Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stale users and no process
Operating Systems HP-UX Stale users and no process Post 302457268 by LisaS on Monday 27th of September 2010 03:32:15 PM
Old 09-27-2010
Sitting idle for >100 days isn't going to cut it I don't think Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to kill stranded/orphan process by users.

I have customers on our AIX/UNIX node startup a process that becomes stranded or orphaned and must be killed. I would like to create a script to check for these orphan processes and kill them. I can have cron run this job. The customers process will run and after 24 hours time out leaving an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjohnson
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

kill process of other users

Hi, Can I kill process submitted by another uesr (say user1) if I'm not the su. If I got some previledges granted from user1, can I kill user1's process? Please advise? Thank you very much! Regards, Tse (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsesukfan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Stale Mounts

Is there an easy way to find all stale mounts on a system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: derf912
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing stale partitions

hi, i was trying to mirror root volume group and the command i was using didnt respond for a long time mirrorvg -m rootvg hdisk1 I was checking rootvg and it gives below. how do i fix stale partitions?? it seems to be on hdisk1 LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Stale NFS file handle

There are a filesystem /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB Under this filesystem there is a directory called backup. But When I am trying to access the backup directory ,it is showing me the following error: # cd /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB # cd backup -bash: cd: backup: Stale NFS file handle ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
3 Replies

6. AIX

how to remove the stale entry without a reboot??

my AIX server used to have scsi disk hdisk4. Now i removed that disk. But still it is still listed in lspv. So how can i remove the stale entry of it ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navadeep
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging task : script for mailing process completion timing report to users.

Hi all, This is my first post. I am new to unix scripting. My requirement is as follows : We are using a financial backoffice application. Now at the end of day we have send users a status report stating all timings of EOD processes for all countries. I need timings for following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammbhhar
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Bypass stale PE ?

Hello, I have an ancient HP-UX 11.11 system where I have a logical volume marked stale and I can't get it sync'd. I have tried lvsync and lvreduce/lvextend to no avail. It is just one 4Mb PE on the disk that I can't get current. # lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol5 | grep stale LV Status ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
17 Replies

9. AIX

Hd6 is in stale condition

Hi friends, the paging lv hd6 is in stale condition hd6 paging 48 96 2 open/stale N/A And i'am getting the following alerts in the server 333BD283 0811044814 U S LVDD Bad block detected with no relocation al 333BD283 0811041114 U S LVDD ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - stale partition

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirror. After problem with SAN pathing of our one Datacenter, I have LV at stale state. # lsvg cpsdata2vg VOLUME GROUP: cpsdata2vg VG IDENTIFIER: 00fb518c00004c0000000169445f4c2c VG STATE: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
6 Replies
lchage(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 lchage(8)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user user is required to change the password). -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 to disable this checking. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to 99999 to disable this checking. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Jan 12 2005 lchage(8)