Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print new item in file with symbol Post 302457274 by kmuthu_gct on Monday 27th of September 2010 03:57:35 PM
Old 09-27-2010
Try the following:

Code:
print "\nPlease enter your name and marks :";

open (OUTFILE, ">>report");

$name = <STDIN>;
$mark = <STDIN>;
chomp ($name);
chomp ($mark);
print OUTFILE 
$abc = ("$name\t$mark\n");
chomp ($abc);
close (OUTFILE);

open (IN, "report") || die "Error opening data file: $!";

while (<IN>) {
   @array=split;
   if(eof) {
   print "*$array[0] $array[1]\n";
   } else {
   print "$array[0] $array[1]\n";
   }
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get string from file after nth symbol

I've got a file, where I want to grab two fields from it. The file isn't fixed format, so all I know is that the two fields are after a certain number of delimiters within the record. File e.g. as follows:- "1"^"HEADER"^ "5"^"12345678"^"Smith"^"Dave"^"Mr"^"Research &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveaasmith
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the comment symbol ' from a file.

I want to remove the commented lines in a file identified by ' symbol at the start of each ine. A sample example will be like: Input ----- 'IFerr_flag=0THEN iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then iferr_flag=0then Output -------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file and stopping at first item found

Hello, I try to write a shell script that would list all files on a directory and stop when it finds the first item specified on a find or ls command. How can I tell to the find or ls command to stop when it finds the first ".doc" file for example ? Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: davchris
7 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading each item from a formatted file

Hi, I have a file generated like this - 1. Fire SQL and store the formatted output in a temp file echo "select path, empid, age from emp_tbl" | /usr/sql emp_db 2 > count_file | grep vol > tempFile 2. The tempFile looks like this after the above statement /vol/emp1 0732 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to start with symbol and print next

File A >answer is the predicted other than >bigger than two >whatever isthere >out of mind CGAHHAWWASSASS SASAWEDSASSDDD SSDDDEDEUJUYYS >hello you are there other is what is that>you are not serious>leave it SSSAAAAAASS ASWWQQDDD WESEEWWWW WEEEEEWSS SJUJSGKKSSS SWBVHJJWUW >hi i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

7. Programming

Storing C++-struct in file - problem when adding new item in struct

Hi, I have received an application that stores some properties in a file. The existing struct looks like this: struct TData { UINT uSizeIncludingStrings; // copy of Telnet data struct UINT uSize; // basic properties: TCHAR szHost; //defined in Sshconfig UINT iPortNr; TCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a lis, find items in a file from the list, change each item

Hello, I have some tab delimited text data, file: final_temp1 aname val NAME;r'(1,) 3.28584 r'(2,)<tab> NAME;r'(3,) 6.13003 NAME;r'(4,) 4.18037 r'(5,)<tab> You can see that the data is incomplete in some cases. There is a trailing tab after the first column for each incomplete row. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Zabbix item for last line of a log file

Dear all,Zabbix version : 2.4 (yes, I know, upgrading soon - honest) Server OS version : CentOS 6, 64-bit (CentOS 7 with the Zabbix upgrade)I've got a large log file that I would like to read by an external process. It's basically the same as reading the item value on a web-page. I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process a list of items and uncomment lines with that item in a second file

Hello, I have a src code file where I need to uncomment many lines. The lines I need to uncomment look like, C CALL l_r(DESNAME,DESOUT, 'Gmax', ESH(10), NO_APP, JJ) The comment is the "C" in the first column. This needs to be deleted so that there are 6 spaces preceding "CALL".... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies
PBESPP(1)							   User Commands							 PBESPP(1)

NAME
pbespp - pretty print a PBES SYNOPSIS
pbespp [OPTION]... [INFILE [OUTFILE]] DESCRIPTION
Print the PBES in INFILE to OUTFILE in a human readable format. If OUTFILE is not present, stdout is used. If INFILE is not present, stdin is used. OPTIONS
OPTION can be any of the following: -fFORMAT, --format=FORMAT print the PBES in the specified FORMAT: 'default' for a PBES specification (default), 'internal' for a textual ATerm representation of the internal format --timings[=FILE] append timing measurements to FILE. Measurements are written to standard error if no FILE is provided Standard options: -q, --quiet do not display warning messages -v, --verbose display short intermediate messages -d, --debug display detailed intermediate messages --log-level=LEVEL display intermediate messages up to and including level -h, --help display help information --version display version information AUTHOR
Written by Aad Mathijssen and Jeroen Keiren. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at <http://www.mcrl2.org/issuetracker>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2012 Technische Universiteit Eindhoven. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the Boost Software License <http://www.boost.org/LICENSE_1_0.txt>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
See also the manual at <http://www.mcrl2.org/mcrl2/wiki/index.php/User_manual/pbespp>. pbespp mCRL2 toolset 201202.0 (Release) April 2012 PBESPP(1)