Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris M5000 boot net- install failed Post 302456444 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 24th of September 2010 08:57:39 AM
Old 09-24-2010
do a "show-nets" from obp and copy the path to the networkinterface you are using. after that do a "cd /path/to/your/interface" and insert ".properties". you'll get the mac address of the interface (and many other infos).

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install of net

How do you install linux over the net? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. Solaris

boot load failed

I modified the partitions on my Solaris 10 disk using format command in "boot cdrom -s" mode and then tried rebooting with "reboot". It said "Boot load failed". Why does this happen? I have faced this error before:( and I went in for a fresh installation of the OS.Can anyone tell me the reason as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

boot net problem

Hi my friends when I want to make boot net for my server I have receive: Time out ARP/RARP note: I have use Ok boot net (this is my Syntax) so what is the problem? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Net Boot with Flash install

I have a blade 6000 chassis with a T6340 blade. The blade took a dump and I am trying to rebuild it with a Flash Archive. I am using net boot from an E2900 and the flash is located on a an array that is attached to my v245 management server. I can net boot and I can select flash install. When I put... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryan_ford
1 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 boot failed init

Dear all, I have a solaris 10 in my environment (VMware virtual machine). recently I increased the harddisk size from the VMware and reboot my server. after reboot the os is unable to boot and gives the below error message. exec(/sbin/init) file not found press any key to restart ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna001
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies

8. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
ARP(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  ARP(3pm)

NAME
ARP - Perl extension for creating ARP packets SYNOPSIS
use Net::ARP; Net::ARP::send_packet('lo', # Device '127.0.0.1', # Source IP '127.0.0.1', # Destination IP 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Source MAC 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Destinaton MAC 'reply'); # ARP operation $mac = Net::ARP::get_mac("eth0"); print "$mac "; $mac = Net::ARP::arp_lookup($dev,"192.168.1.1"); print "192.168.1.1 has got mac $mac "; IMPORTANT Version 1.0 will break with the API of PRE-1.0 versions, because the return value of arp_lookup() and get_mac() will no longer be passed as parameter, but returned! I hope this decision is ok as long as we get a cleaner and more perlish API. DESCRIPTION This module can be used to create and send ARP packets and to get the mac address of an ethernet interface or ip address. send_packet() Net::ARP::send_packet('lo', # Device '127.0.0.1', # Source IP '127.0.0.1', # Destination IP 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Source MAC 'aa:bb:cc:aa:bb:cc', # Destinaton MAC 'reply'); # ARP operation I think this is self documentating. ARP operation can be one of the following values: request, reply, revrequest, revreply, invrequest, invreply. The default ARP operation is reply. get_mac() $mac = Net::ARP::get_mac("eth0"); This gets the MAC address of the eth0 interface and stores it in the variable $mac. The return value is "unknown" if the mac cannot be looked up. arp_lookup() $mac = Net::ARP::arp_lookup($dev,"192.168.1.1"); This looks up the MAC address for the ip address 192.168.1.1 and stores it in the variable $mac. The return value is "unknown" if the mac cannot be looked up. SEE ALSO
man -a arp AUTHOR
Bastian Ballmann [ Balle@chaostal.de ] http://www.datenterrorist.de COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Bastian Ballmann This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.1 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2009-04-24 ARP(3pm)