Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How Will the World End?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Will the World End? Post 302457293 by Neo on Monday 27th of September 2010 04:41:56 PM
Old 09-27-2010
All are eelcome to write in your "how the world will end" scenarios and interpret "the end" as you like Smilie

The poll permits write in votes....

Basically we are talking about life on Earth...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Comments on "How Will the World End?"

I have read the sun-expansion scenario numerous places but I've never read any suggestion that the earth's orbit would increase to avoid being scorched. What mechanism would push it out? As for creating a black hole by the LHC, the whole concept is silly so any number of reasons would rule it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
9 Replies

5. War Stories

The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us

I hope you will enjoy reading this essay I wrote: The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us If you are a true "IT person" i.e. a software developer, code or deep system admin, I think you will resonate with the theme of my essay. I could... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
GIT-CHERRY(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-CHERRY(1)

NAME
git-cherry - Find commits yet to be applied to upstream SYNOPSIS
git cherry [-v] [<upstream> [<head> [<limit>]]] DESCRIPTION
Determine whether there are commits in <head>..<upstream> that are equivalent to those in the range <limit>..<head>. The equivalence test is based on the diff, after removing whitespace and line numbers. git-cherry therefore detects when commits have been "copied" by means of git-cherry-pick(1), git-am(1) or git-rebase(1). Outputs the SHA1 of every commit in <limit>..<head>, prefixed with - for commits that have an equivalent in <upstream>, and + for commits that do not. OPTIONS
-v Show the commit subjects next to the SHA1s. <upstream> Upstream branch to search for equivalent commits. Defaults to the upstream branch of HEAD. <head> Working branch; defaults to HEAD. <limit> Do not report commits up to (and including) limit. EXAMPLES
Patch workflows git-cherry is frequently used in patch-based workflows (see gitworkflows(7)) to determine if a series of patches has been applied by the upstream maintainer. In such a workflow you might create and send a topic branch like this: $ git checkout -b topic origin/master # work and create some commits $ git format-patch origin/master $ git send-email ... 00* Later, you can see whether your changes have been applied by saying (still on topic): $ git fetch # update your notion of origin/master $ git cherry -v Concrete example In a situation where topic consisted of three commits, and the maintainer applied two of them, the situation might look like: $ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit [... snip some other commits ...] * cccc111 cherry-pick of C * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A [... snip a lot more that has happened ...] | * cccc000 (topic) commit C | * bbbb000 commit B | * aaaa000 commit A |/ o 1234567 branch point In such cases, git-cherry shows a concise summary of what has yet to be applied: $ git cherry origin/master topic - cccc000... commit C + bbbb000... commit B - aaaa000... commit A Here, we see that the commits A and C (marked with -) can be dropped from your topic branch when you rebase it on top of origin/master, while the commit B (marked with +) still needs to be kept so that it will be sent to be applied to origin/master. Using a limit The optional <limit> is useful in cases where your topic is based on other work that is not in upstream. Expanding on the previous example, this might look like: $ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit [... snip some other commits ...] * cccc111 cherry-pick of C * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A [... snip a lot more that has happened ...] | * cccc000 (topic) commit C | * bbbb000 commit B | * aaaa000 commit A | * 0000fff (base) unpublished stuff F [... snip ...] | * 0000aaa unpublished stuff A |/ o 1234567 merge-base between upstream and topic By specifying base as the limit, you can avoid listing commits between base and topic: $ git cherry origin/master topic base - cccc000... commit C + bbbb000... commit B - aaaa000... commit A SEE ALSO
git-patch-id(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-CHERRY(1)