Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching a delimited Key value pairs in shell script Post 302457342 by kurumi on Monday 27th of September 2010 09:12:05 PM
Old 09-27-2010
Code:
$ ruby -F"\|" -ane 'puts $F[2] if $F[0] =~ /^.*server-2$/' file
SVR_HOST=server-2.tst.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for key word within a file

Hello, I have a directory that holds all of my matlab codes. I am trying to run a searh on all of the matlab files that have the word "while" written inside the sytax of the code. Looking for all of the times that I did a while loop. Can someone help me do this? Thanks in advance. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moradwan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for text in a Space delimited File

Hi I am trying to search a firewall syslog space delimeted file for all of the different tcp and udp destination ports. I know that grep will find lines that contain specific text. And I have tried using the the the cut command to cut out of the file certain colums. However the test I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyblaylock
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing /proc/net/dev into key:value pairs (self-answered)

Hi all, I need some help with using sed/awk/other linux tools to meet the following goal: I'm trying to take the output of /proc/net/dev: Inter-| Receive | Transmit face |bytes packets errs drop fifo frame compressed multicast|bytes ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: felbane
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script help for Quotation Delimited File

I need help extracting a column in a file separated by quotations. I would like to extract the first column of data and write it to a flat text file. EXAMPLE of data: "c6e181396a1100ba19c53a6757a845c4","2012-05-18","email" "70879000563753bb9051b4ab8df43ac4","2012-05-18","email"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickytcom
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parse (delimited string) key-value pairs in a column into separate lines

Hi experts, e.g. i/p data looks like 0000xm7zcNDIkP888vRqGv93xA7:176n00qql||9700005405552747,9700005405717924,9700005405733788|unidentified,unidentified,unidentified|| o/p data should like - row1: 0000xm7zcNDIkP888vRqGv93xA7:176n00qql||9700005405552747|unidentified ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumoka
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing line with name:value pairs in shell script

HI , I have the following type of lines in a file and need to create a csv file that can be bcp'ed into a db The problem that I have is the delimited of the <name :value> is a space but some of the values in the pairs have space . eg msg_src_time:03/05/13 10:40:17.919 Need sugesstions on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tasmac
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query related to the SSH key pairs

Hi All, I have question , How to generate the SSH keys for the two servers in the pair. So if the server will be replicated , same SSH key pairs will work on each server. No need to generate the SSH keys for the second server. I have created the SSH keys for the single server. I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharsour
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting key/value pairs in awk

I am extracting a number of key/value pairs in awk using following: awk ' /xyz_session_id/ { n=index($0,"xyz_session_id"); id=substr($0,n+15,25); a=$4; } END{ for (ix in a) { print a } }' I don't like this Index + substr with manually calculated... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script @ Find a key word and If the key word matches then replace next 7 lines only

Hi All, I have a XML file which is looks like as below. <<please see the attachment >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <esites> <esite> <name>XXX.com</name> <storeId>10001</storeId> <module> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeev_hbk
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match tab-delimited files based on key

I thought I had this figured out but was wrong so am humbly asking for help. The task is to add an additional column to FILE 1 based on records in FILE 2. The key is in COLUMN 1 for FILE 1 and in COLUMN 1 OR COLUMN 2 for FILE 2. I want to add the third column from FILE 2 to the beginning of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: andmal
8 Replies
RUBY-BUILD(1)															     RUBY-BUILD(1)

NAME
ruby-build - compile and install Rubies SYNOPSIS
ruby-build [-v|--verbose] [-k|--keep] definition prefix ruby-build --definitions ruby-build --version ruby-build [-h|--help] rbenv install [-k|--keep] definition DESCRIPTION
ruby-build provides a simple way to compile and install different versions of Ruby on UNIX-like systems. ruby-build downloads, builds and installs the Ruby version specified in a definition into a prefix directory. Definitions can be chosen from the list of installed definitions or by specifying a file path for a definition. rbenv(1) users can also use the provided rbenv install command, which installs Rubies into the rbenv directory. OPTIONS
--definitions List available definitions. -k, --keep Don't delete source code after installation. -v, --verbose Display compiler messages on standard output. --version Show ruby-build version and exit. -h, --help Show usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
Install Ruby 1.9.3 (MRI, patch level 0) to ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 $ ruby-build 1.9.3-p0 ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 Install Ruby Enterprise Edition 1.8.7 (patch level 2011.03) for rbenv(1): $ rbenv install ree-1.8.7-2011.03 Install Ruby from a custom definition into ~/your-ruby: $ rbenv install /path/to/your/own/ruby/definition ~/your-ruby ENVIRONMENT
CC Sets the path to the C compiler. CONFIGURE_OPTS Options that are passed to configure when building a Ruby. MAKE_OPTS Options that are passed to make when building a Ruby. MAKEOPTS Used instead of MAKE_OPTS when MAKE_OPTS is not defined. TMPDIR Sets the location where ruby-build stores temporary files. RUBY_BUILD_BUILD_PATH Sets the location in which sources are downloaded and built. AUTHORS
ruby-build is developed by Sam Stephenson <sam@37signals.com>. This man page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution by Sebastian Boehm <sebastian@sometimesfood.org> but may be used by others. SEE ALSO
rbenv(1) June 2012 RUBY-BUILD(1)