Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dvd problem in T2000
Operating Systems Solaris dvd problem in T2000 Post 302457449 by hergp on Tuesday 28th of September 2010 05:03:55 AM
Old 09-28-2010
c1t0d0 seems to be the CD/DVD drive. Errors on this device are common and nothing to worry about.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

DVD drive problem after upgrade to Solaris 10

After upgrading to solaris 10 (from sol 8) on a SUN Blade 1500, it seems that the dvd/cd-rom does not accept dvds nor cds in the dvd drive. After I insert a dvd/cd in the drive, the disk is simply ejected (!) Is it possible that the upgrade made the system not being able to recognize these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miket
2 Replies

2. Solaris

dvd problem

I have a dvd on sunfire v215. It cannot mount automatically when I insert a dvd, but can when I insert a cd. Can anyone help me on this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
0 Replies

3. Solaris

T2000 - devfsadm problem

Hi everyone, I am having a problem when running devfsadm. We have many T2000, but on one of them, that is connected to our SAN, devfsadm reports no new disks. If a reconfiguration reboot is done, the system reports the new disk. But only with a reboot. We have Solaris10 installed and Veritas... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfotop
13 Replies

4. Solaris

Netra T2000 /var/adm/messages problem

Hi, I have a netra t2000 running solaris 10. It is fully patched with the latest patch cluster and also patch 118833-36 and 126897-02. The SC sys_event level is set to 3. I am running a test to show hardware log status, e.g simulating a power supply failure.Hence I unplug one of te... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
3 Replies

5. Solaris

SF T2000 prtdiag problem

Hi, a couple of T2000 servers did not show the component status and the output was too short. There was a patch that needed to be installed. I also updated to the latest recommended patch cluster and OBP patch. After reboot/restart of picl, it worked ok for a couple of weeks. Then suddenly it went... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
12 Replies

6. Red Hat

Yum installation problem from DVD !

Friends , I want to install package using yum from DVD in RHEL 5 . Hence I just follow the below rules : 1) # mount /dev/hdc /cdrom/ mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only 2) Edit the yum rhel-debuginfo.repo file like following way : # pwd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Auto boot problem on Sun T2000

Hi All I have a problem on T2000 server. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS 5.10 aaa Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000After the initial solaris installation server failed to boot: Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk:b File and args: The file just loaded does not appear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouzist
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Raid problem on T2000

Hi all, First post so be gentile :) It's my first time installing Solaris on T2000 server. I have 2 72GB HD's on it. After configuring HW raid and running raidctl command I get this output: bash-3.00# raidctl -l c0t0d0 Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Obi-Wan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem controlling devices (DVD)

Hi, I have a problem controlling devices on my iMac. The internal DVD is no longer working. Therefore I have bought a new external DVD, but some programs use the internal by default. Since iMac, runs UNIX beneath the Mac OS X, I hope to do some magic, by unmounting the internal DVD and put... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASL123
0 Replies
root_archive(1M)														  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2: Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)