Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Terminate a port connection
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Terminate a port connection Post 302456772 by sriki32 on Saturday 25th of September 2010 10:30:07 PM
Old 09-25-2010
Suppose a installer uses a specific port 2010. During installation the port was assigned.
Now I deleted the installed files. But the port is still assigned. Now When I reinstall , it says port is not free. So I need to unassign or free the port

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Open Port 3306 for MySQL connection

I am needing to "un-block" port 3306 so that I can access MySQL from another PC. When I installed Mandrake 8.1, I set the security level to high because it is going to be a web server. I believe I have to allow access to my ports now and I do not know the commands to do that. If anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdboling
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the TCP/UDP port of a connection

Hi, Users are connecting thru a KCML Client to UNIX machine, and I want to know which TCP/UDP port that client uses? How can I check the port of a user logged in? Regards, Tayyab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

3. Programming

Cloning a socket connection, using other port numbers

Hello everybody, I've coded a multi-client server based on internet sockets using the scheme listen on port X-accept-fork, exactly like beej's guide At some point I would like to establish a secondary connection between a client and the server-child serving him. I was considering the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Serial Port Connection to a Sunfire V880 (having Solaris 10)

Hi, I'mtrying to connect a Device via the serial port to my Solaris 10 environment (Sunfire V880). I have setup ttyb to connect to the Device. I am getting a connected status in my Port Listing (Using a separate Module that I have in the app running in the environment) but the moment I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alchemist
0 Replies

5. Programming

Socket Programming - Port Scanner. I Get Connection Timed Out, Why?

When i put the target IP as 127.0.1.1, the program is working fine, can catch blocked & open ports. But when i try to scan remotely, i get connection timed out! Can you tell me why? :( Here is my code - Look at between where i put astriks - at the bottom: #include<iostream>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to terminate ssh connection without terminating script

Hi all, I connect with SSH connection to remote machine in the script and ı want to logout at half of the script then continue to script. If ı write exit in the script it terminates script not SSH connection. How can i do that please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fozay
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

IPF pass in connection to port 21 even with no explicit rule

I'm running IPF on solaris 10 bash-3.00# ipf -V #display ipf version ipf: IP Filter: v4.1.9 (592) Kernel: IP Filter: v4.1.9 Running: yes Log Flags: 0 = none set Default: pass all, Logging: available Active list: 1 Feature mask: 0x107 with the following rules bash-3.00# ipfstat -o -i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Iptables, port forwarding, 64k connection limit?

I am having an issue with iptables. My server is a RHEL6 64bit system. In my application I have a large number of connected clients ~100k to a particular service. The application works fine when iptables is off, 100k clients are able to connect. However, when I turn iptables on and add a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtipp3tt
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to test telnet connection using port

Hello, I need to test telnet connections using port number for few hosts. Could you please help me? Thanks !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skhichi
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Ssh Connection refused port 22

Hello everybody, I'm a begginer using Solaris so I really need your help. I'm trying to copy a file using scp from a Red Hat Linux 6 server to an Oracle Solaris 11 machine and all i get is an error "" ssh: connection to host <HOST_IP> port 22: Connection refused lost connection. Thanks for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: limaco82
6 Replies
semanage_port(3)					   Libsemanage API documentation					  semanage_port(3)

NAME
semanage_port - SELinux Network Ports Management API SYNOPSIS
#include <semanage/port_record.h> #include <semanage/ports_policy.h> #include <semanage/ports_local.h> This object contains properties associated with a range of network ports. For details on a specific function, see its manual page. Record API Overview semanage_port_create(3)- create a port range semanage_port_free(3)- release resources for this port range semanage_port_key_create(3)- create a key, which can be used to identify a port range semanage_port_key_free(3)- release resources for this port range key semanage_port_key_extract(3)- create a key matching this port range semanage_port_clone(3)- create an identical port range (deep-copy clone) semanage_port_compare(3)- compare this port range to the provided key semanage_port_compare2(3)- compare this port range to another Properties API Overview semanage_port_get_proto(3)- return the protocol for this port range semanage_port_get_proto_str(3)- return a string representation of the given port protocol semanage_port_set_proto(3)- set the protocol for this port range semanage_port_get_low(3)- return the low port number for this port range semanage_port_get_high(3)- return the high port number for this port range semanage_port_set_port(3)- set the port number (same low and high) for this port range semanage_port_set_range(3)- set the low and high port number for this port range semanage_port_get_con(3)- return the SELinux context for this port range semanage_port_set_con(3)- set the SELinux context for this port range Record Store API Overview semanage_port_modify_local(3)- add or update a port range in the local store semanage_port_del_local(3)- delete a port range from the local store semanage_port_exists(3)- check if a port range is defined in the persistent policy semanage_port_exists_local(3)- check if a port range is defined in the local store semanage_port_query(3)- query a port range in the persistent policy semanage_port_query_local(3)- query a port range in the local store semanage_port_count(3)- count the number of port ranges defined in the persistent policy semanage_port_count_local(3)- count the number of port ranges defined in the local store semanage_port_iterate(3)- execute a callback for each port range in the persistent policy semanage_port_iterate_local(3)- execute a callback for each port range in the local store semanage_port_list(3)- return an array containing all port ranges in the persistent policy semanage_port_list_local(3)- return an array containing all port ranges in the local store ivg2@cornell.edu 16 March 2006 semanage_port(3)