solaris-10 sparc box with ZFS file-system, which is running two non global zones. I am in process of applying Solaris Recommended patch cluster via Live Upgrade. Though I have enough space in root file-system of both zones, everytime I run installcluster, it fails with complaining less... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
lutab(4)																  lutab(4)

NAME
lutab - list of boot environments SYNOPSIS
/etc/lutab DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/lutab is a list of the boot environments (BEs) configured on a system. There are two entries for each BE. These entries have the following form: BE_id:BE_name:completion_flag:0 BE_id:root_slice:root_device:1 The fields in the lutab entries are described as follows: BE_id A unique, internally generated id for a BE. BE_name The user-assigned name of a BE. completion_flag Indicates whether the BE is complete (C) or incomplete (NC). A complete BE is one that is not involved in any copy or upgrade operation. A BE can be activated or compared only when it is complete. 0 Indicates first of two lines. BE_id As described above. root_slice Designation of the root slice. root_device Device on which the root slice is mounted. 1 Indicates second of two lines. The lutab file must not be edited by hand. Any user modification to this file will result in the incorrect operation of live upgrade. SEE ALSO
lu(1M), luactivate(1M), lucreate(1M), lucurr(1M), lufslist(1M), lustatus(1M), luupgrade(1M), attributes(5), live_upgrade(5) WARNINGS
The lutab file is not a public interface. The format and contents of lutab are subject to change. Use lufslist(1M) and lustatus(1M) to obtain information about BEs. SunOS 5.10 8 Jun 2001 lutab(4)