Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Configuring SNMP in linux
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring Configuring SNMP in linux Post 302456853 by Neo on Sunday 26th of September 2010 11:57:50 AM
Old 09-26-2010
Did you search for the files you are missing on the net?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S mobile.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

configuring more than one ip for an inteface pemanently (linux)

Hi does anybody know how we can add more than one ip for NIC(in Redhat Linux 7.2)? i usually do it by using this command ifconfig eth0 add <ip addresss> netmask <..............> up or ; ip address add 192.168.20.1/24 dev eth0 or adding it manually to file in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hessam
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

snmp on linux

Which is the best link which answers following question: What is use of snmp and How do i set it up in linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uday
1 Replies

3. Linux

Configuring USB in Red Hat Linux 9

Had problems in configuring USB memory stick in RHL 9. Please assist. With regards, Kungra. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kungra2006
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

configuring 2-gateways in linux

Hi, I want to configure 2-gateways in Linux . Please tell me how I can achieve this. I am accesing 2-internet connection through these 2-gateways. So I am looking that if 1-gets down then also other one is working. Regards JAGDISH (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdish.machhi@
1 Replies

5. Linux

snmp on linux

hello, I use this command: snmpwalk -c public -v2c zeus Timeout: No Response from zeus I then installed net-snmp on zeus. however, this has not changed the situation: snmpwalk -c public -v2c zeus Timeout: No Response from zeus any idea please on how to make the linux server answers... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

6. IP Networking

snmp linux win

I use snmp protocol on linux, now I have to use snmp on win, i use pc linux. I have activated the service snmp on win but I can not question him on my linux pc, you have any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fege
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

linux snmp trap relay

Hi all, I'm after a linux utility that can relay all incoming traffic on a certain port to another server. Can anyone recommend a good program? I've taken a look at snmptrapd, but it's not obvious how this can be configured for my requirements. Many thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badoshi
1 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Facing problem while configuring snmp

HI, I am facing these two errors while configuring snmp can any body guide me. vi /var/log/snmpd.log Error opening specified endpoint "udp:161" Server Exiting with code 1 i also tried bash-3.00# netstat -a | grep snm *.snmpd Idle bash-3.00# lsof -i :161 bash: lsof: command not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir1785
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Configuring Linux as a firewall

i have a linux server runnig oracle applications. i need to access this server from putty using ssh through internet. i did by registering my static ip with the dnydns.org and i am able to connect to the server. but now there is no security to authenticate any user as any one knowing the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
6 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

SNMP Linux help

Please could someone help - advise : I am running linux on a HP server, and I have installed the HP SMNP agents to the server. The snmpd process is running ok, I would like to send an snmp test message to the GMI server ( netcool ). Please could someone advise me the snmp command I can use.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies
cups-snmp(8)							    Apple Inc.							      cups-snmp(8)

NAME
snmp - cups snmp backend SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/cups/backend/snmp ip-address-or-hostname lpinfo -v --include-schemes snmp DESCRIPTION
The CUPS SNMP backend provides legacy discovery and identification of network printers using SNMPv1. When used for discovery through the scheduler, the backend will list all printers that respond to a broadcast SNMPv1 query with the "public" community name. Additional queries are then sent to printers that respond in order to determine the correct device URI, make and model, and other information needed for printing. In the first form, the SNMP backend is run directly by the user to look up the device URI and other information when you have an IP address or hostname. This can be used for programs that need to configure print queues where the user has supplied an address but nothing else. In the second form, the SNMP backend is run indirectly using the lpinfo(8) command. The output provides all printers detected via SNMP on the configured broadcast addresses. Note: no broadcast addresses are configured by default. MIBS
The CUPS SNMP backend uses the information from the Host, Printer, and Port Monitor MIBs along with some vendor private MIBs and intelli- gent port probes to determine the correct device URI and make and model for each printer. CONFIGURATION
The SNMP backend reads the /etc/cups/snmp.conf configuration file, if present, to set the default broadcast address, community name, and logging level. The configuration file is documented in cups-snmp.conf(5). The DebugLevel value can be overridden using the CUPS_DEBUG_LEVEL environment variable and the MaxRunTime value can be overridden using the CUPS_MAX_RUN_TIME environment variable. SEE ALSO
backend(7), cups-snmp.conf(5), cupsd(8), cupsd.conf(5), filter(7), lpinfo(8), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 23 April 2012 CUPS cups-snmp(8)