Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to connect ubuntu through putty from Window? Post 302456860 by pankajkumar on Sunday 26th of September 2010 12:54:59 PM
Old 09-26-2010
How to connect ubuntu through putty from Window?

Hii, i have installed ubuntu in windows without make partitioning by using wubi.. i want to connect ubuntu linux through putty. but I am unable to do that. Please help me.. how to set ip address in putty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change putty title window?

Is it possible to change the putty window title from a Unix command line? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

putty title window?

I have implemented the solution from mschwage located in post https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-expert-users/35784-change-putty-title-window.html; ie wt () { echo -n "^2;${@}^G" } This method is awesome!!!! The reason I am sending you this message is to get your assistance with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwif
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Get the Title of My Putty Window (Emulating an XTerm)

I have a Perl script that changes the terminal window title and I would like to reset it to the original value when I am done. We are using Putty which emulates xterm. We are not running X-Windows so I can't use something like xprop (can I?). I'm using XTerm control codes to change the title and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NateTut
2 Replies

4. Linux

Opening a GUI from a putty window on Linux

Hi, I have a linux which I am accessing using putty.I have written some code in TCL-Tk & developed a GUI based app.I knew that it is difficult to open a GUI based app. from putty,but there must be some way to do that. If anybody knows any such workarounds kindly let me know. Shell I am using is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forstudy3
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty - window size

Hi Guys, When I use putty and maximize it, then the second half of the emulator window is not utilized and used! I mean the mouse cursor is at the half of the page not at the bottom! i have to once minimize and maximize the window to tell putty that i am going to use the maxmized window...is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: messi777
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change the window name for putty

Hi everyone , Happy new year ! I have a question , hope someone will respond to me . I will be logging into so many servers in the same putty . So , whenever i loggedoff and loggedin into anonther server , putty window will change accordingly to the server name . If the above is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely setting putty window title

I have successfully used a script to modify putty's window title for many years. It has worked great in a Solaris 10 environment, using, sh, bash and tcsh. But I've never been able to get it to work in linux :( The script relies on sending escape sequences via gnu echo. The version of echo on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsreyb
4 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Login from putty in wndows7 to connect ubuntu machine

hi, i have ubuntu installed on windows 7. I am trying to connecting to ubuntu from windows 7 using putty but it is giving network problem. I am trying to connect with ip address Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with putty window setting

hi friends, This is not a shell scripting related doubt, but still posting so that you can answer it ;) or redirect to correct place in this website. Many a times i have to open multiple putty sessions by duplicating a session and want to rename their tabs. For this activity i have to right... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting command output to putty window title.

Hi, Last 2 weeks I have searched many forums and i haven't found the answer for the question: How to get all command output to Putty title? Needed it for other programs to know when some jobs on a server is done and is it done right or wrong. Plink stdout and stdin wasn't working, i used many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domagaj
1 Replies
DGETLP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DGETLP(1)

NAME
dgetlp - simulate ``dget'' behaviour for files hosted at librarian.launchpad.net SYNOPSIS
dgetlp [-d|(-v|-q)] <Launchpad DSC URL> DESCRIPTION
dgetlp simulates dget behaviour by downloading and extracting the <Launchpad DSC URL> from the Launchpad Librarian. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for dgetlp: -h, --help show this help message and exit. -d, --debug Enable debugging. -v, --verbose Enable verbose output. -q, --quiet Never print any output. <Launchpad DSC URL> This is the source package that you would like to be downloaded from the Launchpad Librarian. EXAMPLE
dgetlp http://launchpadlibrarian.net/10348157/coreutils_5.97-5.4ubuntu1.dsc AUTHOR
dgetlp was written by Terence Simpson <tsimpson@ubuntu.com> and modified by Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>. The python rewrite was written by Terence Simpson <tsimpson@ubuntu.com> based off the original. This man page was written by Ryan Kavanagh <ryanakca@kubuntu.org>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools 27 August 2008 DGETLP(1)