Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: EOF problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting EOF problem Post 302456708 by durden_tyler on Saturday 25th of September 2010 10:38:37 AM
Old 09-25-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aishsimplesweet
Code:
sqlplus fss_blf/fss_blf@schema1 << EOF
>select * from schema1_ta_example
EOF

now it is giving the error schema_ta_example does not exist , why because from the above first method it connect successfully and display the content of table why it is giving the error if i put EOF
There's nothing wrong with the here-document ("EOF"), but your script is incorrect. Remove the ">" character right before your query and put the sql terminator ";" after it.

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

EOF use

Hi, I'd like to access a windows directory from aix with samba client. To allow direct access (not interactive), i'm using EOF like: smbclient \\\\winserver\\windir 'passwd' -U usersmb << EOF cd subwindir put myfile EOF The access is correct but does somebody know how to trap errors... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo_aze
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with EOF

Hello, you are an awesome crowd! You answered my last questions, thank you sooo much! I am trying to write a korn shell script that will record the memory my application is using (HP-UX B.11.11) and I have this: if (( $APP > $THRESHOLD )) then echo "Warning message will display" cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satraver
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

\n after EOF

Hello all, I have unix file that ends with the following EOF '9999999999' I want to remove the '\n' character after EOF. What is the command that should be included in the script, before sending the file? will this work: $ echo "<99999999999>\c" >> <filename> thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya12
3 Replies

4. AIX

problem with expect eof

hi guys i have such simple script, which i'm executing on AIX 5.3 #!/usr/local/bin/expect spawn passwd exptest set password 123 expect "*password:*" send "$password\r" expect "*password again:*" send "$password\r" expect eof the output is following: spawn passwd exptest sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoom
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is << EOF

I'm trying to connect to oracle with the following code in the script: checksqlerror{ if echo $1 exit fi } $SQLPLUS username/password@schemaname checksqlerror "failed to connect to oracle" If I'm passing wrong schema name,instead of executing checksqlerror it stops and expects user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BhawanaAggarwal
2 Replies

6. Programming

Eof

How can I write EOF into a file? I tryed to do as follows: size=sizeof(EOF); end_of_file=EOF; write(fdMutexRichieste, &end_of_file, size); But it does non work correctly, becouse in the next cicle (using lseek(..., SEEK_END) of my code it seems to ignore my EOF and use the LAST... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

EOF creating problem

In shell file, i am writing following statement: cat > File1.sh <<EOF set feedback off set serveroutput on cat > File2.sh <<EOF contents of second file EOF Contents of First file EOF Actually, i want these bolded statements in File1.sh as it. But after first EOF, contents are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmunir
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Until eof do????

Hey! Can I write a routine that allows me to in a txt file check line by line until the end of file? something like until do ---some code--- done maybe it is a stupid question but I never learned shell scripts and I need this :p thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

confused with << EOF EOF

Hi friends , I am confused with << EOF EOF Most of the cases I found sqlplus $db_conn_str << EOF some sql staments EOF another exapmle is #!/bin/sh echo -n 'what is the value? ' read value sed 's/XXX/'$value'/' <<EOF The value is XXX EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imipsita.rath
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EOF problem with Cron Job?

Hey guys... first post here... I have set up the following cron to create daily backups for me and rotate them weekly: date=`date +%d`; tar -zcvf /home/mysite/backups/backup_dev_$date.tgz /home/mysite/public_html/dev/app --exclude=/home/mysite/public_html/dev/app/tmp However, I keep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy Serb
4 Replies
Filter::EOF(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Filter::EOF(3pm)

NAME
Filter::EOF - Run a callback after a file has been compiled VERSION
0.04 SYNOPSIS
package MyPackage; use warnings; use strict; use Filter::EOF; sub import { my ($class, @args) = @_; my $caller = scalar caller; # set the COMPILE_TIME package var to a false value # when the file was compiled Filter::EOF->on_eof_call(sub { no strict 'refs'; ${ $caller . '::COMPILE_TIME' } = 0; }); # set the COMPILE_TIME package var to a true value when # we start compiling it. { no strict 'refs'; ${ $caller . '::COMPILE_TIME' } = 1; } } 1; ... package MyUsingPackage; use warnings; use strict; our $COMPILE_TIME; use MyPackage; # prints 'yes' BEGIN { print +( $COMPILE_TIME ? 'yes' : 'no' ), " " } # prints 'no' print +( $COMPILE_TIME ? 'yes' : 'no' ), " "; 1; DESCRIPTION
This module utilises Perl's source filters to provide you with a mechanism to run some code after a file using your module has been pro- cessed. METHODS
"import( @functions )" Currently, only a function equivalent of the "on_eof_call" method is provided for export. use Filter::EOF qw( on_eof_call ); sub import { my ($class) = @_; ... on_eof_call { ... }; } ... "on_eof_call( $code_ref )" Call this method in your own "import" method to register a code reference that should be called when the file "use"ing yours was compiled. The code reference will get a scalar reference as first argument to an empty string. if you change this string to something else, it will be appended at the end of the source. # call C<some_function()> after runtime. Filter->on_eof_call(sub { my $append = shift; $$append .= '; some_function(); 1;'; }); EXPORTS
on_eof_call You can optionally import the "on_eof_call" function into your namespace. EXAMPLES
You can find the example mentioned in "SYNOPSIS" in the distribution directory "examples/synopsis/". SEE ALSO
Filter::Call::Util, "Exporting without using Exporter's import method" in Exporter AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
Robert 'phaylon' Sedlacek - "<rs@474.at>". Many thanks to Matt S Trout for the idea and inspirations on this module. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-08 Filter::EOF(3pm)