Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How do I view file?
Operating Systems Solaris How do I view file? Post 302457203 by jastanle84 on Monday 27th of September 2010 02:02:46 PM
Old 09-27-2010
That worked out cool. Can you tell me what all this information in this file means. Is it like event files of all the actions on the server for that day?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view the contents of .gz file without extracting the file?

Hi All, I have several .gz files and i need to see the contents of these file, without extracting these file. If i extract these file the space will be full so. I need to see the contents and parse the contents to a script to extract data from these. Please let me know if you need any more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To view end of file

I have a large file of about 2500 lines. I want to see last few lines. any command. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish.s
1 Replies

3. Solaris

view HTML file through browser

Howdy experts, I have a HTML file in /var/tmp/file.html How can i view it through the webbrowser (mozilla or IE explorer) Thanks, purple (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

View ouput as a file

Hi all , I have a view in teradata , the ouput of that view have to be stored as a file with delimitere as '|'.Is there any possibility of doing this in unix ? Thanks in advance , Vinoth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino.paal
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

not able to view the file

Hi All, I am experiencing a strange and serious issue. I can see, a file exist there inside a directory while doing cat i can see the file exists, but while trying to view that its saying NO such File or Directory. (ipbala01)/env/balast7/app/working/batch_loader/data/system_2/input>ll total 12... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to view .dat file?

What is the command that can be used to open or view the .dat file in linux? Unable to read the contents of .dat file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rupaa
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to view unix file ?

Hi to all, 1- I'm trying to open a certain file in unix with the tool KEA! 2- i get to the correct folder with the CD command 3- Once in the correct directory i try the following unix command: vi NameOfFile.Z 4- Yes those files finish with a .Z 5 - I get something in the KEA!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchoniathon
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view the control characters in a file?

Hello, How can I view control and special characters of a text file?. For example, space, tabs, new line chars etc. Can I use hexdump for it? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

View file flags

hello: how could i view the file's flags? "ls -loa" doesn't seem to do the trick: root@giraffe:/etc # ls -alo total 820 drwxr-xr-x 23 root wheel - 2048 Oct 23 19:48 . drwxr-xr-x 19 root wheel - 1024 Nov 16 15:01 .. drwxr-xr-x 2 root wheel - 512 Nov 11 2014 X11... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ipfreak
6 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

Moving from Desktop View to Mobile View

See attached video for a demo on how to move back and forth from the desktop view to the mobile view. Currently this only works for the home page, but I will work on some new PHP code in the future to make this work with the page we are currently on. Edit: The issue with making every page ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
XkbResizeKeyActions(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					    XkbResizeKeyActions(3)

NAME
XkbResizeKeyActions - Change the number of actions bound to a key SYNOPSIS
XkbAction * XkbResizeKeyActions (XkbDescRec *xkb, int key, int needed); ARGUMENTS
- xkb keyboard description to change - key keycode of key to change - needed new number of actions required DESCRIPTION
The xkb parameter points to the keyboard description containing the key whose number of actions is to be changed. The key parameter is the keycode of the key to change, and needed specifies the new number of actions required for the key. XkbResizeKeyActions reserves the space needed for the actions and returns a pointer to the beginning of the new array that holds the actions. It can change the acts, num_acts, and size_acts fields of xkb->server if it is necessary to reallocate the acts array. If needed is greater than the current number of keysyms for the key, XkbResizeKeyActions initializes all new actions in the array to NoAc- tion. Because the number of actions needed by a key is normally computed as width * number of groups, and XkbResizeKeyActions does not modify either the width or number of groups for the key, a discrepancy exists on return from XkbResizeKeyActions between the space allocated for the actions and the number required. The unused entries in the list of actions returned by XkbResizeKeyActions are not preserved across future calls to any of the map editing functions, so you must update the key actions (which updates the width and number of groups for the key) before calling another allocator function. A call to XkbChangeTypesOfKey updates these. If any allocation errors occur while resizing the number of actions bound to the key, XkbResizeKeyActions returns NULL. SEE ALSO
XkbChangeTypesOfKey(3), XkbResizeKeySyms(3) NOTES
A change to the number of actions bound to a key should be accompanied by a change in the number of symbols bound to a key. Refer to XkbRe- sizeKeySyms for more information on changing the number of symbols bound to a key. X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbResizeKeyActions(3)