Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris M5000 boot net- install failed Post 302456455 by kumarmani on Friday 24th of September 2010 09:28:32 AM
Old 09-24-2010
To add on to the Duke solution, to find which network interface is used once you type boot net install. Use the devalias to see which the path of network before selecting the option from show-net.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install of net

How do you install linux over the net? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. Solaris

boot load failed

I modified the partitions on my Solaris 10 disk using format command in "boot cdrom -s" mode and then tried rebooting with "reboot". It said "Boot load failed". Why does this happen? I have faced this error before:( and I went in for a fresh installation of the OS.Can anyone tell me the reason as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

boot net problem

Hi my friends when I want to make boot net for my server I have receive: Time out ARP/RARP note: I have use Ok boot net (this is my Syntax) so what is the problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Net Boot with Flash install

I have a blade 6000 chassis with a T6340 blade. The blade took a dump and I am trying to rebuild it with a Flash Archive. I am using net boot from an E2900 and the flash is located on a an array that is attached to my v245 management server. I can net boot and I can select flash install. When I put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryan_ford
1 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot failed init

Dear all, I have a solaris 10 in my environment (VMware virtual machine). recently I increased the harddisk size from the VMware and reboot my server. after reboot the os is unable to boot and gives the below error message. exec(/sbin/init) file not found press any key to restart ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna001
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies

8. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
IPX_INTERFACE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  IPX_INTERFACE(8)

NAME
ipx_interface - add, delete, or display an IPX interface SYNOPSIS
ipx_interface add [-p] device frame_type [network number[:node number]] ipx_interface del device frame_type ipx_interface delall ipx_interface check device frame_type ipx_interface help DESCRIPTION
ipx_interface adds, deletes, or displays IPX interfaces depending on the option selected. An IPX interface is the item to which IPX sockets are bound. An IPX interface corresponds to an IPX Network Number which corresponds to a physical device and frame type. A sample IPX Interface would be: Network Number: 0x00ABCDEF Device: Eth0 Frame Type: 802.2. There is a special IPX interface per host known as the PRIMARY or default interface. You should specify node number only if you really know, what you are doing - on point-to-point devices, on loopback and on tap device if you are running Compatibility mode driver. OPTIONS add This option is used to create an IPX interface. If the -p flag is used, the interface is made PRIMARY. The network number can be optionally assigned. If it is not assigned, it is set to 0 which indicates it should be detected from the traffic on the network. del This option is used to delete an IPX interface. delall This option is used to delete all IPX interfaces. check This option is used to display the device, frame type, and network number of an IPX interface. help This option displays information about the utility. FILES
/proc/net/ipx_interface /proc/net/ipx_route BUGS
This functionality really belongs in ifconfig(8). AUTHOR
Greg Page <greg.page@caldera.com> Caldera, Inc. IPX Utilities IPX_INTERFACE(8)