Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting translate ksh code to csh code Post 302456905 by proghack on Sunday 26th of September 2010 08:51:20 PM
Old 09-26-2010
hi danmero,
wht u mean by this part :
Code:
set array = `tr \\\n \  < file

for this ksh code :
Code:
email=$(grep "^$1" $folder/config_2.txt | awk '{print $2'})

The output should be like this :
Quote:
$email = group1 alan@gmail.com
$email = group2 susan@gmail.com
$email = group2 alice@gmail.com
Actually it mean read row by row and column.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Exit Code in HP-UX KSH.

In one of my programs another process is called using the system command e.g. lv_error = system("myproc"); where lv_error is declared as an int. myproc would be returning 0 for success and 1 for failure. e.g. if (success) { return(0); }else{ return(1); } When the return code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbb
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

\!* in csh what is it for ksh

Hey guys, Hopefully a simple question for you. In csh I have an alias that looks like: alias ff 'find . -name \!* -print' and can therefore perform a search for a file by typing: ff filename The same comand does not work in ksh alias ff="find . -name \!* -print" I get: find:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timsk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Csh Vs Ksh

I created a simple script and attempted to run it. All that the scrip contained was "ls -l". At first I received the message "ksh: run_dir: not found" I then tried typing "csh run_dir" This time the script worked. typing echo $SHELL produced /bin/ksh I would like to understand why this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SUSANR9999
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

python code...convert to ksh or sh

Helloo... I am not much familiar with python..I found this small script in python I even do not have python on my computer...can anyone help me out to convert this into ksh or sh.. PLEASE any help I will appreciate.. here is python code.. #!/usr/bin/env python import random # Get a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HowTo translate KSH Scripts to DOS Batch Files ?

Hi there, in near future I have to change my work surrounding from HP UNIX to Windows Vista (great to get rid of old hardware :), but bad to loose UNIX :( ). As I heavily use KSH scripts to do my job, I was wondering, if there is any HowTo available, supporting me in re-writing the scripts to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe-K7
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh code to ksh code

I have this code using csh and want to convert it to ksh to include this thinking into my ksh scripts. while ( $iarg < $narg ) MATH iarg = $iarg + 1 set arg = $argv set opt=` echo $arg | awk 'BEGIN { FS="=" } { print $1 }' ` set par=` echo $arg | awk 'BEGIN { FS="=" } {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate a short csh script to bash

Hi, I have a csh: set NODES = `cat $HOST_FILE` set NODELIST = $TMPDIR/namd2.nodelist echo group main >! $NODELIST foreach node ( $NODES ) echo host $node >> $NODELIST end @ NUMPROCS = 2 * $#NODES I am very frustrated to translate it to bash: NODES = `cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help translate code

Hi, all of you!!! I have this code and I won to build-in some more code. I know this is a lot of code. if ; then if ; then SYSROOT="$1" S_SCRIPT="cd $1 ; ./etc/rc.sysinit 2>&1 &" fi else ... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: jokerper
22 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translate csh to ksh

Hi! I need to translate those line in csh (to initialise variable) into ksh construct. Any help would be appreciated! I don't know how to replace them :( Thanks Hulu setenv TestHul "$0 $*" setenv JG `setenvp "JG" "" "$*"` setenv A_1 `setenvp "A_1" "NA" "$*"` Please use next time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patator67
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh code explanation

Hi. Can somebody please explain the following lines of KSH code for me? The code checks all sub directories in a specific location which are numbered (E.g. test_01, test_02 ... etc.), then finds the one with highest number and extracts that number from the dir name into the variable num. I'd just... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: user052009
9 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)