Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Tapatalk App for Reading Forums on Mobile Post 302456722 by Neo on Saturday 25th of September 2010 12:38:17 PM
Old 09-25-2010
Tapatalk App for Reading Forums on Mobile

Reading The UNIX and Linux Forums on My Mobile Phone

For testing purposes, I have installed Tapatalk on my mobile (Samsung Galaxy S running Android 2.1 for now).

Quote:
Installing Tapatalk Plug-in allows your members with iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia devices to communicate with your forum system, currently Tapatalk Plug-in works with vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and Simple Machines Forum:
Feel free to give it a try and post back any comments. You can now read The UNIX and Linux Forums on your mobile via this app.

It's actually kind of nice. On the app you can see the avatars, etc. We also placed a small banner on the bottom to take readers back to the forum main page in their browser.

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Here are some examples of what it looks like.... (not our forum, another forum... stock examples)

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel

Same feature set as iPhone:

Quickly Reply to a conversation:

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Tapatalk Stats for Forums (Android v. iPhone)

Interesting... for both the iPhone and Andriod phones, so far browsing forums using the Tapatalk apps is rare. Seems folks like the web (browser) format better. With new tablets coming out, I think this trend (browser on tablets v. special apps) will continue. I was surprised, however, that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Notice: Plan to Remove Tapatalk Mobile App

Dear Forum Users, Since Tapatalk spoofs HTTP_USER_AGENT, which is not considered an acceptable Internet practice, and that Tapatalk basically hijacks forum images (uses their own server to host images posted by a Tapatalk user), we cannot continue to support Tapatalk. We have not been... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Mobile App for UNIX.com?

Do we have a mobile app for unix.com? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
1 Replies